PDA

View Full Version : the Best final Boss in a videogames

Black Sugar
07-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Which Final Boss impress you the most (choose only one) and why?

As for me, the final Ganondorf from Zelda TOOT his the one who impress me the most.

When he threw Link sword like he was nothing and when he begin to scream with his glowing eyes... I swear to god, I was going the press the Reset button on my N64 because i was so freak out >.<...

hootie17
07-19-2002, 10:49 PM
i personally can't think of a really challenging final boss that can be really worth talkin bout, other than the 20 metal gears after u beat SOL in extra/very hard mode.

Seska
07-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Probably Kefka from FFVI.

First, cause he was a damn lunatic, and funny as well, so he will remain always as my favorite boss to beat. Second, when you finally do get to fight him at the end, it turns out he is some sort of semi-god which takes ages to kill!

Damn fun and a nice way to go for such a cool character.

Black Ace
07-20-2002, 12:54 AM
Probably Zelda OCarina of Time, Ganon and Ganondoft as well. Zelda games has always featured awesome boss. It's a Nintendo staple.

Overlord
07-20-2002, 01:04 AM
I have to agree with Seska. I also pick Kefka. He wasn't the toughest boss ever. But he was a great character. I liked his last form. And his line about the characters being from a page of a self-help book.

Edit:

I also liked Lavos from CT.

Black Ace
07-20-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
I have to agree with Seska. I also pick Kefka. He wasn't the toughest boss ever. But he was a great character. I liked his last form. And his line about the characters being from a page of a self-help book.

Edit:

I also liked Lavos from CT.

Oh yeah, how can I leave out Lavos? He was pretty cool. I never get to see all the endings out CT, I think there were like 10 different ones, its changes when you battle Lavos with different characters.

Overlord
07-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Actually, you get a differant ending when you fight him in a differant time with the New Game + feature. I think theres 14-17 endings. One just has 4 differant variations. You can just download them. They're not big file wise or anything either.

H. Magnus
07-22-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
Which Final Boss impress you the most (choose only one) and why?

As for me, the final Ganondorf from Zelda TOOT his the one who impress me the most.

Ganondorf, no question about that...

in 2nd place i'll put either Bison or Geese Howard, they may not be that freakish, but they're still a real pain in the neck!

Vicviper
07-22-2002, 05:05 AM
I can't name a favorite. But I can name multiple bosses that I really liked.

Castlevania's Dracula

Castle of Illusion- The evil queen from Snow White

Ghouls n' Ghosts- Loki

Mario 64 - 3rd Bowzer

TMNT Turtles in Time- Shredder.

HFIL
07-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Turtles in time boss was SUPER shedder.. he was really easy though...

I loved sephoroth from FF7... although his final form was kinda wierd... but I liked the development of him as the bad guy all the way up till the end...

I thought the chic who turned into a demon beast at the end of maximo was cool...

ALtered Beast.. had cool bosses at the end of every level..

ATMA
07-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Penance from FFX INT reason: 2 hours of sweating and hard thinking!!!:irked"

silvergun
07-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Personally... even though my name says it all, it would have to be Radiant Silvergun's last boss : Xiga. I think I pooped my pants the first 5 times I faced him... And going through his last attack (the diamond rain) at hard mode with a single life has got to be the most thrilling experience I've had with a video game. My heart was pounding as fast as Xiga's!

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 06:17 AM
1. The squid from 'Hentai Adventures'.
2. Britney, in Britneys Dance beat.
3. Last nite with you.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
07-31-2002, 03:21 PM
1 h34r 5up3r M4r10 5unsh1n3's g0t l33t b0ss f1gh7s!!
(Heard SMS's got great bosses)

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 08:28 AM
shut up kid assirus, you suck l-e-m-o-n a-$-$.
u havent even played it yet.

stop talking 133t, you aren't.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 11:20 AM
H3y now- I'm just letting you know what I h3ard!

No need to sho0t the messenger, m4n!

Oh and it t4kes great l33t to see l33t in othe3rs! ;D

Nindalf
08-06-2002, 01:26 PM
I cant choose the best final boss...the 2 bosses i like the most is Bowser in Super Mario 64 and Ganon and Ganondorf in Zelda OoT

chachiangel
08-17-2002, 10:40 PM
i think the most memorable final boss for me was hitler driving a crazy helicopter war airplane thing at the end of bionic commando. i think this was the first really long game i beat when i was a kid.

excalibest
08-19-2002, 10:46 PM
i like the 6 metal gear ray in sons of liberty......eventough they aren't the real final boss!

DarkFact
08-21-2002, 04:01 PM
For me it have to be the Black Pearl from Y's Book I & II since it was the first RPG that I really got into. Especially how the whole story and game made the ending seem so climatic.

snipersamus
08-22-2002, 05:01 PM
I'd have to say Bowser.FFX final boss was so easy man that dissapointed me so much the final boss shouldn't be the easiest boss in the game(not the stone things where you have auto-life but the final aeon) He SUCKED!!!

Sinful Sam
09-02-2004, 04:50 AM
I thought the final boss in Yoshi's Island was a lot of fun.
Super Metroid had an awesome boss fight (although it was easy) and with the escape it became memorable.
The last boss fight in Metal Gear Solid was also pretty good.

I didn't put any details because I don't want to spoil anything for someone.:sweat:

Renegade X
09-02-2004, 05:53 AM
I have to put Lavos as the best Final boss, but to add to that, Chrono Trigger had the best boss battles in gaming history.

MajorHavoc
09-02-2004, 06:13 AM
The sickest final boss is Invaldi, from GunValkyrie. It is this 30 foot high, flying Zombie Baby, with little angel of death wings and he wields a large double sickle and has all kinds of special attacks. The sickest boss ever!

Robo Halloween
09-02-2004, 09:32 AM
"KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!"

Need I say more?

Joe Redifer
09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
I like all the ones Vic Viper mentioned except Shredder from Turtles in Time.

The first time I saw Loki on my beloved Genesis I was absolutely blown away. I was pretty sure they couldn't do that on the NES! I just had to rub it in!

bemanisuperstar
09-02-2004, 08:20 PM
The Epic 3 form Drac in Castlevania 3

Jaquio in Ninja Gaiden 2

"KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!"

Need I say more?

Gill sucks

SpaceManSpiff
09-02-2004, 08:54 PM
wow, where did you dig this thing up. I like that big truck thing with the burning clown head on top, from Twisted Metal 2. :D

Vegetto
09-03-2004, 01:55 AM
bowser on yoshis island was AWESOME that was so freaky when he got close to you your like WOOOAHHH!

lavos was cool yes

and the Maximo final battle was scary as shiz!

why arent there any resident evil favs?

Sinful Sam
09-03-2004, 02:22 AM
wow, where did you dig this thing up.
Well I noticed a guest was looking at this thread on “who’s online.” I read it and decided to bring it back. It's not like I actually spend a lot time searching old threads with outdated information.
why arent there any resident evil favs?
Well I did enjoy RE 1 and 2 but they didn't really have a great last boss in my opinion.

SpaceManSpiff
09-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Heh, I figured it was Bemani that brought it back. :sweat:

Mainstreme Fan
09-03-2004, 04:59 AM
Sardious from Super GnG. hewas so damn giantic that you had to jumpon a flying disk to hit him. Then he had a face where his guts is.

Mohtools
09-03-2004, 06:50 AM
K.Rool from DK 2

Robo Halloween
09-03-2004, 07:16 AM
Gill sucks

How can you say that to a demi God that goes around stealing people's Bentley's!?

Icarus4578
09-03-2004, 09:16 AM
The Grand Master from Strider is an awesome last boss, even if he's a bit easy.

Loki, as VicViper and Joe Redifer pointed out, was another cool boss.

silvergun is so right--the final boss in Radiant Silvergun is BEYOND INSANE!!

Contra III and Axelay had killer last bosses (when played on Hard difficulty).

If you've ever played through Batman on NES then you know Joker was bad-ass!

Gill (SFIII) and Super Akuma (SFA2) are awesome. :D

The bosses in Space Harrier are so memorable. :)

Let's not forget Mizuki from Samurai Shodown 2 nor Dio from World Heroes 2.

I could sit here all day talking about bosses. If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Dark Force/Mother Brain in Phantasy Star II and IV. Oh, and Sega better bring the PSII remake for PS2 over stateside!

Nem
09-03-2004, 09:12 PM
The one that impressed me the most was Sephiroth from FF7, not that he was hard, but the first time he hits you with a supernova, where you get to see a small cutscene with the nova destroying all the planets in the solar system, you cant help but fear for your life while watching the whole thing unfolding :D
The same Sephiroth was also pretty scary in Kingdom Hearts, it was fun defeating him :bigsmile:

Drunken Savior
09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
I gotta agree with Nem on the Sephiroth issue. The booming music, the epic level of the battle, Supernova. Sephiroth pulled out all the stops. It's too bad Kefka didn't get hooked up with the perks of CD storage. He would have been badarse.

SavedFromSin
09-03-2004, 09:53 PM
The last bosses in FFX, Kingdom Hearts and Desgaea were pretty nuts, especially Desgaea.

Kojiro
09-04-2004, 06:33 AM
I liked Resident Evil Code Veronica's "girl coming down the stairs" boss (dont wanna spoil anything for anyone :bigsmile: )

I also liked Wolfgang Krauser on FF2 and, of Course, Geese. The music and epic feel of these battles really worked for me...

Bahamut on FFV- damn hard to beat!

Sephiroth- I believe everything is said about this one- the music, the build up, the summons... Such a shame that probalby anyone that played this game builded up to make ~this confrontation a bit easy...

I liked Tekken 2's Kazuya Final Fight, as well as tekken tags last boss- Very weak, but pretty impressive!

Oh, and, for a more classic note... Sonic CD's Metal Sonic! While not tough, It was fun and memorable!

Paper exe
09-04-2004, 07:59 AM
king dede from kirby
he was very scarey

bemanisuperstar
09-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Dio from World Heroes 2.

Gill sucks because Dio=Gill

j_factor
09-04-2004, 09:14 PM
I really liked Jet Grind Radio's unique showdown. And I'm not just saying that because of my avatar. It was a bit easy, granted, but fun and creative.

I also thought the final boss in EarthBound was genius.

bemanisuperstar
09-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I really liked Jet Grind Radio's unique showdown. And I'm not just saying that because of my avatar. It was a bit easy, granted, but fun and creative.

I also thought the final boss in EarthBound was genius.

Yeah Tag His head.

In JSRF it was differnt and if I recall hard as hell.

Cube was really really hot too.

kris1080
09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
not a final boss but definetly one of the hardest boos for any games ive played.

emerald weapon from final fantasy 7 1 million hp and the most you can do is 9999. he has attacks thatll kill you and your party in one hit.

Mistatee
09-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Ghaleon Lunar 1 Final Time
Or maybe God from Xenogears

garrffy
09-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Dracula from the orginal Castlevania on NES

Messanic
09-08-2004, 02:46 AM
This is gonna be a long list:

King Krool on DKC
Smithy and the Final Fantasy boss in Super Mario RPG
Sigma in MMX1-3
Omega form 1 and 2 and Zero in Rockman Zero 3
Lu Bu from Dyanasty Warriors
Nero from Melty Blood
Onslaught in MVC
Omega Rugal in KoF 98
Kain in Garou: MotW
Shadow the Ultimate Life Form in SA2
Ozma in FF9
Kefka in FF6
Death Heaven in BoF2
Mr. Big in Narc
Slick from River City Ransom
Chaos in FF1
Omni Zophar in Lunar 2
Doomsday Zone bosses in Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Final Lumina in Brave Fencer Musashi

sharky~
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Rameriz - Skies of Arcadea (im not sure why but I just really loved that fight)

Freeman
09-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Hmm
The coolest is definetly Sephiroth.
The most EVIL has definitly got to be Kefka! I mean the MF***er was PURE evil! Damn that guy!
The toughest boss personally, well I'm at a loss between Cackletta from Mario & Luigi and Geese in FF: Wild Ambition.