PDA

View Full Version : Wario World not developed by Nintendo!

Rubeus
06-30-2002, 07:02 PM
I just heard some news from Japan, saying that Wario World for Gamecube is not produced by Nintendo, once again Nintendo has throw the project out to other 3rd party developers.

Is that one trick Nintendo is using to "grab" more developers into the GameCube party? It seems like those who developed games for Nintendo tends to become more and more attached to Nintendo platforms, examples are Hudson Soft, Capcom, Namco and Sega!

Kid0_oIcarus
07-01-2002, 08:46 AM
Wicked.

So, who's it being developed by?
Hmm.. maybe this has something to do with IGN's not being terribly thrilled with it when they got to play it.

gekigangar5
07-01-2002, 08:49 AM
its being developed by Treasure

HFIL
07-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Well nintendo usually won't let a game w/ its charecters out unless it is of atleast a decent quality... and wario is an action game.. so maybe its not what IGN was expecting

Kid0_oIcarus
07-01-2002, 01:54 PM
To be fair, I read that impression a while ago and hadn't heard anything since. So I'm not sure how the game is at this point- and even then, the game is still not out yet, so who really knows what it'll be like?

I just hope it's good. Although I've never tried any of the other Wario games.

Vicviper
07-01-2002, 02:17 PM
its being developed by Treasure

I will only believe this once I see Treasure's name on the box.

Black Ace
07-01-2002, 04:59 PM
This is kinda old, I heard Treasure was the developer a few weeks ago from www.spong.com

Dubkiller
07-01-2002, 05:24 PM
This is a seems to be a win-win situation for everybody. Nintendo gets to increase it's lethargic first party software output rate, while building strong 3rd party relations, and third parties get to work with bonafide hit franchises that are surefire hits. Capcom's Zelda titles for the Gameboy were a runaway success, and the game quality didn't suffer.

Pikachu
07-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Maybe Nintendo and Square will team up again for GameCube Super Mario RPG 3!

;)

ATMA
07-02-2002, 11:06 AM
That would be sweet !!!

Kid0_oIcarus
07-02-2002, 12:44 PM
Super Mario RPG 3?

What hapened to 2?

I want my Tanooki suit back!

Black Sugar
07-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Treasure is one of the most talented action/adventure devellopers around the industry. Nintendo not only tend to give their franchise name to a lot third-parties, but they also choose the most talented one !

Rubeus
07-02-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Super Mario RPG 3?

What hapened to 2?

I want my Tanooki suit back!

Part 2 is Paper Mario, it's called Super Mario RPG 2 in Japan.

WINDJAMMERS
07-02-2002, 09:43 PM
Treasure is awesome.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Rebeus

Part 2 is Paper Mario, it's called Super Mario RPG 2 in Japan.

Whoa, really? I never knew that! Hmm.. pretty weak follow-up then.. Glad they chose to rename it stateside..

Shining Force
07-03-2002, 11:06 AM
I thought the fights in that game were plenty fun. But anywho, Treasure Kicks a little too much ass. This news has really got me pumped.

Pikachu
07-03-2002, 04:55 PM
I didn't find Treasure games all that additive, the only one I like is the old Genesis game with the Rocket guy in it (forgot the name).

Dubkiller
07-03-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus

Whoa, really? I never knew that! Hmm.. pretty weak follow-up then.. Glad they chose to rename it stateside..

I thought Paper Mario was a great follow-up to Super Mario RPG. I'd have no problems w/ Intelligent Systems making the next one for the Gamecube.

Badboon
07-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pikachu
I didn't find Treasure games all that additive, the only one I like is the old Genesis game with the Rocket guy in it (forgot the name).

An old Genesis game with a "Rocket Guy"? Do you mean Gunstar Heroes?
Anyways, my favourite Treasure game is Mischief Makers (everyone hates this game:D )

Kid0_oIcarus
07-11-2002, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Dubkiller

I thought Paper Mario was a great follow-up to Super Mario RPG. I'd have no problems w/ Intelligent Systems making the next one for the Gamecube.

It was a good game, and I did enjoy it- but I enjoyed Super Mario RPG more. Reading back on it though, I was kind of harsh.. it wasn't a bad follow-up.. but not as good as I'd hoped.

baratus
07-12-2002, 11:57 AM
I really don't know anything about Treasure but Nintendo is making a big mistake by giving the Wario World project to them. Just look at how hateful Mischief makers is.

cartman414
07-15-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by baratus
I really don't know anything about Treasure but Nintendo is making a big mistake by giving the Wario World project to them. Just look at how hateful Mischief makers is.

Judging just upon one game? That's a bit much, don't you think?

Black Sugar
07-15-2002, 02:49 AM
Tresure must be one of the most talented third-party ever. GunStar Heroes, Silvergun, Guardian Heroes only to name a few, are the best titles ever grace any console. YukeYuke Troublemaker (Mischief Makers) wasn.t completly made by them. Enix had a part to play for this game too.

onionkid
08-03-2002, 07:32 PM
I believe Paper Mario was called "Mario Story" in Japan.

And Yuke Yuke Troublemakers/Mischief Makers rocks.

-rich.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 07:44 PM
Who cares? As long as the game is good, but is still a bit original.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Rubeus
08-04-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Badboon

An old Genesis game with a "Rocket Guy"? Do you mean Gunstar Heroes?
Anyways, my favourite Treasure game is Mischief Makers (everyone hates this game:D )

I think that Rocket guy game is "Rocket Knight Adventures", I played it on my old Genesis before, but I don't know if it is a Treasure game?

sipinos
08-04-2002, 03:16 AM
That rocket game was made by KONAMI.

Treasure made a rather good looking shooter game IKARUGA

Dreamcast exclusive it's rumoured to come to the CUBE. Anyone know any other recent games made by them?

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Sin & Punishment? :D

xXx Beaver xXx
08-07-2002, 01:00 AM
Kid Icarus, funny name ha?

Gave me a few laughs too, my dirty mind never fails me. :D

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil