PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell?

SpaceManSpiff
02-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Does this mean anything to any of you?

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF846a52, 0xB2325B2C, 0x00000000

Win32K.Sys- Address BF846A52 base at BF8000000, DateStamp 3F73195D

:confused:

Its some error I get when it all goes to a blue screen and says blah blah blah and then says this.

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know a good site that can find and fix bugs and errors in your computer? I found this one, but I dont want to pay and then have it not solve my problem.http://www.pcbugdoctor.com/

Pilotwings
02-08-2004, 01:00 AM
idon't get that. but today i got a blue screen too, it says something like "window error protection. you must restart window".:(

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Im gonna get a FUCKIN MAC!!! Screw Windows!:kill: :cool: <<Bill Gates.

Rubeus
02-08-2004, 01:42 AM
You can paste that error message into Microsoft's TechNet website and find out the reason and a possible solution.

suronosuke
02-08-2004, 02:34 AM
did u guy`s happen to install new software/hardware? and what version of windows os are you using?

Cobi*
02-08-2004, 02:41 AM
I have no idea what the problem might be but a good way to start to find out would be to make sure you've downloaded all the required windows updates from their site.

Pilotwings
02-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by SpaceManSpiff
Im gonna get a FUCKIN MAC!!! Screw Windows!:kill: :cool: <<Bill Gates.

atleast ur computer identified the errors for you. mine does not! it just say there are errors. how can i fixed it if i don't know what the errors is or the cause.:sweat: :rolleyes:

i just got around to getting perge of the nasty "huntbar / btlink" virus/worm/spyware/whatever." :o

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Well I just recentely had to put a new motherboard and HD in my computer. Now at first I was only having problems with Tribes2 and the whole unhandled exception thing.(very common) But after trying to fix that and not succeeding, I began getting this damn error at random times wether I was doing anything or not. So Ive uninstalled every program on my computer, rolled back to the old driver settings, and uninstalled my Graphics drivers, and then reinstalled them. Im going to install tribes again with nothing else and see what happens. If only tribes messes up and my computer messes up then that is fine, ill keep installing stuff and see what happens with only that for a while. I think I may need to update my bios, but I need to get someone who knows what they are doing to do that. Oh, and I recently updated my Nforce chipset drivers, so I wont do that again if the problem doesnt come back. I have Winxp and have all the updates.

My system: AMD Athlon xp 2600+, ATI 9600 Pro 128, 1 stick 512mb ddr400 pc3200 ram, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus UATA133 120GB 8mb, and an MSI K7N2 Delta-L (400FSB, dual channel mem support.)

Also, my ram is ECC CL3A I dont know what the CL3A is but I know the ECC stands for error correcting or something. I just figured id get the ram with ECC since it wasnt much more expensive, but then I saw on a site that said that kind is for servers, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 04:53 AM
well I uninstalled everything and only put on tribes2. The first time I started it, the UE came up imediately. The second time I tried it, I played for like 2 min and then the screen just went blue and I couldnt do a thing but reset. But it hasnt gone to the blue error screen while not in tribes, like before, so I think that might be fixed, ill just have to wait and see. As far as Tribes, I guess Ill just have to take it in to some pros and have them look at it or just not ever play it.:crying:

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 05:45 AM
Ok, it happened again while I was just browsing the web so I guess ill take it in to get repaired.:annoyed:

Here is what it said on another error screen:

Driver_ILQR_NOt_LESS_OR_EQUAL:irked:

Alucard
02-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Are you lot using Windows XP?

SpaceManSpiff
02-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Im using XP.

Damnit the problem got so bad that I had to just re-format, but the error came up while installing XP again and now I cant install it without the error coming up. Im on my old computer right now. Im gonna take my good computer to get fixed tommorrow though. But damn this sucks.

Mishi
02-09-2004, 12:19 AM
i had similar problems when i put my pc together at first but it had to do with my proc/speeds ect. settings. also it could cut you off like that if your overheating.

SpaceManSpiff
02-10-2004, 12:30 AM
Well my computer is in the shop now. Guess Ill have to surf the net for the next few days or more in the realm of 800MHz.:crying:

SpaceManSpiff
02-17-2004, 12:22 AM
YAY my computer is fixed!! Its weird, I guess my processor was a barton core, which I didnt even know it was. I was sure it wasnt when I bought it. So all they had to do was set some stuff on the motherboard to recoginze it, and then flash the bios and upgrade it. It only cost $85 too, less than I had expected. And I was talking to the computer guy about Hard drives, and he said that Maxtor has a 70% failure rate and that Seagate is even worse!! He says Western Digital and IBM are the best. Remember Seska you said Seagate was good. But this guy cant be wrong, cuz he weighs like 700 pounds. All he does is sit around doing computer stuff which means he must know better of course. And my hard drive is a Maxtor so I hope its part of the 30% ratio! Oh well my computer is fixed now and I can have fun now!!!!!

Alucard
02-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Do some research on the net and you'll see that he is speaking ****. Western Digital are by far one of the worst. IBM is excellent. Seagate is excellent. Its like the guy who told this other friend of mine that Soltek motherboards are the worst on the market. Pretty funny considering they win award after award.

Just because he works in a store doesn't make him an expert. Do the research on the net and then buy things. Dont listen to what they say.

SpaceManSpiff
02-19-2004, 03:53 AM
Actually, he is kind of an expert. He doesnt work in a store, him and his brother own a repair shop. They also build custom computers. But your right, I should research it myself. But without doing the research, for some reason it just seems easier to listen to the guy who works on computer for a living than some guys who run a forum. No offense, really, I appreciate all the help you guys have given me. My thought is, that maybe in the past Maxtor had a large failure rate or something, and since hes been in the buisness for so long thats all he remebers about them and has just lost trust in them. But I dont care, Ive had a 40 Gb Maxtor for over a year and it still works fine.

Alucard
02-19-2004, 09:35 AM
I never said Maxtor was a bad brand. Western Digital is. Anyone who recommends this brand has issues. Of all the HDDs I've owned and my friends have owned, all I ever saw was the WD ones dying. When my WD died, Western Digital wouldn't admit till about 2-3months later that that actual model was defective. Alot of pissed off people out there.

All the well respected sites on the net that people go to for info such as Sharkys and Toms Hardware, all of them give Seagate and Soltek very high awards. So I'd rather listen to them. I also have friends who are techs and they also wont go near Western Digital.

SpaceManSpiff
02-20-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
I never said Maxtor was a bad brand. Western Digital is.

I never said you did.:irked: I agreed with you.:P

Gamer CJ
02-20-2004, 12:47 AM
hey spiffy, i wanna donat 3 dollors to your game fund, i was gona rent a movie with it, but i remembered you were taking an offering and just went home and played chess with myself.

SpaceManSpiff
02-20-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Gamer CJ
hey spiffy, i wanna donat 3 dollors to your game fund, i was gona rent a movie with it, but i remembered you were taking an offering and just went home and played chess with myself.

Thats a verbal contract. You now have to pay me. I will send you the address to send it to once I get enough in the fund.:D