PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings DVD release

Vash
06-30-2002, 06:18 PM
well i just wanted post a few things about the upcomming DVD release of this movie ...

on 8/8/02 they are releasing the orginal Theatrical version of LOTR on DVD and VHS, DVD will be 22.99 and the VHS will be $16.99

now some time in November they will be releasing a "Special Edtion" 4 disc DVD set which will run for 59.99 (as of right now)that will include the following:

-1 hr of extra footage that was cut from the theatrical release
(pretty much makes the running time 4 hrs)
-collector's edition Statue.
-and much much more.

heh i cant wait for the special edition myself ... that movie 0wned me ... speaking of which i still need to finish the books.

ATMA
06-30-2002, 06:22 PM
Can't wait either !!!November is a looooooong way to go :(

gabriel
07-01-2002, 11:00 AM
IGN did a preview (or maybe it was just a news story) about the two editions a few months back. I'm holding out until the special edition is released in November (right around my birthday :)).

I hate it how dvd companies release bare bones version of movies, and then a "special" edition a few months/years later. I'd rather they just eliminate the special editions and wait until their product is finished before releasing it.

Vicviper
07-01-2002, 02:34 PM
I agree with Gabriel. Nothing pisses me off more than buying a DVD and then 2 months later you see the "special edition".
I will wait for the special edition this time. Even though this is one of the best movies I've ever seen based on the best books I've ever read!!

King Takacs
07-02-2002, 02:10 PM
i really dont know what to do, wait or not? or buy both? damn it i dont know.

Vash
07-02-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by King Takacs
i really dont know what to do, wait or not? or buy both? damn it i dont know.

What im probably gonna do is Buy the orginal one Used from a blockbuster and then get the Special editon for X-mas or something.

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 05:30 AM
i downloaded all 3 of them a few months back, I can e-mail them to you in jpeg format. :)

have a nice day, i sure will! :wink:

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil