PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden delayed until 2004?

deftoned
11-25-2003, 11:50 PM
I hope not! Although I'll have some money for either Crimson Skies or Prince of Persia, I really wanted this game. Thoughts? Comments?

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/442/442190p1.html

November 25, 2003 - Though an official announcement has yet to be made, the 'Net is swarming with rumors that Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo's highly anticipated holiday game, will not make its mid-December ship date. Instead, the game is said to come out February of next year.

Is there any truth to this rumor? Well, it's hard to say for sure. Rumors that the game would be delayed have come and gone many times over, thanks in no small part to Team Ninja's strict control over keeping the game a mystery; only a few weeks before the game's scheduled release, the public - and even the press - have seen very little of the game. But amid the rumors, we've also heard from inside sources that the game has in fact been delayed until February.
We went straight to Tecmo to get an official comment but all we got was a predictable "no comment," though the company did tell us that they would make an official announcement very shortly regarding the matter.

Again, it's tough to say what's really going on here. We've also heard from inside sources that Microsoft offered Tecmo a nice bonus, as well as some marketing dollars, if the game made it out for the holiday season - a nice offer, for sure. Then again, Itagaki himself said that the game was only 60% complete when we played it at the Tokyo Game Show less than two months ago.

Our intuition (and sources) tells us that the game won't make it out in December. That means almost every big holiday Xbox title has been pushed back to 2004. But is this delay such a bad thing? Not really. Not only will the game be better, but there are more than enough quality games to play in the coming months, including Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six 3, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Project Gotham Racing 2, and Crimson Skies.

We'll have more on Ninja Gaiden as it happens.

-- IGN Xbox

Rubeus
11-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Maybe they should release a playable demo before the year end. Just like the Prologue version of GT4.

Reality
11-26-2003, 12:42 AM
Or maybe the game is so bad, they want no one to play. EVEN IF THAT MEANS DELAYING IT, FOREVER!

Axe Wielding Nut
11-26-2003, 12:58 AM
man this really sucks! :too mad: I was really looking foward to this game too.......

garrffy
11-26-2003, 01:17 AM
May not be a totally bad thing although I was expecting it around Dec 15. Last thing I want is another Tomber Raider Angel of Darkness. If Tecmo really has to delay it then they gotta do what they have to do.
It doesn't surprise me entirely. If you go to EB Games web site, they usually post the shipping date for games that have a firm release date. But Ninja Gaiden is under the coming soon at the lower section together with Halo 2 and a couple of other games that will be released "some time in 2004"

Escaflowne2001
11-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Oh well, it's been April 2004 here for months cuz' that'll go back even futhur now.

Nindalf
11-26-2003, 06:30 AM
Same thing happened with DOAXVB, they kept insisting that it will be released in 2002, but was released in 2003 january. Stupid little ferrets...

Escaflowne2001
11-26-2003, 07:49 AM
That's cuz they want perfected graphics.

Nindalf
11-26-2003, 07:50 AM
In other words, they couldn't finish it by the release date.

Alucard
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
gyhaha. Told you lot the game would come out next year and not this. I am your prophet. Go and sacrifice some virgins for me so that I may bless you and your house. Make sure the virgins are ugly btw. Would be a waste to get rid of the pretty ones!

Escaflowne2001
11-26-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by S?r Ninglor
In other words, they couldn't finish it by the release date.

Yes like alot of games are delayed just look at all the Nintendo games delayed. ;)

Kid0_oIcarus
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
gyhaha. Told you lot the game would come out next year and not this. I am your prophet. Go and sacrifice some virgins for me so that I may bless you and your house. Make sure the virgins are ugly btw. Would be a waste to get rid of the pretty ones!

shut up you fool! you said no such thing- i clearly remember myself prophesizing this very thing.

aneep
11-26-2003, 09:50 PM
probbaly something to do with the supposedly 'revolutionary' XBL features

i read somewhere (quite sometime ago, like 1-2 weeks ago) that MS offers Tecmo bonus and marketing dollars if they can finish this up by Chrismas time, even if that means axing the XBL features

personally i hope that Team Ninja will get all the time they want to deliver this game as they want it

-aneep-

Rubeus
11-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Gamespot said the game is coming on December 15.

gearhound1
11-27-2003, 01:55 AM
man, it's team ninja, they are fucking brilliant. NG will rock your cock:D

Alucard
11-27-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
shut up you fool! you said no such thing- i clearly remember myself prophesizing this very thing.

Dont make me ban you! People said its coming christmas! And I said 'scoff!'. See? Begone wretched alien!

Nindalf
11-27-2003, 08:43 AM
I have been yelling Delay for as long as....

FOR A LONG TIME!!

Pilotwings
11-29-2003, 01:01 PM
its just 75% complete according the famitsu latest. :spinface:

Reality
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
How big is the team working on this?

Escaflowne2001
11-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Team Ninja can't be that big if there only one development team inside Tecmo, don't hold me to that though.

aneep
11-29-2003, 07:14 PM
more than one, team ninja is just one team inside tecmo

and after doa3, team ninja was further split into 2, with the addition of the guys who make cinematics of doa3 (they were outside contractors before, IIRC tecmo acquired them after that)

the junior team worked on DOAX (and probably code cronus) while senior team worked on NG (and probably brainstorming for DOA4)

-aneep-

Alucard
11-30-2003, 04:32 AM
I'm not too sure if its the dize of the team thats the issue. I'm thinking they might be spending that extra little bit extra time to make this as perfect as they can do it since its a sequel to a hugely popular game. They've probably back tracked a few times already. Its one game that could help the Xbox in japan.

Mr Mort
11-30-2003, 05:58 AM
As much as I'd love to see the game be released by the holidays, I'd rather wait a little bit longer to have a polished product, rather than rushing it out the door without it being "truly complete".

Reality
11-30-2003, 07:18 AM
This is also the first time it's hitting the 3D world to isn't it? That may be kinda troublesome for them.

Alucard
11-30-2003, 07:43 AM
No, I dont think the 3D side is giving them too much problems. They're used to making 3D games.

aneep
11-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
I'm not too sure if its the dize of the team thats the issue. I'm thinking they might be spending that extra little bit extra time to make this as perfect as they can do it since its a sequel to a hugely popular game. They've probably back tracked a few times already. Its one game that could help the Xbox in japan.

i agree (other than helping xbox in japan), its the polishing that's left, not creating the art assets

NG is probably more popular in US than in Japan though (i mean the original, not this), so the same will probably hold true for the spiritual sequel as well

EDIT correction to my post, team ninja have 3 teams now including a hw team that crete tools for Team Ninja as well as other teams at Tecmo

-aneep-