PDA

View Full Version : Franciases Xbox Needs To Win.

b0b
07-16-2002, 10:59 PM
They need to have MGS2:Substance that will sell a million more Xbox's, they need to get Reflections to put Driver 3 on Xbox now that GTA Is exclusive Driver's the next best thing, they need Virttua Fighter 4:Evo being as VF4 for PS2 is the fighting game of the year. They need Return to Castle Wolfenstein how can they port this to PS2 without porting it to the superior and easier to port to Xbox, Doom 3 would do things for Xbox, Quake 4 would do things, Counter Strike needs to get ported to Xbox being it's the most popular fps on the internet that could do alot for Xbox Live membership

DBJAY
07-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Doom 3 is a ways off even for the PC, so I wouldn't count on that happening soon.

MGS:Substance is coming to the Xbox, first.

I am not sure if MS can truly claim high profile franchises as exclusives because of their current, but improving, marketshare.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein has been mentioned for Xbox, so I would expect it in 03. The big fps this fall for Xbox really is Unreal C which is exlcusive.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-17-2002, 05:46 PM
They need to get a hold of Link or Mario- that'd move boxes

aneep
07-17-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by b0b
They need to have MGS2:Substance that will sell a million more Xbox's, they need to get Reflections to put Driver 3 on Xbox now that GTA Is exclusive Driver's the next best thing, they need Virttua Fighter 4:Evo being as VF4 for PS2 is the fighting game of the year. They need Return to Castle Wolfenstein how can they port this to PS2 without porting it to the superior and easier to port to Xbox, Doom 3 would do things for Xbox, Quake 4 would do things, Counter Strike needs to get ported to Xbox being it's the most popular fps on the internet that could do alot for Xbox Live membership

MGS: S is coming to xbox 1st, PS2/PC later (2003)

Driver 3 is multiplatform, read the lates press release

VF4:E is coming as far as i'm concerned, heh, i have my sources

RTCW is coming also, though with or without XboxLive support is the real question

Doom 3 might be, thought going from Carmack's comment it will be coming to the Xbox

Quake 4? no idea other than the OXM rumor about it

CS is coming to the Xbox with XboxLive support, its in the original XboxLIve press release

heh, other than VF4:E, all the other games that i said will come to the Xbox are confirmed by official press releases

-aneep-

Havoc2049
07-18-2002, 05:53 AM
MGS2: Substance and RTCW are on for this Fall. Isn't Virtua Fighter 4: Evo being done on the new Xbox arcade board?

aneep
07-18-2002, 08:02 AM
no VF4:Evo is still being developed on N2 arcade hw (Naomi2)

-aneep-

b0b
07-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Yes we know VF:Evo uses Naomi 2 that doesn't mean it can't be ported upwards to the Xbox which it should since it doesn't look like Tekken will ever make it, we need the best fighting game on the best hardware, Driver 3 is multiplatform I read the release today on ign.com , MGS:2 Substance needs to hurry up and sell Xboxs, Shenmue 2 is going to be the game of the year for me.

Black Sugar
07-19-2002, 04:45 PM
I completly aggree with you b0b. X-box need killer titles such as those you mention earlier.

As a inside note, I heard rumors around me that Microsoft are looking for more exclusive titles on games we are currently working on (Ubi Soft Montreal).
Don't ask me which game.... I can't tell.

to be cont'

Havoc2049
07-20-2002, 05:32 AM
Hmmm....What is Ubi Soft up to these days, besides Rayman and competing with Infogrames/Atari to see which French software company can buy the most American video game companies?:D

b0b
07-20-2002, 10:08 PM
screw getting link and mario with this current down trend in pc games Xbox needs to get Xbox live going and show how successful it is then the developers will start listening now, don't get me wrong for every major developer in 2 years time when the PS2's 4 megs of texture ram becomes the main bottleneck between them and having the best looking games, then they'll come to Xbox, there is no doubt the mainstream gamer is more impressed by pretty graphics then gameplay which if Xbox can add gameplay on top of it's graphics will lead to a natural succession of Xbox becoming in the mainstream gamers mind a machine with no equal.

Seska
07-21-2002, 12:39 AM
WHile I severely doubt that the xbox will become the mainstream gamer's console, a very good niche it has to exploit is Xbox Live. And by this I generally mean not only in the US, but in Japan and Europe especially, as there is little the Xbox has to offer in both this reagions currently, to make it into the success it needs to be.

If they pull it off properly in these regions, Xbox might get somewhere, if they pull of some half-assed attempt like the DC online content, then it is doomed for failure.

b0b
07-21-2002, 11:25 PM
"DCs half assed content" we'll it could just be me but I thought Sega did extremely we'll with it's attempts at online gaming through Visual Concepts and there sports brands, not to mention the game I wished I could of played Bomberman Online, these games we're plagued by all the pitfalls of 56k land , server hangups, 400+ pings , and your family picking up the phone, Penny Arcade has a funny strip about having to dedicate a phoneline to Dreamcast online play, anybody remember TEN, from the maker of Duke Nukem 3d, narrowband gaming with decent pings, what TEN was for DN3D Xbox Live will be for every online game on the Box, except now it's 2002 and it's a broadband online world, narrowband can not handle decent pings, shit even broadband on an open internet doesn't mean you'll get decent pings, I've seen my pings on the open internet go from 40-300, in a closed network where we're all allocated a SET amount of bandwidth to the server my ping would and will be optium not only that but they also give you dedicated bandwidth for the voice chating so it doesn't cut into your game ping, as for online content I'm a FPS fantatic as long as there's quality FPS to play on Xbox Live i'll be happy and from the looks of it (Halo Online, Brute Force, Unreal Championship, Timesplitters 2, Perfect Dark Zero <- it's coming believe me) looks like we're all going to be alot of happy LOW PING BASTARDS.

on to the topic subject, I severly hope Xbox landed exclusive rights to the long awaited DUKE NUKEM FOREVER.

Seska
07-21-2002, 11:39 PM
What I meant by segas half-assed atempt at providing an online envioronment was not the games itself. PSO, Quake 3, Chuchu, Ooga Booga and a few others along with virtual communities make fine software to base online gaming on, but as you said, the servers were laggy as hell, when they weren't buggy, or when they weren't down/couldn't connect.

Xbox boasts hooking everyone up through broadband, Ill believe it when I see it, and I still wonder how they will do that in Europe as not everyone here has broadband access yet.

aneep
07-22-2002, 11:35 PM
notice MS never mentioned when Europe will go online when they have given the tentative timeframe for US, JP and even Taiwan

hehe, i feel EU XBoxLIve will be along wait

-aneep-

b0b
07-24-2002, 08:57 PM
aneep it's all about who provides the bandwidth there, think about poor australia there going to end up waiting the longest, it doesn't make sense that a country physicaly closer to japan get's product 6-8 months later then us.

on another note here's a few more franciase's that will boost hardware sales

Serious Sam
Soul Calibur 2 (this has got to simply be the best looking version)
Shenmue 2 (VF Style fights in an RPG Adventure Format)
Return to Castlewolfenstein
The Lord Of The Rings (if it hits anywhere near the movie release bucketloads will be filled with this game)
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (it's as close to tomb raider as xbox gonna get apprently)
Duke Nukem Forever (there's a story on gamespot complete)