PDA

View Full Version : KOF 2003 beta testing

Alucard
11-11-2003, 08:21 AM
TOKYO--SNK NeoGeo will the begin beta testing of The King of Fighters 2003 one month before its release. Announced on the company's official Web site, the beta test of King of Fighters 2003 will take place in Osaka, Japan, between November 17 and 21. The beta test is expected to move to Tokyo shortly thereafter.

The King of Fighters 2003 will be the tenth installment in the King of Fighters series, and will be following the traditional three-on-three battle format. Currently, only three characters are confirmed for the game. Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi from the Fatal Fury series will be returning to the game, and Andy Bogard will be replaced by Tizoc from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

As reported earlier, while recent The King of Fighters titles have introduced original characters to the series, The King of Fighters 2003 will focus on bringing in characters from other Neo Geo titles--and the storyline of the game will reportedly go in a new direction. And while specific details are not currently known, The King of Fighters 2003 will reportedly implement a new battle system and new game control system. The King of Fighters 2003 is scheduled for release in Japanese arcades this December.

While I'm super pissed that Andy is gone and some retarded character is brought in his place, I'm VERY interested in this new control scheme. This is definately going back to the classic KOF games 98 and back, where each game felt much different to the last, unlike the retarded lot we've had for the past few years. Its also the 10th so it should be a big change with luck. And if you ask me this will be the last one to use the neogeo hardware. Thats just a guess.

IoriYagami n8
11-11-2003, 01:39 PM
They didn't say Andy wouldn't appear, simply that Tizoc has replaced his spot on the Garou team with Joe and Terry. Tizoc or The Griffon, however you want to say it is only retarded in your opinion. There are quite a few people that enjoy having grapplers in the games. If you ask me, it sure beats having more of the same crap despite the fact that I don't use him.

Alucard
11-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Lets assume Andy has been removed. I'm more then sure theres a larger user base for Andy then Griffon, who is pretty crusty to play. I dont enjoy him as much as say Zangief or ...whats that stupid one from Cap vs SNK. I play them both happily but Griffon just gets under my skin.

I want them to add Eiji. It would make me quite happy! I dont ever see this happening though, but I really hope they add some better characters and with luck actually create some new ones. The character list should be HUGE since its the 10th anniversary.

zsidane
11-11-2003, 03:54 PM
i'm very happy that terry from MOTW is in KOF'03!
for andy, no one said that he was removed! perhaps we will be in a Mai-Andy-Hokutomaru Team since mai and Andy are Hokutomaru's masters and that this new KOF'03 will follow the MOTW story line (?).Is SNK Playmore preparing us for a new MOTW ? hope ya :D

IoriYagami n8
11-11-2003, 10:21 PM
What are you talking about actually create some new ones, they have had plenty of new characters pop into King of Fighters. A lot of people are rather sick of it actually, as the original purpose was more of an SNK vs SNK kind of deal across their in house fighting games, the series has started to become deluded with original characters, taking attention away from those classic characters it was made to bring together.

Alucard
11-12-2003, 03:11 AM
Well its hard to add in other characters from their series because of the time lines and stuff. Samurai Shodown characters will not fit at al. PRetty much the best characters from FF are already there, same as AOF. They've grabbed the other characters from here and there. I dont really see TOO much else for them to get. What I'd like to see is Metal Slug characters taken and given moves, like they did with the Ikari Warriors. I'm probably forgetting some other games and stuff but KOF was also about creating characters too. Its always good to see some new ones popping up here and there.