PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy I & II finally come to PSone!

Rubeus
07-18-2002, 01:15 AM
I knew it would happen sooner or later! Square is probably inspired by the success of Enix's Dragon Quest remakes for PSone (which sold over 1 million copies) and decided to give it a chance on PSone.

I wish Square also brings all their Wonderswan Color games to PSone, like Front Mission, SaGa, Romancing Saga, Blue Wing Blitz, etc, becuase WSC would never come to here anyway.

:big smile

IHZer0
07-18-2002, 02:41 AM
Could I have the link please? Last time I heard, they weren't sure where it was coming out, but GBA and PSone seemed the most likely.

Edit:

Whoops. Nevermind, checked the Box. yay!

Rubeus
07-18-2002, 03:51 AM
A link? Try http://www.the-magicbox.com/game071702a.htm.

IHZer0
07-18-2002, 03:53 AM
I said nevermind. =P

Mike
07-18-2002, 06:49 AM
I was kinda hoping they were going to the gba. But the early FF's are some of my fav games so im considering getting a PSone from a pawn shop.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-18-2002, 01:42 PM
FFI and FFII would've been nice to have on the GBA...

But whant I really want on my GBA is FFIII

Would've made a lot of sense too...
Let's just hope they don't screw up the cinematics..

Pikachu
07-18-2002, 05:40 PM
If the games show up on GBA, Square has to chop off all the CG movies and extra goodies in the game.

To Mike: You don't need a PSone if you have a PS2, PS2 runs all PSone games anyway.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-18-2002, 05:59 PM
Not necessarily.. depends on the type, size, and quality (although quality does NOT have to be sacrifieced depending on what type or size of cinematics they go with)...

And they could always add-in other things instead of cinematics to make it worthwile..

Of course.. for some of us it would be worthwile even if they didn't add anything in...

Old skool..

:crying:

Black Sugar
07-18-2002, 09:44 PM
Was hoping for a GBA version.

Well, until they're still making FFT & CT on GBA i'm a happy guy.

Overlord
07-18-2002, 09:44 PM
What types of Video Codecs does the GBA actually have?

Quality would be sacrificed.

Overlord
07-18-2002, 09:48 PM
Black Bahamut:
Well, until they're still making FFT & CT on GBA i'm a happy guy.

Was CT ever officially confirmed? And they better tweak the hell out of FFT if it has Multi-player. 'Cause 9 out of 10 times, the person who goes first will win.

Black Sugar
07-18-2002, 09:50 PM
No comfirmation yet for CT on the GBA from Square Soft.

Still waiting, still dreaming.

Overlord
07-18-2002, 09:53 PM
Would you like Multi-Player in FFT? I think that it would be an awesome addition. The computer gets really easy after a while. But they will have to make some big changes.

...I really wish they announced more Chrono Break, then releasing info on Unlimited Saga. *sigh*

Black Sugar
07-18-2002, 10:01 PM
When I finished FFT for the fourth time, I was thinking about it a lot.

This would be so nice.

Chrono Break!

I only got one thing to say;

Put Akira Toyirama back as the main character designer.

Chrono Cross had one of the worst character design in Square history.

Overlord
07-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Akira Toriyama? Why stop there? Just bring back the whole Dream Team!

Make sure you read my rant on CC in my CT VS CC thread in debates. Good stuff.

I hope they release some new info soon.

hootie17
07-18-2002, 10:16 PM
for those of u who played FFI and FFII,

how was it>?

Overlord
07-18-2002, 10:20 PM
I tried to play these 2 (actually 3) via emulation. But there isn't any good NES emulators out there, IMO. So I will be buying these. These FF's are supposed to be harder then the rest. FFIII was pretty easy as far as I played though. FFI and FFII doesn't have auto-target. So you have to be carful. Auto-target starts in FFIII.

I think they all average 20-25 hours.

hootie17
07-19-2002, 11:42 PM
wha u mean by auto target.?.?./>?>?

Overlord
07-20-2002, 02:27 AM
You know how you pick a monster to attack, and then someone else kills it? Then your person will randomly pick someone else to attack. Thats auto-tartget. Thats if theres more thenone monster left.

hootie17
07-20-2002, 04:48 AM
oooooo i get it,
but wha happens if a pick an enemy to hit
and it dies before i hit it>?
in FFI and FFII, that is...
do i just not attack, or do i pick out another target>?

Overlord
07-20-2002, 04:51 AM
You miss. Pretty much.

IHZer0
07-20-2002, 05:42 AM
I played all the FFs on Famicom using NESticle (emulator). All of them were in english (II and III were fan translated).

FFI and III are more generic going around slaying stuff and whatever, and sorta more of a focus on classes and stuff (a la FFV), and FFII is more story centeric, without classes or anything. Where anyone can equip anything and do anything, but it's best if you have them concentrate on doing something specific. Basically, I look at it as FFV is basically II and III put together.

Er...anyways, I don't like II that much, it was TOO much freedom for me. I prefer III.

Rubeus
07-22-2002, 02:38 AM
I have tried the NES versions on emulator, I could not enjoy the games a bit because the graphics and the interface are too outdated.

I was waiting for a remake of FF 1-3 for a long time, now it's a good chance.

cartman414
07-25-2002, 04:50 PM
I could have sworn I heard from somewhere that FF I and II will be ports from the WSC remakes, which I'd find disappointing, because if they were ports in the same sense as FFIV-VI and CT, then this would probably mean longer loading times, and unenhanced music in this case, which was fine for the SNES games because you could hardly do any better there if at all possible, but I'd prefer something higher quality than the WSC tunes since the PSX wouldn't have any problems there. Most of all, though, I would have liked to see them alter the experience and gold values for the enemies as Enix did with the DQ/DW remixes to make the game more balanced and less demanding of enemy encounters to build up your characters, which wasn't done in the case of the FF1 WSC remake.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-08-2002, 06:41 AM
Great news! But it would also be awesome to have them on GBA as well, CT and all.

I totally agree with Overlord, get the whole Dream Team! All the original guys, hopefully they aren't too rusty on the old skills and are a bit up to date with the technology! :)

Akira Toriyama would please me even if the couldn't get all of the other guys.

Go Square! I want to work for them one day, if only they had a branch in New Zealand. An Engineering degree would have to then, I suppose...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Vash
08-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Amano = Best ... Artist ... Ever.

Pikachu
08-20-2002, 01:35 PM
Is this game still coming to US?

Penance
08-21-2002, 03:40 AM
Is this game still coming to US?

I don't think it was ever actually confimed for the US. I could be wrong though..