PDA

View Full Version : Sony DRU-510A for $138.00.. good buy?

Axe Wielding Nut
12-31-2003, 06:28 AM
im looking for quality here... not price.. but I found that which Cnet said was the standard right now, for 138 bucks on a yahoo certified site.. so I just wanted to know if that was a good DVD burner... and which DVD burners are better out there

Alucard
12-31-2003, 08:42 AM
No. Dont buy Sony burners. Why must people think Sony is the best at everything? Its a well known fact that Pioneer make the best burners. Then I'd say Plextor. You should go for the Pioneer 106 or A06. They're the same but the AO6 is the software bundle. 106 is the OEM version. If they have a new burner out thats faster then 4x then go for that. Last I saw they didn't but plextor did.

Axe Wielding Nut
12-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
No. Dont buy Sony burners. Why must people think Sony is the best at everything? Its a well known fact that Pioneer make the best burners. Then I'd say Plextor. You should go for the Pioneer 106 or A06. They're the same but the AO6 is the software bundle. 106 is the OEM version. If they have a new burner out thats faster then 4x then go for that. Last I saw they didn't but plextor did.

see thats why I asked, because its not because i thought sony was the best in it, but because I read the cnet review which suggested that this burner was setting a standard.. so i ask

I think i saw a plextor one, but i'll have to look into that more... I don't really care for software bundles either... if I wanted software i'd pirate it

Alucard
12-31-2003, 01:03 PM
I know what you mean, I was more refering to the n00bs who bought the Sony and go out and hype it up, mainly because they paid money for it. Pioneer is the only way to go.