PDA

View Full Version : What's next after DOAX Beach Volleyball?

Rubeus
06-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Now Tecmo is trying to expand the DOA universe with spin-offs like Beach Volleyball and Ninja Gaiden (not exactly a spin-off, but the game features the ninja guy from DOA though). It makes me wonder what other spin-offs Tecmo have in their pocket.

Here are some examples:

1. Tokimeki Memorial DOA - date your favorite girl from DOA series!

2. DOA Puzzle - a very common trend, just like Capcom's SSF2 Puzzle Fighter.

3. Pocket DOA Fighters - SD fighting game just like Capcom's Pocket Fighter, with super deformed DOA characters.

4. DOA Wrestling - wow! Imagine playing wrestling with Hitomi, Tina and Kasumi, full body contact.

5. DOA RPG - well this may take some times because Temco is not a RPG developer...

Kid0_oIcarus
07-01-2002, 08:50 AM
Um... Ninja Gaiden isn't a spin-off.

Ninja Gaiden came before DOA.. didn't it?

HungLong
07-02-2002, 11:10 AM
No, I don't think Ninja Gaiden is a DOA spin-off. I am sure it came out way before Tecmo developed Dead or Alive 1 cuz I played it on NES, then the trilogy on SNES.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I played it on the NES too.. good game.

I loved the intro.

I'm pretty sure they'll have a pocket billiards DOA game.. but they already got the super deformed chests now.. all they'd really need to work on is the rest of the body..

Havoc2049
07-02-2002, 05:13 PM
I played Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden III on the Atari Lynx.

It would be cool if Tecmo would include the original Ninja Gaiden in the new Xbox game. If Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox sells really well like DOA, I guess we would see Ninja Gaiden II. A DOA RPG would be cool, not as cool as a King of Fighters RPG,;) but still cool.

Todd

Seska
07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
I think the next DOA with be a Hardcore edition, like they did with DOA2.

AHA! you say. What is new in that? Whell HERE is the TWIST!

Primal DOA Image - Hardcore!

Set up your XXX rated DOA photoshoots! Cram that camera right between Lei-Fang's thighs! Smile, baby, smile! Make love to the camera, baby, yeah, that's it!

Or maybe not. However, I believe Tecmo capable of it, at the rate things are going.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-11-2002, 04:16 AM
OOhh that sent shivers through my legs...

:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I wouldn't put it past them anymore.. gotta do something to attract a crowd to the 'box

Sesshoumaru
07-14-2002, 10:36 PM
yeah...umm Ryu Hyabusa (or Hyabusa-san as Kasumi said in her EXTREMELY cute Japanese voice) is an OLD man...hell...I'm 25 and I remember playing Ninja Gaiden 1 in the arcades with my friend (don't know the red ninja's name...Ryu clone?) when I was about 12.

But yes...2 words. SEX SELLS. (or in video games...SKIN SELLS)
so they'll do WHATEVER they can to exploit those girls...damn Namco pimps. (Not that I mind :p )

You see how skimpy those outfits can get in DOAX? ...and RAMPANT talks of topless modes (if only in the Japanese ver.) my goodness.

eh I just now saw the topic that says nudity will be in DOAX...my lord...I (hope they're not but) REALLY doubt they're gonna release that in the US. US ver = clean or otherwise Congress...the PTA and everyone's grandmother will have a FIT.

So...I think I'm gonna purchasing an imported X-Box :D :D

admin
07-15-2002, 08:36 PM
I heard the game will receive an "Adult Only" rating in US.

aneep
07-15-2002, 10:02 PM
no

even if the game had a full nudity mode, it won't receive an "AO" rating

"AO" rating is reserved for games with actual penetration and explicit sex scenes, not nudity

having nudity will push the game to "M" rating though, instead of "T" like past DOAs

-aneep-