PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital 5.1

Vicviper
07-01-2002, 07:12 PM
So who here is experiencing there Xbox's audio capabilities as much as the graphic capabilities? A week or so after I got my box I bought the advance AV pack and hooked it up with S-video and the Optical Digital cable. It is the best sound that I have heard on a video game system. For example in MotoGP. As you pass another rider on his left you hear a very smooth transition of his engine noise going from your front right speaker to your right rear surround speaker. And when you are about to be overtaken by other riders you can hear the pack coming up from behind getting louder and louder the closer they get. Another example is Halo and Gun Valkyrie. As you are running around killing enemies you can hear them sneaking up from behind. This gives you that extra advantage so you know to turn around and start blasting.
Truly a great experience for any audiophile and prices on great receivers with Dolby Digital and DTS have gone WAY down. You can get a very good Dolby Digital/DTS receiver with 100 watts of power to each channel for a mere $300. After that all you need is 6 speakers and you are set to experience the best sounding audio possible on a home video game system!!!!

King Takacs
07-02-2002, 03:03 PM
heh i know exactly what you mean. I bought my system before i bought my PS2 more then a year ago and i love it. When i got my Xbox i was dissapointed but when i bought the S-video input thing now i love it. Halo sounds excellent and so does Morrowind. I just bought the DVD remote, it's so much better then the PS2 player.

I never thought that Xbox supported DTS but ounce i went into the options i was really surprised that it did. I'm truly happy with the Xbox now and it has over taken my PS2 as the entertainment center device heh.

Vicviper
07-03-2002, 01:10 AM
I'm truly happy with the Xbox now and it has over taken my PS2 as the entertainment center device heh.

Ha! That's hilarious, Same here. My PS2 has been moved up to my bedroom and my Xbox and GC have the center stage in my Entertainment Center.

Vicviper
07-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Man! Doesn't look like to many people here care about getting the best out of there Video Game system. That's too bad you people are missing a lot of the enjoyment.

King Takacs
07-05-2002, 12:53 PM
heh yup, i guess not. One more thing i've noticed is that the Xbox dvd player doesn't struggle like the PS2 one does, it's a nice clean transition and it reads disks with greater ease. Nice job Microsoft :)

I guess not a lot of people have home theater systems, so they can't really comment......to bad.:(

Afro Aura
07-08-2002, 06:44 PM
have you tried it with Outlaw Golf you can here the train pass by and the aeroplane fly by it's cool as it just sound so real and with Gunmetal you can hear the loud stomping on my subwoofer of Gun Metal running on the ground

Yep I'm into digital sound only through an opitcal cable :D