PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry demo released

Alucard
01-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Thats right. The thing is out which means the full game shouldn't be anymore then a month away at most. Problem is the demo is bloody 500 megs big. Heres the links to find them if anyones feeling sadistic!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/474/474017p1.html

Dead Account 01
01-21-2004, 04:45 PM
At one time 500 megs would be nothing...but then I switched to DSL. :o

discomfort wings
01-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Just tried it...its amazing...

Alucard
02-04-2004, 01:31 PM
Big news! Seems Crytech, people making Far Cry, have been using illegal software and police raided them. So not fair.. I wanted this game bad. Its heaps fun. Why can't Eidos get caught and slaughtered..

http://babel.altavista.com/translate.dyn?doit=done&lp=de_en&null=bn&bblType=url&url=http://www.pcgames.de/index.cfm?article_id=279405

Just click on the translate webpage button at the bottom. Its from a german site.

ATMA
02-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Damn..... :(

Edit: German developer Crytek, maker of the first-person shooter Far Cry for Ubisoft, has met with a little legal trouble, trade paper MCV reports today. This morning, police in the city of Coburg searched the developer's office and the home of its head after allegations of software piracy.

The raid, which involved local, regional, and national authorities, came after a former employer went to the police with the allegations.

After the raid, police reported that damages due to the illegal use of software at Crytek could amount in the six-digit range (their reckoning is in euros, not dollars, so any numbers would be about 20% lower than the dollar value in question).

Neither Crytek nor Ubisoft was willing to comment on the case, or how it might affect the development of Far Cry. We'll see whether the matter develops into a more significant problem over the next few weeks.

came after a former employer went to the police with the allegations.

From the inside....... ouch.
Time will tell how this will affect Far Cry.

marwan
02-04-2004, 02:51 PM
My computer started screwing up as soon as i ran the game, which lead into major problem and formating my PC twice! i dont know if i should give the demo another go.

Seska
02-04-2004, 10:37 PM
(their reckoning is in euros, not dollars, so any numbers would be about 20% lower than the dollar value in question)

Shouldnt that be that the number is 20% HIGHER than the dollar value in question? The Euro is stronger than the dollar ATM. ;)

Alucard
02-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Dont worry marwan, it wasn't the game that killed your system. I've seen it running on 3 seperate PCs at a friends place.

marwan
02-05-2004, 06:00 AM
maybe i should give it another go then.

btw, why am i not getting email reply notifications? i have the option enabled from my "options" and still no worky!

Magnus
02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by marwan
btw, why am i not getting email reply notifications? i have the option enabled from my "options" and still no worky!

I had that problem. Check to see if the emails are ending up in your Junk folder and if so add the email address to your safe list. Also, I'm pretty sure that when somebody replies using 'quick reply' it dosent send an email.

marwan
02-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Magnus
I had that problem. Check to see if the emails are ending up in your Junk folder and if so add the email address to your safe list. Also, I'm pretty sure that when somebody replies using 'quick reply' it dosent send an email.

there is nothing in my junk folder :(

SpaceManSpiff
02-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I still get emails from time to time, and I have the option turned off.