PDA

View Full Version : Post here every time you get a PS game.

IHZer0
07-18-2002, 02:44 AM
Today I just bought Fatal Fury Wild Ambition. I got it for $20 at Funcoland, used. I heard it's supposed to be bad, but then I also heard it's not TOO bad.

Well, we'll see, since I haven't played it yet.

I was gonna get Klonoa also, but it turns out they didn't have it (or at least couldn't find it...grrr).

hootie17
07-18-2002, 10:55 PM
i got Threads of Fate and FFXII and it was Scratched>!
did not even wrk>!
ef u funcoland>!

Overlord
07-18-2002, 11:00 PM
hootie17:
did not even wrk>!
ef u funcoland>!

Do you mean FFVII?

I'm considering getting Arc the Lad collection next. I still have to pick up FFIX. And a couple of other RPG's that I've been interested in for a while.

IHZer0
07-19-2002, 02:29 AM
I got Threads of Fate, I think that game is awesome. I'm currently looking for Brave Fencer Musashi. You can return any used game up to 90 days of purchase with receipt if there's any problem.

About Arc the Lad Collection...

It's a Strat/RPG, very much like Shining Force, but not as good/fun. I haven't even beaten the first game, but it's supposed to last about 10 hours, while the second game is about 50, and the third is about 80. I say it's worth it, but the extra stuff you get in it is EXTREMELY worthless. If it was a calendar or music CD or some actual GOOD otaku, then it would be great. I can't guarantee you'll like the game, but I'll at least warn you...Arc the Lad looks like complete crap on my 32" Wega...much better on my PSone Screen.

hootie17
07-19-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Overlord

Do you mean FFVII?
I'm considering getting Arc the Lad collection next. I still have to pick up FFIX. And a couple of other RPG's that I've been interested in for a while.

YEs, i did mean FFVII, "my bad", i was also considering the Arc the lad collection, but i heard bad things about the 2nd or 3rd i forget, it was somthing liek "...disgrace to the arc the lad name..." or somthin liek that, but i kno all major game chains have their moments, look at that mega man soccer game for example.

OVERLORD, im not sure about how u felt about blitzball in FFX, but i personally hated it, mostly b/c the Card Game, Tetra Master, in FFIX was so incredibly amazing, i hated to see it leave, but u can tell square was trying to apeal (sp) to the masses, instead of the hardcore gamers, i myself spent at least 100hrs on the card game alone.

Overlord
07-19-2002, 05:32 AM
I'm really interested in the game. Not really a collector of collectors items though. Any news on a bone dry version? Just the game disks, manual dealy?

Blitzball could have been a lot more. The game had a 2D feel to it. Theres was no need for a big sphere. It would have been great if you could go all over the place. I agree about the FFVIII and FFIX games being better. I haven't played FFIX to an extend yet. So FFVIII is the best for me so far. The arena in FFX was the Hardcore part, not Blitzball.

hootie17
07-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Overlord

The arena in FFX was the Hardcore part, not Blitzball.

EXACTALLY>! the monster arena was the best part of FFX, they should have that in every FF>!

IHZer0
07-19-2002, 11:14 PM
I guess I'm the only one buying new/used games for my PS....

Just got King of Fighters 99 new, $9 at Circuit City...

Even though I have KoFEvo for DC. =P

Nighthunter
07-21-2002, 03:53 AM
FF8 had the best Leveling up system. Followed shortly by FFX.

FF6 still has best story in my opinion.

Nighthunter
07-21-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by hootie17

EXACTALLY>! the monster arena was the best part of FFX, they should have that in every FF>!

FF6 also had some sort of training facility: Colloseum

Kamui
07-22-2002, 02:22 PM
The last games i've buyed was Koudelka ( last week) and Xenogears ( May). I was about time that I find somewhere to buy Xenogears, it was driving me crazy......^_^. A rent store next to my house has FFtactics, Parasite eve, Breath of fire 3 and some more to sell. I think that I will pick FFT,PE and Resident evil 2.

Artfully Xtreme
07-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by hootie17
did not even wrk>!
ef u funcoland>!

Thread Of Fate is a great game- word! ;)

IHZer0
08-13-2002, 03:01 AM
Just got Brave Fencer Musashi used for $13. And it came with the FFVIII Demo Disc. Good Score, even though the case was beaten like crazy, and the front and back of the manual was torn off (but still in the case). Plus, the manual had a big crease right down the middle of the whole thing.

3car
08-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Hi-

Brand new and found at the bottom of a bargain bin Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.

They wanted $25 but I said $5 with the reason of such a low offer being I had to dig it up from the bottom of bin cart. The nice lady thought that was funny. Funny ha! Long way to the bottom of that cart!

what a steal!!! :D

IHZer0
08-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by 3car
Hi-

Brand new and found at the bottom of a bargain bin Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure.

They wanted $25 but I said $5 with the reason of such a low offer being I had to dig it up from the bottom of bin cart. The nice lady thought that was funny. Funny ha! Long way to the bottom of that cart!

what a steal!!! :D

So you paid 5 bucks? Wow.

Vicviper
08-21-2002, 05:54 PM
I just picked up Arc the Lad collection and have started playing through the first adventure. I must say that it's not to bad. I am really liking it. Pretty basic strategy/RPG . I do like the music and being the collector that I am the extras are nice even though I am not going to open them. WD has done a great job on the translation and the whole production.

IHZer0
08-24-2002, 10:37 PM
I just got Capcom VS SNK Pro yesterday, despite owning CvsS for DC. ;)

I actually enjoy it alot. I thought the game was gonna be utter trash, especially since I didn't what I had on DC...but I'm happy I'm liking it. I got it only because it had SNK-related stuff, truth be told. =P

If you guys like 2D fighters, you should definetly get it, it's only 20 bucks...unless of course you already have CvsS2, then I don't know. I STILL haven't picked CvsS2 yet...

Kamui
08-25-2002, 11:11 PM
I got Persona. It's a very good game with a bad translation, but I will end first to say anything more concrete. BTW, this is my post 50. Now is avatar time, baby.