PDA

View Full Version : what happen to Nuon???

Anoesis
07-13-2002, 04:55 AM
I don't see dvd players with nuon technolgy anymore and i never saw any games for nuon any where whats the deal?

hootie17
07-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Anoesis

I don't see dvd players with nuon technolgy anymore and i never saw any games for nuon any where whats the deal?

what is this Muon tech u speak of>?

WINDJAMMERS
07-13-2002, 05:36 PM
I think Nuon is/was a failed system with a open-source coding plan. With this anyone anyone could make and trade games. They still sell them on the internet and I hear they have some great games.

PS. They double as DVD Players. If any one is still interested I can find out some more info.

dog$
07-13-2002, 06:28 PM
VMLabs fired Jeff Minter for crying out loud.... the Nuon was dead before it came out, I don't think anyone really thought otherwise.

Beyond Tempest 3000 there's no reason to even talk about the thing...

admin
07-15-2002, 04:28 PM
The Nuon project was canceled a long time ago before Xbox came out. They knew Nuon could not compete with Microsoft in any way.

dog$
07-15-2002, 06:27 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Technically the Nuon still isn't "cancelled" today, and the withdrawl of Nuon products wasn't because of Microsoft alone. Or are you confusing this with the Linux Indrema device?

Kid0_oIcarus
07-18-2002, 01:53 PM

yes?

I always just though people realized that playing games with a DVD remote just wasn't going to cut it..

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 07:28 AM
man, i really miss that guy :crying: , we like went to 1st grade together.

man, i know how you all must feel, it really hit us all real hard. :crying:

NUON, MAY YOU REST IN PIECE...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil