PDA

View Full Version : iPod acting funny!


marwan
01-02-2004, 04:41 AM
first of all, whatys a good progy to use with iPod? i hear iTune for windows doesnt work very well.

second, everytime i plug my ipod to USB2.0 my PC freezes till i uplug the wire then everything resumes normal. anyone knows why thats happening? :confused:

Alucard
01-02-2004, 05:37 AM
Try updating your USB drivers from your motherboard makers site. Maybe thats the problem.

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 06:25 AM
try buying a new mp3 player, one that isn't overpriced, and a piece of ****

like the Nomad Zen Xtra 40 or 60 gig mp3 player

that is all

marwan
01-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Try updating your USB drivers from your motherboard makers site. Maybe thats the problem.


i got it to work, the older USB 2.0 PCI card i had wasnt working properly for some reason, i got a new one and it works fine.

marwan
01-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Carniv?le
try buying a new mp3 player, one that isn't overpriced, and a piece of ****

like the Nomad Zen Xtra 40 or 60 gig mp3 player

that is all


http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6490_7-0.html?tag=pageNav&orderby=&qt=&id=30571470&id=30533917&x=43&y=14


no thanks!

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by marwan the 2nd
http://reviews.cnet.com/4504-6490_7-0.html?tag=pageNav&orderby=&qt=&id=30571470&id=30533917&x=43&y=14


no thanks!

lol did you actually see the full specs of both

the specs show that the Zen is not only much cheaper per gb, but also sports better audio quality, and the lithium ion battery is removable so you can replace it yourself. not to mention the fact that the ipod is famous for not having as long batter life per charge (that means how many hours it plays, its also known to dwindle as time goes by) and the Zen is recorded to have longer hours at any point in its span

so lol.. how exactly is the ipod better? because of the interface? or maybe all of those spiffy peripherals? of the fact that its 1 oz. lighter yet doesn't sound quite as good, and doesn't last quite as long, and costs way more for less? i did my research bro... the Zen tops it.. i wouldn't have purchased one if I thought like you did, in terms of Music Quality, Storage Space, and Length of Battery life, Zen wins in ALL 3 categories over the pod, so really... what are we argueing about? which player is best in the fields that really don't matter when it comes to portable audio?

popularity makes ipod look better than what it really, but in reality, it lost its sparkle, sorry to disappoint you

Seska
01-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Bah mp3 players, bah Zen, bah iPod. Sony Net MD all the way, baby!

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Seska
Bah mp3 players, bah Zen, bah iPod. Sony Net MD all the way, baby!

i had a minidisc player once too... a little old but reliable none the less, problem is compared to an mp3 player dude, its obsolete technology man... you know what its like to have gigs and gigs worth of music at your disposal?

its great for trips and just having that kind of variety to listen to whatever you want whenever you want

NEO-GEO
01-02-2004, 04:05 PM
I recently got an iPod and I am very very happy with it, The iPod has some weri problems with USB 2.0. That's why I use firewire. I am very happy with this Peice of Art. Really the iPod is not just an MP3 player it's a peice of art. And it will get you laid :cool guy:.

Go here, www.ipodlounge.com . Ask your question there, they are LOTS of help.

Ash
01-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Doesn't the iPod battery only last 18 months though? And it costs some really stupid amount to replace it?

Axe Wielding Nut
01-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ash
Doesn't the iPod battery only last 18 months though? And it costs some really stupid amount to replace it?

the ipod battery in terms of battery life, lasts around the same as most, but per charge? thats a whole different story

and yes the battery is irreplaceable, you need to have it sent in order to get it replaced, and it used to be very expensive, but they recently changed it, i believe

Originally posted by gaia
. I am very happy with this Peice of Art. Really the iPod is not just an MP3 player it's a peice of art. And it will get you laid :cool guy:.

sorry to burst your bubble, but its an audio player first... and in terms of an audio player, it is inferior

altho i will agree with you, it looks nice, and the interface is nice too, but does that really excuse its inferiority as an mp3 player and its price considering?

discomfort wings
01-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I agreed. Irreplaceable battery just makes me sad. Ipod is way too expensive, and Lower battery life than others. But I still own a 15gig one. If i have a choice to rethink my decision, I'll still go with an ipod. The design is just perfect. And it makes you feel that you get what you paid for. It also works flawlessly with my G5.

I think indepent stores are starting to offer a replacement of battery for a smaller charge.

NEO-GEO
01-02-2004, 10:56 PM
The iPod battery is not irrplaceable, You can do it yourself (just pop off the back, and put in the $50 BATTERY (www.ipodbattery.com) and you can find out all about it (Carnivale!) right here www.ipodlounge.com.
Plus normal Lithium-ion batterys only last 18 months.

Know, before you talk trash. :cool guy:

Alucard
01-03-2004, 05:06 AM
bah mp3 players. Spend your money on osmething better!

Axe Wielding Nut
01-03-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by gaia
The iPod battery is not irrplaceable, You can do it yourself (just pop off the back, and put in the $50 BATTERY (www.ipodbattery.com) and you can find out all about it (Carnivale!) right here www.ipodlounge.com.
Plus normal Lithium-ion batterys only last 18 months.

Know, before you talk trash. :cool guy:

the ipod has no screws and no openable parts, when you attempt you replace it yourself you put your ipod at risk, there is a reason they have a service designed to have the battery replaced for you

first off it isn't easy, 2nd off it isn't practical, it was never designed to be replaced and it shows (by that token anything can be replaced if you are willing to tear it apart and change it up)

you want to know the difference between a REAL replacable battery and an ipods irreplaceable battery? check out the Zen Xtra, obviously if you knew half of what you were talking about, you'd know i wasn't talking trash

oh and I know, because i've had both before I chose the one I would own (as a birthday present i tried both the ipod and the zen by returning the pod for the zen in circut city, and being given the option to return the zen if I liked the pod more, I never returned it), in this field, I know everything I need to know, gaia.. obviously, you only know enough to defend your side, hence you couldn't possibly know the advantages of a Zen Xtra..

Seska
01-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Carniv?le
i had a minidisc player once too... a little old but reliable none the less, problem is compared to an mp3 player dude, its obsolete technology man... you know what its like to have gigs and gigs worth of music at your disposal?

its great for trips and just having that kind of variety to listen to whatever you want whenever you want

Thats why I'm talking about NET MD and not just MD. :p You hook up your Net MD recorder to your PC via USB and just dump your MP3s into your Minidisc. At high audio quality you can stick in about 2 hours worth on each MD, and considering the dirt cheap price of recordable MDs (a buck each MD) and the Net MD recorder itself (about 60), it really IS the best price/quality option.

I'll never understand why the format never hit off in the west, its huge in Japan. And I love my MD. :D

Axe Wielding Nut
01-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Seska
Thats why I'm talking about NET MD and not just MD. :p You hook up your Net MD recorder to your PC via USB and just dump your MP3s into your Minidisc. At high audio quality you can stick in about 2 hours worth on each MD, and considering the dirt cheap price of recordable MDs (a buck each MD) and the Net MD recorder itself (about 60), it really IS the best price/quality option.

I'll never understand why the format never hit off in the west, its huge in Japan. And I love my MD. :D

the discs, from what i've seen here, totally wrecks the purpose of portable audio... thats like changing a CD... hell if I wanted more than 2 hours worth of music switching it up, i'd still use my IRiver Mp3 CD player which is thin as all hell...

through my music listening escapades i went through a minidisc player, which served me well... until i grabbed a Mp3 CD player which i fell in love with, but once i saw how much i could store with an mp3 player, i really wanted one, and when I tried both the pod, which looked nicer and had a more practical interface, and then the Zen, which had much clearler and sharper audio quality, and lasted longer between charges (not to mention the price) then I just had to keep the Zen, the interface was good enough for me to use on handed in the subway, and good enough to take anywhere (I really manhandle my hardware, and the Zen was durable enough to stick with me)

thats why I picked up a mp3 player, that being said, the minidisc actually had incredibly sharp audio considering (not quite as nice as the Zen but better than the Mp3 CD player)

Drunken Savior
01-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Screw splitting hairs. I love my new iPod and look forward to placing it in my shirt pocket to record lectures as I sleep through my future 8am classes.

Anything beats my old CD player I bought after I saw American Beauty the first time in theatres.

link84
01-06-2004, 06:01 PM
psh you silly people with your mp3 players i just use my palm a brand new T2 with 256 memory card

marwan
01-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by link84
psh you silly people with your mp3 players i just use my palm a brand new T2 with 256 memory card


Link84, we need some more of your sexy posting on this board! http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/lynx/pinkkiss.gif

link84
01-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by marwan
Link84, we need some more of your sexy posting on this board! http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/lynx/pinkkiss.gif lol yea

marwan
01-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by link84
lol yea



a dash of cutness is also recommended!





i love you, http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/lynx/pinkkiss.gif

Alucard
01-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Ok get a room you two.