PDA

View Full Version : The Games of August.....wow.

DBJAY
07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Pretty heavy on the sports titles, which can be both good and bad depending on your tastes.

Here is a sampling of the sports games (that are rated highly in last years editions) that release between now and the end of August.

NCAA Football 2003 (EA), NFL Fever 2003 (MS), NCAA Football 2K3 (Sega), NFL Blitz 03, Madden 2003 (MS), and NFL 2k3 (Sega). Fever and 2K3 are supposed to support XBox Live, while Madden does not.

One the better extreme sports titles, Aggressive Inline, also makes it's Xbox debut in August.

The other notable titles releasing until the end of August are:
Crazy Taxi 3, Totaled, Gun Metal, Enclave, Fatal Frame, Buffy, Dead to Rights (exclusive window), Turol Evolution, and Commados 2: Men of Courage.

Not to shabby, plenty of options for the football fan.

Sesshoumaru
07-16-2002, 09:55 PM
indeed.
not to mention i LOVE me some Crazy Taxi.
I do so hope they have some more Offspring songs in there...:D

b0b
07-16-2002, 10:32 PM
Screw Madden, ever since E3 when they we're all proud of having online support for Sony, but not Xbox, are they on crack, the Xbox comes with the equipment for online play yet they get no support, thank god Sega isn't a bunch of lil girls like EA they have online support on every system and for every sportts title they have suck on that EA.

Dead To Rights is going to be the game since I don't like sports but thats ok :) I like Tennis 2k1 hope Tennis 2k3 makes it to Xbox Live

Havoc2049
07-18-2002, 05:43 AM
Dead to Rights looks just plain sick! I'm really getting psyched to play that game. Pre ordered DTR just yesterday. Check out the sick trailer on the DTR site. A little Namco love.

www.deadtorights.com (http://www.deadtorights.com)

aneep
07-20-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by b0b
Screw Madden, ever since E3 when they we're all proud of having online support for Sony, but not Xbox, are they on crack, the Xbox comes with the equipment for online play yet they get no support, thank god Sega isn't a bunch of lil girls like EA they have online support on every system and for every sportts title they have suck on that EA.

Dead To Rights is going to be the game since I don't like sports but thats ok :) I like Tennis 2k1 hope Tennis 2k3 makes it to Xbox Live

on the topic of EA

there's currently a petition going on about boycotting EA products
while i didn't sign it myself, i thought somebody should spread the word about it, so ppl who feel strongly about this can sign this petition

its here
http://www.petitiononline.com/BoycotEA/petition.html

957 signatures so far

make a new topic about this if u want

-aneep-

Jackal
07-21-2002, 03:44 PM
I'd get Gun Metal, Buffy and DTR. What's Enclave about?

b0b
07-21-2002, 11:11 PM
I'm not saying to boycott EA, I just dont respect them on there online stance, it's idiotic but sony paid them to do it, hopefully Visual Concepts will take advantage of there foolish mistake and engrave there brands even deeper into the hardcore sports gamers mind, why on earth would I buy a broadband adapter for PS2 when my hd touting graphics pimping ethernet ready Xbox is ready for the online play from day 1, at least Sega isn't picking sides and there just having uniform online play for all consoles, maybe those girls at EA aren't talented enough to hang with VC... we'll see

mxgame
08-12-2002, 01:19 PM
According to some of the magazines I have read , NFL2K3 looks,handles and responds better than Madden 2003 but does not offer as many options. Should be interesting.

Pause
08-28-2002, 01:30 AM
Here's the deal. EA is hosting their own Madden servers, not Sony. Microsoft won't allow EA to host their own servers for Xbox Live games, all servers have to be owned & run by Microsoft. EA didn't want to have MS having control of their game & all of their customers info. Microsoft pushed hard for Xbox Live Madden, but wouldn't budge on the server issue. Plus when EA was developing Madden, MS didn't have an exact timeframe for Xbox Live to launch. Since they couldn't agree, EA decided not to waste the R&D money this year on Xbox Live. Sony didn't pay EA to keep online strictly to PS2, they just had their network plans further along than MS did. The PS2 did launch a year before Xbox, and they've had more time to play around with networked machines. No conspiracy, just EA & MS not being able to agree.

Havoc2049
08-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Pause
Here's the deal. EA is hosting their own Madden servers, not Sony. Microsoft won't allow EA to host their own servers for Xbox Live games, all servers have to be owned & run by Microsoft. EA didn't want to have MS having control of their game & all of their customers info. Microsoft pushed hard for Xbox Live Madden, but wouldn't budge on the server issue. Plus when EA was developing Madden, MS didn't have an exact timeframe for Xbox Live to launch. Since they couldn't agree, EA decided not to waste the R&D money this year on Xbox Live. Sony didn't pay EA to keep online strictly to PS2, they just had their network plans further along than MS did. The PS2 did launch a year before Xbox, and they've had more time to play around with networked machines. No conspiracy, just EA & MS not being able to agree.

I think Microsoft wants to run everything through Xbox Live for security and quality reasons. I think Microsoft wants to make sure a FFXI fiasco doesn't happen with the Xbox. The timeframe thing is just a cop out by EA. NFL 2K3 and NFL Fever 2003 had enough time to support on-line play.

I think the main reason Xbox owners(maybe Gamecube), hate EA right now is because of cheap/lazy PS2 ports to our systems. EA ports just don't take advantage of the Xbox . It seems as if EA is just trying to make a quick buck on the Xbox and Gamecube.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 04:17 PM
Umm.. what do you consider ports if not a quick buck for the publisher/developer? Some of them may see it as a chance to fix the previous release.. or add in stuff... but I doubt most see it that way...

Havoc2049
08-29-2002, 01:14 PM
I like it when ports take advantage of the hardware. Silent Hill 2 for the Xbox is a great example. SH2 has slightly enhanced graphics and lighting effects and an extra playable character and few extra areas and items. Dead to Rights takes advantage of the Xbox hard drive and there are no load times. I know it requires some extra effort on the part of the developer, but I think gamers appreciate it.