PDA

View Full Version : UK/European game shops?

yellowlightman
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
I'm in the US and trying to figure out how to buy a European-only release game. Anyone have any suggestions for game shops in the UK or EU that will ship games to the US?

Escaflowne2001
10-06-2003, 03:52 AM
What the hell game can that be? :confused:

www.game.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk

Twelve
10-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Here's where I go:

www.alcom.ch

yellowlightman
10-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
What the hell game can that be? :confused:

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death, assuming it get's decent reviews. Being a Dredd fan in the States isn't easy, and a history of crappy Dredd games makes it harder. :annoyed:

Escaflowne2001
10-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Well it isn't out in Eu till the 17th October!(PS2/XB) the GC version being much later when's it out in the states?

It seems alot of games are coming out in EU first now Freedom Fighters, Warhammer 40K and now this about time too...:cool guy:

Ryu Kazama
10-06-2003, 05:03 PM
It's about time too.

But the past also had games appear before the US by a few days or months like:

Final Fantasy Origins (PSOne)- March UK release, April US release
Tekken 4 (PS2)- September UK, September US (7 days after though)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)- May 23rd UK, August was it in US?

Here's hoping games like MGS3 and Mario Kart: DD get released here first.

By the way, is Jak II: Renegade out int he US yet? If not, can you inform to when it's release date is? If it's after October 17th then, cool, that's another UK first.

I also should mention Pro Evolution Soccer get's earlier releases for the obvious reason of it being soccer. A much larger fan base in UK than US.

Escaflowne2001
10-07-2003, 04:06 AM
Yep, Parasite Eve 2 was aswell...:big smile

But then with some games we have to wait months/year...example Run Like Hell was just released here on Friday a year and a half adter the NA..:crazy:

yellowlightman
10-07-2003, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
Well it isn't out in Eu till the 17th October!(PS2/XB) the GC version being much later when's it out in the states?
It seems alot of games are coming out in EU first now Freedom Fighters, Warhammer 40K and now this about time too...:cool guy:

GC version is sometime in November, last I heard there was no forseeable US release, which makes sense.

What's the WH40k game? Haven't heard anything about a new one...

Seska
10-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Nicole's Sky
Here's where I go:

www.alcom.ch

You should check out www.play.com - not only are their prices pretty decent, but they also send you everything (within europe) free of shipping costs.

Escaflowne2001
10-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by yellowlightman
What's the WH40k game? Haven't heard anything about a new one...

While I haven't had time to play it myself I believe Warhammer are this old desktop fantasy figuires! there was a series of them that were set in a Sci-Fi future world.

and this is a first person shooting game based on them, be honest though I would expect Judge Dredd and Warhammer to be released in NA before long. :cool guy:

Twelve
10-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Seska
You should check out www.play.com - not only are their prices pretty decent, but they also send you everything (within europe) free of shipping costs.

Thanx alot, I'll check that out. I got it bookmarked...