PDA

View Full Version : Miyamoto sells 5 Million shares of his stock in Square.

Penance
07-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Square Co. Ltd. announced today that it will offer five million shares of stock for sale in overseas markets, mainly Europe, between July 9 and July 12, Dow Jones reports. The move is intended to increase share liquidity -- i.e., increase the number of buyers and sellers of a stock, stabilizing its movement in the market. The block of shares (about 9% of the company) comes from the holding of Masashi Miyamoto, Square's founder, who stepped down as president in 1991. Despite the sale, he will remain the company's top shareholder, with 31.04% of the company in his personal holdings.
The offering price and exact delivery date of the shares has yet to be set, but if you'd like to pick up some, contact your broker. The sale will be conducted via underwriter Nikko Salomon Smith Barney.

-Article. (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/364/364178p1.html)

Thoughts?

hgblob
07-08-2002, 10:42 PM
I wish I had money...

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft made an effort to get hold of some of those shares.

Rubeus
07-08-2002, 10:56 PM
Even if Microsoft buys them all, they only can hold 9% of the stakes. Sony is still a much bigger shareholder in Square!

Lynx
07-11-2002, 03:04 AM
I think Sony is going to be after that too, and if MS wants it, they're probably going to have to pay a lot of money.

Penance
07-11-2002, 03:30 AM
I think Sony is going to be after that too, and if MS wants it, they're probably going to have to pay a lot of money.

It's possible if Sony buys it. They are a multi-region company. I don't see why Microsoft would have to pay more though.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-11-2002, 05:35 AM
It'd be funny if I bought it.. and by "I"- I mean Nintendo.

Lynx
07-12-2002, 03:30 PM
They'd pay more to try and out-bid Sony

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 06:42 AM
myamotot and i went to college together, he is the one who gave me my dreamcast to play starrider 2 on way back, back with nuon and ATMA.

MAY THEY REST IN PIECE...

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

b0b
08-01-2002, 03:21 PM
smartest thing for MS to do is to buy Square stock through company corperations that way square doesn't know whos buying there shares just that some one did and they gave them the money, Tripple X Beaver is an ass clown.... nice use of blank space that.

aneep
08-02-2002, 02:52 AM
u realise of course than even if MS did buy all the stocks that the guy (Miyamoto) offers, they would only own 9% percent of Square's stocks, half of what Sony has and far from being the controlling stock

ahum, and i'd like to point out, MS did try to buy 40% Square's stock before(1999, if i remember correctly), but Square asked for a ridiculous amount of money (2.5 billion) and MS declined the deal

-aneep-

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 08:37 AM
aneep is smarter than b0b, b0b cant spell 'triple'.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil