PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Error!

SpaceManSpiff
01-02-2004, 06:10 PM
I keep getting this error that says this:

Windows must now shutdown because the remote procedure call (RPC) service has terminated unexpectedly. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM.

It counts down for 60 sec and then shuts down. What the hell does it mean and how do I fix it.:(

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 06:16 PM
http://8help.ohio-state.edu/1383.html

learn to google

SpaceManSpiff
01-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I sent the error report to MS, and it took me to a page with an update but the error always occurs before its done, as a matter of fact it just started while I was typing this. So you can see I had no time to google lol. aaah 20 sec till shutdown!!

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SpaceManSpiff
I sent the error report to MS, and it took me to a page with an update but the error always occurs before its done, as a matter of fact it just started while I was typing this. So you can see I had no time to google lol. aaah 20 sec till shutdown!!

download the patch dude

besides, it took me less than 3 seconds to google... google is really fast

spider-prime
01-02-2004, 07:05 PM
damn that blasterworm

at least you didn't get it when you got a new computer like I did, took me 6 hours to download the patch and install it and then get rid of the virus with the virus scanner

cause my computer kept shutting down on me and then it currupted most of my files on my computer and then I had to reformat again

you think that MS would release a new XP with the patch on the cds and on newly built computers, so no one would have to download the patch anymore

but Windows is coming out with their new OS codename Longhorn for right now, which I will upgrade to when it comes out, cause XP is good, but not as good as people say it is, if its that easy to hack on

SpaceManSpiff
01-02-2004, 07:22 PM
This is a new computer! I just put in the brand new hard drive yesterday! I d/l and installed all the windows updated and ran the virus detection thing. It even said I was blaster free, but for some reason the error keeps occuring and my system shuts down!!! :irked:

SpaceManSpiff
01-02-2004, 08:36 PM
hehe ive downloaded and installed this and that and so far no error after like 5 min, hopefully its gone hehehe.:sweat:

I dont get it though, I just got this computer running last night and I started installing my dsl stuff and during the middle of that the error happened, so I must have recieved the virus the second I got an internet connection!:yikes:

EDIT: NOOOOO!!! its doing it again!!! 30 sec!! guess ill have to re-format and who knows what else.:crying: :angry: :angry:

spider-prime
01-02-2004, 08:52 PM
no, just try and get every single windows update, it will go away

and don't forget to update your virusscanner, or it won't pick it up

SpaceManSpiff
01-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Ok, Ive installed every damn update there is, and it hasnt come up with the error for like 15 min. I think its gone. Thanksf or the help Carnivale and Spider-Prime.:cool guy:

Pilotwings
01-03-2004, 03:16 AM
i ran into this trouble before as well. my pc would shut down, go to a blue screen, stating an error has occurred, and window protection will reboot the mother fucker. god, i hate these stuff.

SpaceManSpiff
01-03-2004, 03:40 AM
So do you use a Motherboard with Serial components on it and thats why it went to a blue screen? Cuz thats what mine did too, and I couldnt fix it. Or did you have the blaster virus and thats why it did that?

Alucard
01-03-2004, 05:10 AM
When I got this, after my system rebooted my virus scanner found it during the boot process and killed it. Thats how good my scanner is!

SpaceManSpiff
01-03-2004, 06:25 PM
what do you use?

spider-prime
01-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I use Norton anti virus which is a good one

SpaceManSpiff
01-03-2004, 07:48 PM
AAAH the damn thing has started again!! Ive installed every damn update there is, and I ran that Symantec blast fix it thing, and it even said that the worm blaster was not found on my system!!!! Why me?:crying:

spider-prime
01-03-2004, 07:56 PM
it means that you have another worm on the computer

I had one called the welciha.worm before

it basically does the same thing

Alucard
01-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Norton is trashie. Spiff go here. Hopefully you're on DSL or something fast cause 56k wont help you. Go here and download the online scanning program and it'll update and then find whatever it is on your system. Best scanner EVER. Its the only one I actually bother to subscribe to. Found something years ago that 5 other scanners couldn't. Like I said, if you have dialup, this wont help you.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

SpaceManSpiff
01-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Ok, I did the scan and it found 2 viruses; BKDR NTRTKIT.A, and WORM RALEKA.A. Under scan result it says Non Cleanable. When I click on the the virus files, it takes me to links that give me instructions on how to get rid of each virus. It asks me to open task manager, and look for the virus there that the scan found. I opened task manager but cant find either virus. Is there some other name they would be under?
These are the links they send me too, that tell me how to get rid of the viruses.
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=BKDR_NTRTKIT.A

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_RALEKA.A

SpaceManSpiff
01-04-2004, 07:02 AM
Ok, I downloaded the 30 day free trial. I scanned and found 2 viruses and deleted them both. But that was when I only scanned program files. For some reason while scanning it tends to freeze up and I get the whole not responding thing. So I dont know if all the viruses are gone or not, Ill just have to wait and see if the error appears again. And how in the hell do you stop that little red window from opening again and again on the bottom right of the screen, its getting to be very annoying!!!

Alucard
01-04-2004, 12:57 PM
Told you. That scanner finds ALL! Now march yourself to the store and buy it so that its firewall can save you from getting these viruses in the future!

SpaceManSpiff
01-04-2004, 04:59 PM
umm not quite, I just got the error again, ill have to try and get a full scan done without it freezing. But seriously, how do you get rid of that little red window that pops up over and over again at the bottom right of the screen!!!!

spider-prime
01-04-2004, 05:54 PM
ok if you really want to fix this computer

since its new, I advise this

take it back and ask for a whole new one, cause like most places should have 1 year warrenty, cause you can't keep your windows, you get viruses galore, etc

but this time, install a anti virus scanner before you connect to the internet

SpaceManSpiff
01-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I put it together from seperate parts, so thats not possible. But I found out how to get rid of that red window alucard, and I finally got a whole scan done. It found one last virus and deleted it. Ill wait and see if everything is clean, and if it is Ill go see if I can find this at the store, and if not ill just buy it and download it. Thanks Alucard I owe you big time!!:cool guy:

Alucard
01-05-2004, 03:34 AM
I am your KING!

SpaceManSpiff
01-05-2004, 03:44 AM
Ya...well..um..the error is still happening... Im gonna have my brother look at it, and if he cant fix it then Im gonna see what itll cost to get it professionally fixed.

SpaceManSpiff
01-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Ok, I couldnt get rid of this damn virus so I re-formatted my HD. As soon as I started to install my dsl software I got the error again. I thought hmm, maybe its my HD. So I took out that HD and put in my old 40 Gb one. And before I even connected to the internet, (i didnt even have my phone jack plugged in!!) I got the error!! So I dont know what it is, Could the Virus maybe be somewhere in my motherboard??? Or what else could it be!!:???:

spider-prime
01-08-2004, 10:28 AM
I told you, install a anti virus before you put in the internet stuff

you get the virus as soon as you connect to the net

the blasterworm is the fastest spreading virus to date

thats why I wish MS would release a XP CD with new computers and retailers that already have the patch with it

SpaceManSpiff
01-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Thats what I was gonna do, but I got the error before I even connected to the internet, with a totally different Hard drive that was never infected. Ive had everything working before with no signs of a virus, the only new things in my system are the HD and I know its not that, and my motherboard. So could the virus somehow be on my motherboard?

spider-prime
01-08-2004, 08:16 PM
from what I've read, yes

theres some virus that affect your bios, and since bios don't get erased when reformatting, its best to ask a computer repair guy to try and help you with anything more, one that knows how to fix virus like that

cause I don't have any info other then what I know on that

SpaceManSpiff
01-08-2004, 09:09 PM
Well I guess Ill have to get it professionally done. Theres this place next to where I work who I get all my computer repairs and help from. Its just that they charge a $40 minimum and $60 an hour after that!!! Although for small jobs they just charge you like $20 or so.

spider-prime
01-08-2004, 09:47 PM
where I got my computer from, they give free repairs if you buy the computer from them, main reason I like going there

SpaceManSpiff
01-09-2004, 09:19 PM
I already told you, I didnt buy the computer whole. I bought every part seperate from like 4-5 different places.

Anyways, I think I got windows updates to work and I think the virus might actually be gone. I went to the computer shop today and they said it could be in my memory, but I really dont think its there now. So fingers crossed!!

And thanks for the help, everyone that posted I owe you guys alot!:clap:

spider-prime
01-10-2004, 12:16 PM
and thats why I say its good to buy a whole computer

Black Ace
01-14-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm not a tech savvy, but I've encountered a number of PC problems in the last few years, some of these were cause by failed components. But most of my problems was troubleshoot with just a fresh HD re-formatting. Now I found Quick restore comes quite handy. Glad to see your problems are straightened out. It was a migraine when I first got a PC. ;)

Drunken Savior
01-14-2004, 12:38 AM
What is this anti virus software you talk of?

(Just kidding!)