PDA

View Full Version : Should the next Castlevania have 2D gameplay.

Pinoy Snake
07-07-2002, 01:47 AM
2D gameplay with 3D graphics, like how the Contra for the PS2 is. And which console do you think should it be released on or should consider it to be a multi-platform game.

dog$
07-07-2002, 10:55 AM
It should be hand-drawn and sprite animated, same as it always has been... maybe if KCET were to fix their cel-shading techniques that they started with Tokimeki 3, they'd be able to make a respectable Dracula with cel-shading if they refused to do it without polygons.

It should be on every system so that stupid people don't bitch.

Alucard
07-07-2002, 11:37 AM
If they decided to do it semi 3D, I would like to see it like Contra. That game is looking cool. And as for what console, I say put it on the Gamecube. Most Playstation users want spiffy ultra cool 3D looking BLAMBLAM in your face sort of game. XBox just wouldn't suit it. GC is where they should put the platform games and 2D games. Thats my opinion anyway.

IHZer0
07-07-2002, 06:56 PM
I say GC and PS2, just not XB.

Seska
07-08-2002, 04:43 AM
PErsonally I never think of consoles embodying specific types of games. Like "PS2 is for 3D-lovers, GC is for 2D games". That might have been true in the past with consoles like the Saturn pitted up against the PSX. Msot 3D games were on PSX, and all the cool 2d Fighters and side-scrollers were on SAturn.

But nowadays we are at a point where any next-gen console can do anything. If there is any selectivity in 2D/3D games, then it is in the markets themselves, and not in the consoles.

You will more likely see 2D style fighting games in Japan. The best of that lot eventually make it overseas, like Capcom Vs SNK. But this is regardless of console.

And Platformers? I haven't seen a 2D platformer in AGES, they all seem to be 3D nowadays. All of those seem to be destined for the Gameboy Advanced.

PS2 and GC are getting the 2D games in equal, very scarce amounts, sadly.

Black Sugar
07-08-2002, 05:55 PM
I couldn't say better than that Seska .

As for now, most 2D games will be on the GBA . This is a sad thing to see cause I can't bare the non existent backlight in the GBA. This is the only reason I didn't get myself one.

But since 2D it what make Castlevania Symphony of the Night so succesfull. There's a chance that the follow-up could still be in 2D.

As for which console, probably PS2 or maybe GC.

Seska
07-09-2002, 04:02 AM
If you want a properly-lit GBA, get one with the Afterburner installed. Im sure there are lots of pre-installed Afterburner GBAs available for sale on places like Lik Sang or eBay. Its not EXACTLY backlit, but its jsut about as good!

Kid0_oIcarus
07-11-2002, 05:12 AM
If they can pull off a Metroid 3D then they can do a Castlevania 3D o problem.. 'course.. I'd rather it stay 2D....

...and came to the 'cube.

:big smile

Sesshoumaru
07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
They need to put out another Castlevania for a home system...it's really pissing me off that they haven't already and yet the GBA Castlevania's are selling very well.

All because of some BS like "waste of system resources" shit...it ain't the graphics that make the game. I'd think that they'd know that by now...

Long live 2D sprite Castlevania games. :D