PDA

View Full Version : quick question regarding sprting out MP3s...

marwan
02-04-2004, 12:01 PM
when i open up my "MP3" folder and set the view to "Details" i seem to be able to change/rename the "Name" category but not the other fields(Artist, Album Title, Type...) and so on.

i need to organize my music before dumping them onto my iPod, so how can i change the other fields? :confused:

thanks!

Alucard
02-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Right click on the mp3 file and select Properties. Now at the top there should be a Summary tab. Click on that. If the details aren't there, just press the Advanced tab below.

marwan
02-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Right click on the mp3 file and select Properties. Now at the top there should be a Summary tab. Click on that. If the details aren't there, just press the Advanced tab below.

i tried that and it doesnt work. I can see all the categories in the "advanced" tab, but it wont let me edit anything.

Alucard
02-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Double click on one of the things, like for instance the track number.

Joe Redifer
02-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Do it in iTunes. Right click and select Get Info. Cycle amongst the tabs and you'll find what you need. You won't need to resave the file or anything.

marwan
02-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Joe Redifer
Do it in iTunes. Right click and select Get Info. Cycle amongst the tabs and you'll find what you need. You won't need to resave the file or anything.

yah i know i can change it from iTune, but in case in the future i format my PC, i will have the tracks organized, as opposed to the Library from iTune which would be wiped away.

Axe Wielding Nut
02-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by marwan
yah i know i can change it from iTune, but in case in the future i format my PC, i will have the tracks organized, as opposed to the Library from iTune which would be wiped away.

nail your dick to your chair, then use Winamp5 to change the ID3 tags of your mp3's

marwan
02-04-2004, 02:13 PM
but that's gonna hurt! :(

Drunken Savior
02-04-2004, 05:02 PM
*Wonders how Apple set up the PC version of iTunes, all his MP3 are in a single folder, perfectly organized, and tagged correctly.*

Dirty PC users.