PDA

View Full Version : Old PC game classics

Alucard
12-29-2003, 05:19 AM
This is either a memory recall for some of you or a very cool find for others. I was cleaning out my bookmarks cause I had way too much crap saved over the last 6 or so years, and found this gem again. Basically every awesome game you can remember liek Beneath a Steel Sky, the old rpgs like Ultima/Bards Tale etc, and other gorgeous games like Loom and Captain blood, they're all here. Some games obviously will only work in dos mode. Theres ways to make them work, I just dont know how. Anyway heres the link. Awesome place thats been around for ages. If you can spare a slight donation for the place, dont be shy. Its one of those sites that deserves to never go down.

http://www.the-underdogs.org

Nindalf
12-29-2003, 08:54 AM
I downloaded Discworld 1 there months ago, good site back then, but last week I spend 2 hours or so downloading Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth, and the damn thing wouldn't work! We hates them!

hgblob
12-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Speaking of old games, I was going through a store room full of ancient junk and I found a box of 5.14" diskettes with games like Old Ironsides, Dig Dug, Taipan, Escape From Rungistan, Test Drive, Champions of Krynn, Starflight 2... Aaaugh. If only I had a working 5.14" drive, I could check the disks and see if there's anything left to salvage.

Then I stumbled onto my slightly newer caches of games: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, Space Quest 1-3, King's Quest 3, Flashback, Rise of the Triads, Privateer 1-2, Doom, Castle Wolfenstein, and The Riddle of Master Lu to name some.

Alucard
12-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Flashback!! I was just screwing with that from the place. They got it for download. aaaah such memories..

ATMA
12-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Still got Flightsim 95, 98 and a bunch of add ons for them.

spider-prime
12-29-2003, 11:07 PM
I own flashback on my SNES, AWESOME GAME
to bad the 2nd game wasn't so hot :) but it was still fun

fade to black

Magnus
12-30-2003, 03:31 AM
Abandon Loader http://www.angelfire.com/realm/zeroone/
VDM Sound http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/

I dont know how they work though they are supposed to get old games running under newer Windows OS.

Nindalf
12-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
Flashback!! I was just screwing with that from the place. They got it for download. aaaah such memories..

Are you having a flashback or is "Flashback" a game of some sort?

Olm52
12-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by S?r Ninglor
Are you having a flashback or is "Flashback" a game of some sort?

Please tell me youre joking and resore my faith in humanity.

Incidentally Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is my favorite classic.

Alucard
12-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Well Nin wouldn't have been reading yet when these games were out. Most people dont even know the games from the 80s and very very early 90's!

Nindalf
12-30-2003, 12:57 PM
I played games in very very early 90's you punk! It's just that I'm a complete retards with computers, so I can't get all the old games to work, just like Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth, I downloaded it again, still dosn't work! I just can't get them to work! Freddy Pharkas, that's another one, I used to play it, but now I have no idea how to get it work, no matter how much I screw around in the DOS.

...That baby bottle looks like sh!t.

spider-prime
12-30-2003, 01:24 PM
sweeett they have the old spidey games I lost :)

<---- loves the questphobe Spidey game

after digging around my basement, I found my old COMMADORE 64 STILL WORKING TOO!

now I just have to find some discs for it :D then I can play my old godzilla game for it, that was a awesome game

the C64 had awesome games for it :)

Alucard
12-30-2003, 02:27 PM
C64 owned everything. I still got mine too. Wish some of my collection had been emulated. Only reason I still keep the console.

spider-prime
12-31-2003, 11:32 AM
while also digging for the disks, I found some really old Colecovision carts hehe, I found Smurfs, Monitzuma's revenge, Buck Rogers and another one, I forget its name hehe

Alucard
12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
If you dont have that jumping jack flash game, I will spear you through the head!

Axe Wielding Nut
12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
its all about kings quest... man... I still remember breaking my skull over that troll riddle Rumplestilskin.. or what not

hell that game is older than Alucards crusty vagina.. thats a classic if i ever saw one

Alucard
01-01-2004, 01:32 AM
Say no bad things about my crusty vagina!