PDA

View Full Version : Best Selling US PC Games

Alucard
12-18-2003, 06:54 AM
God knows whats with this freakish list. Who the hell is buying barbie anyway. On another note, its good to see it only took a month to get Halo out of the top 10. Just goes to show its a sub standard game! Meanwhile Call of Duty is still hammering away!

1) The Sims: Makin' Magic - Electronic Arts - $32
2) Call Of Duty - Activision - $46
3) The Sims Double Deluxe - Electronic Arts - $41
4) Zoo Tycoon: The Complete Collection - Microsoft - $29
5) Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Century Of Flight - Microsoft - $48
6) Age Of Mythology - Microsoft - $34
7) Barbie Horse Adventures: Mystery Ride - Vivendi Universal Publishing - $29
8) The Sims: Superstar Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts - $27
9) Uru: Ages Beyond Myst - Ubisoft - $49
10) Finding Nemo: Nemo's Underwater World Of Fun - THQ Inc - $19

Kid0_oIcarus
12-18-2003, 08:46 AM
But.. where did Halo go!?

Muwahahaha - straight to the trash bin, where it should've been released to begin with! Hahahahaha

Anyway, I really don't like any of the games on there... hmm.. maybe I need to buy something for my PC.. last thing I bought was the NWN:Hordes of The Underdark expansion...

Reality
12-18-2003, 10:59 AM
I hear good things about Call Of Duty. Can't ait till I have a PC strong enough to run it.

Nindalf
12-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Only 3 Sims games!! SIMS D00M3D!!11!111!111!!!!1

Havoc2049
12-22-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
God knows whats with this freakish list. Who the hell is buying barbie anyway. On another note, its good to see it only took a month to get Halo out of the top 10.

Halo came out on 10/2/03, not one month ago. Halo was number one at one time and spent seven weeks in the top 10. Microsoft and Bungie made a nice chunk of change on Halo for the PC. Most PC game developers would kill to have the kind of success that Halo has enjoyed on the PC. I would put money down that Halo for the PC has sold more than all the Tribes games and expansion packs combined.

Alucard
12-22-2003, 07:12 AM
The sales Microsoft had on Halo for the PC is anythiing BUT because of the quality of the game. Its a sub par FPS game that sold on hype. The PC port is sad and jerks all over the place, despite how powerful your system is. Thats called pathetic porting. My whole mocking of the game is mainly because alot of people said it would dominate the charts. Ofcourse quite a few games stay in the top 10 for a month or two, mainly because not many games come out too frequently that are worth buying. However if you compare Call of Duty, a game that came out roughly at the same time, give or take a week or so, and it looks pretty poor for Halo, a game that destroyed XBox console sales. A game coming from that sort of sales should NOT do badly in the PC market. However as said before, theres better FPS games to be found in the PC section.

I have no idea how many copies of Tribes were sold. Its a bit harsh to compare the two because one is a single player and multiplayer game, while the other is mainly a multiplayer game. Therefore it'll do slightly different in sales. But I can garuntee you one thing. Theres a larger online community out there for the PC for Tribes then Halo will ever have. Specifically over time wise.