PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo article show kids want..

Reality
11-09-2003, 09:33 PM
A Yahoo article shows kids want Xboxs and not GCNs for Christmas. (Well maybe that be true if the GCN was even listed for voting but it turns out Yahoo didn't include it. So...kids want Xboxs over PS2s)

The list of top ten toys, conducted by Yahooligans (http://www.yahooligans.com), was compiled from 130,000 votes from kids aged 7 to 12 years old.

Electronic toys took the top three spots in the poll, with Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox narrowly beating out Nintendo Co. Ltd. Game Boy Advance SP and Sony Corp's PlayStation 2 System coming in third.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/newsarticle.asp?guid=%7B9F745B23-6212-4598-899E-798211D105B3%7D&siteid=mktw&dist=nbk&symb= :crazy:

Joe Redifer
11-09-2003, 10:47 PM
I'd rather have a GC than a GCN (GameCube Nintendo). Nintendo's next system will be more successfull if they don't label it something retarded like "GCN". :)

Vegetto
11-10-2003, 01:16 AM
....u know I like all systems, I just wanna know though, why does everyone and I mean everyone neglet gamecube?

Magnus
11-10-2003, 02:41 AM
Whats wrong with "GCN"? I find it much better than PSOne or Xbox(though thats not really an acronym ;)) or the disgustingly named PSTwo....

Joe Redifer
11-10-2003, 03:11 AM
I've never heard "PSTwo" before. That sucks. And it was never "PSOne" until the PS2 came out. "PSOne" is retarded. As for the GameCube, I prefer simply "GameCube". But if people are really that damn lazy and HAVE to break it down, then GC is perfectly fine. GCN doesn't make musch sense. It's backwards. And stupid sounding. The "N" is just not necessary.

As for the reason people neglect the Gamecube, I think it is because it is perceived as a console for younger kids. Everyone here knows that the GameCube is not necessarily a kid's console, but in today's society people want what everyone else is getting, and everyone does not want something that looks like a toy and whose main characters are comparable to children's story book and fairy tale characters.

Twelve
11-10-2003, 03:50 AM
HILARIOUS POLL! Wowee...the Gamecube didn't even make the top 10 list. This threatens to turn the whole "kid console" idea right on it's head.

But who listens to polls, right?

Escaflowne2001
11-10-2003, 04:33 AM
They all want a XB over the PS2 as most people have one buy now at least once.

As for the GC mine collects dust most of the time between the few and far between interesting games such as Ikuraga and Viewful Joe.

Alucard
11-10-2003, 05:25 AM
If only the GC had the eye toy. It would be just as cool on that console and just as wanted!!! Or maybe it would get the kiddie label to it like everything else. Its the trend.

Reality
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
There is this funny story behind the GCN name actually. IGN posted about it once. But anyway, I don't understand why they never world place the GCN uh "Gamecube" in the polls . They only did one poll. So there wasn't like a elimination round. With the GC price cut and game selection you think it be a perfect competitor for the holidays. Then again go to their site and when you get to the poll you sed Xbox ads in all conors. just on that part of the site.

vherub
11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
i liked tg-16*

*(well not really true 16-bit we kind of lied)

that had to be the best console nickname

Escaflowne2001
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
If only the GC had the eye toy. It would be just as cool on that console and just as wanted!!! Or maybe it would get the kiddie label to it like everything else. Its the trend.

Yes the EyeToy is still kiddy even on the PS2 but it's pretty entertaining nevertheless.

Reality
11-10-2003, 01:11 PM
The eyetoy is kinda cool, you just wont look kinda cool playing it. XD

Nindalf
11-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey man, it's Sony, no matter how damn retarded it may be, it's cool

Kid0_oIcarus
11-10-2003, 06:49 PM
ns, huh?

damn hippos

Magnus
11-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Joe Redifer
I've never heard "PSTwo" before. That sucks.

Sony registered the name, most likely for a scaled down PS2 like the PSOne is.