PDA

View Full Version : No M$ first party titles till next year!

Alucard
07-11-2002, 07:37 PM
Basically as the title says. Looks like they are delaying their released for whatever reason. Or it could be homage to Nintendo.

Rubeus
07-12-2002, 04:29 PM
At least Microsoft could've bring an Xbox version of the MS Flight Simulator, or even the MS Arcade Classics.

HFIL
07-12-2002, 06:17 PM
No I think mech assult is still set for this year...
and they have Brute force coming out.. but I think that its second party...

DBJAY
07-12-2002, 11:51 PM
There is still the following titles, under the name MS Game Studios from Xbox.com website.

Blinx: Time Sweeper
Brute Force
MechAssault
NBA Inside Drive 2003
NFL Fever 2003
Quantum Redshift
Whacked

The delayed until 03 titles are Crimson Skies, Midtown Madness 3, and Kung Foo Chaos.

Havoc2049
07-13-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
Basically as the title says. Looks like they are delaying their released for whatever reason. Or it could be homage to Nintendo.

Ahhh....too bad your wrong. Get your facts strait before you post more wrong info. As someone else has already punked you out, only three titles were delayed. Microsoft will still have more first party games than Nintendo this fall.:crazy: Microsoft needs to space out all these great games, kinda like when a movie studio decides to postpone the release of a movie because the old release date coincides with the release of another blockbuster. Space out the releases to maximize profits. Microsoft just had too many great games being released at the same time, not to mention all the great 3rd party games being released this fall.
Nintendo doesn't have this problem, they only release like 2 or 3 great games a year. We all know about how Nintendo has burned way too many bridges over the years in their relationships with 3rd party companies, that is why Nintendo gets very little 3rd party love these days. The Xbox selling better than the Gamecube and Nintendo's lack of 3rd party support are just some of the reasons Nintendo is thinking about calling it quits in the home console market and concentrating on games.:big smile

Havoc2049
07-13-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by HFIL
No I think mech assult is still set for this year...
and they have Brute force coming out.. but I think that its second party...

Brute Force is a first party game. Microsoft owns the company developing the game. I think the name of the company is Digital Anvil, but I could be wrong. Microsoft bought out the Roberts brothers like four or five years ago, like they bought out Bungie(Halo), Sub Logic(Microsoft Flight Simulator), Access(Links Golf) and a bunch of other game companies over the years. Brute Force is being developed by some of the same people who made the Wing Commander series(Origon/EA), Star Lancer(Microsoft) and Freespace(Microsoft).

Alucard
07-13-2002, 12:18 PM
doh. My bad. Must have been late in the day when I posted it.

Microsoft has announced that a few Xbox games have been pushed back from their original release dates. Crimson Skies will now be released in Q2 2003, while both Midtown Madness 3 and Kung Fu Chaos will see a release early in 2003. Several high-profile games are still scheduled for release this year, including Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Brute Force, MechAssault, Quantum Redshift, and Shenmue II.

Thats basically what I read from Gamespot.. ANYWAY! As for calling me out Atari dude, you and me outside now in the parking lot punk. Lets go!

Havoc2049
07-15-2002, 05:50 AM
LOL...Sorry to punk you out there, nothing personal there Mr. Alucard, Mr. Senior member, sir.:)

Alucard
07-15-2002, 08:53 AM
hahaha. Senior member. Senior n00b more like it. :D

Kid0_oIcarus
07-15-2002, 04:30 PM
I get tired of peeps saying the xbox is still selling more than the GC here in the US... tell me.. where do you get your info from??

Abroad the GC is outselling the 'box.. but I can't fin anywhere confirming or denying the selling rate for consoles here...

All we got to go by is top 20 or so best selling games.. and xbox isn't always there....

Hmm...

Discuss.

Alucard
07-15-2002, 04:34 PM
I can't remember what the number was, but XBox was doing better recently then GC. Though its not worth looking at right now with both consoles still being new. Check back after when the consoles are a year old and more games have come out for it.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah.. well recently can mean yesterday to never!

Well.. maybe not "never" but a quite a bit of time ago.. obviously not that long, hence the recently part..

I need numbers people.. so I will believe. Even if it is one console more a week.. I need to see it..

And don't just pe putting numbers down either. I know what some of you are like! Hmph! :irked"

:rolleyes:

Havoc2049
07-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
I get tired of peeps saying the xbox is still selling more than the GC here in the US... tell me.. where do you get your info from??

Abroad the GC is outselling the 'box.. but I can't fin anywhere confirming or denying the selling rate for consoles here...

All we got to go by is top 20 or so best selling games.. and xbox isn't always there....

Hmm...

Discuss.

According to NPD(a company that tracks sales of consumer goods here in the US), the Xbox outsold the Gamecube better than 2 to 1 for the month of May.

United States NPD Sales charts for May:

PS2: 510,000
GBA: 313,000
Xbox: 226,000
GameCube: 111,000

BOTH the Xbox and Gamecube are sucking wind in Japan, where the PS2 is king. The Xbox has a larger user base than the Gamecube in both Europe and Australia. The Xbox sold better than the Gamecube at launch in the US and has sold better than the Cube almost every single month since, but just barely. The Xbox would sell like 125,000 units, while the Cube would sell like 120,000. May is the first month that the Xbox has really pulled ahead of the Cube and left it in the dust. If you break it down by genre, the Xbox beats the Cube in almost every single category except survival horror and I think consumers are starting to see that and it is translating into sales. Sony and Microsoft are also spending the bucks to lock up 3rd party exclusives and consumers are seeing this and buying the PS2 and Xbox over the Cube. Nintendo should have never went with carts with the N64, they lost too much 3rd party support and they have never recovered and they don?t have the super deep pockets that Microsoft and Sony have to buy 3rd party love.

Back to more Morrowind, on the better selling Xbox :big smile

aneep
07-15-2002, 11:10 PM
an xbox fan here

but although Xbox is selling a bit ahed of GC in US and AU(stralia)
it is a bit behind GC in EU (latest ELSPA numbers), and whole lot farther behind in JP

no sugarcoating it, don't buy the Xbox if u can't live without JP games

thankfully i'm not one of those, so i can survive with an Xbox

3rd party support, depends on what region u are looking at, GC still have more JP 3rd party support than the Xbox, but the Xbox definitely got more support from western devs

and MS still got a truckload of 1st and 2nd party titles coming out this year, with a whole lot more under its sleeve (unannounced yet)

i wish they will contract more JP devs though, its kinda sad seeing Xbox sales in JP, software and hardware wise

-aneep-

b0b
07-16-2002, 09:28 AM
If Nintendo got out of the hardware business and into the software only business they'd take away Segas ability to become the number 1 software developer in the world.

b0b
07-16-2002, 09:32 AM
I dont care how many units PS2 sells it's hardware is inferior to GC & Xbox while Xbox is the best piece of tech this will become extreme apprent when in four years when Xbox & Cube are ass stomping the living hell out of PS2 in graphical detail.

Seska
07-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Um, get your sight checked and buy some glasses. Xbox and Cube already ARE far better graphically than anything the PS2 has to offer.

But, technical supremacy never has anything to do with success, as the PSX thrashing N64 and DC sadly proved. 4 years from now We will see Xbox 2 and PS3, when we can all start ranting again about whcih console is the "best". I just get the one with the games I like best.

Blah. Raar.

aneep
07-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Seska
Um, get your sight checked and buy some glasses. Xbox and Cube already ARE far better graphically than anything the PS2 has to offer.

But, technical supremacy never has anything to do with success, as the PSX thrashing N64 and DC sadly proved. 4 years from now We will see Xbox 2 and PS3, when we can all start ranting again about whcih console is the "best". I just get the one with the games I like best.

Blah. Raar.

listen to Seska here, its the games, not the consoles

-aneep-