PDA

View Full Version : Can you ever find...

Kid0_oIcarus
06-26-2002, 05:39 PM
Someone to play your GBA with!? Besides family, I mean.

I honestly don't know anyone else who has one.. scratch that, my friend just got one a couple of days ago. But before that, I didn't know anyone else!!

I had this picture in the back of my mind, of just riding the bus, and sitting next to this really hot girl (HEY- it was MY dream okay! :D) and find her playing a game we both had- then I'd whip out.. heehee- NO NOT THAT!.. my trusty link cable and wacky hijinks ensue..

But nothing remotely close to THAT has ever happened, I've only seen kids with GBs.. airports, bus stations, parks, libraries, work- nobody!!

'course, I'm out of school now.. but still!

What about you? You know someone?

ATMA
06-26-2002, 06:01 PM
I've got used to the fact that alot of my friends isn't really in the games world ..and if they are it's fighting games and well most of the time i win anyways,So it's kinda like being alone same goes for the GBA!!!

To Kid0_oIcarus:It's okay to dream most of the time things start with just a dream!!! :D

Black Ace
07-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Not really, I don't have a lot of time to play games. But my nephew sometime stopped by my house and played with it.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Well, I mainly play my GBA when I'm on the road.. at home I got other things to do too.

But it's those times on the road that makes it the most sense and yet is the worst time to find someone to play with. Oh well.

Black Sugar
07-19-2002, 10:15 PM
I got a big family, so almost all my little cousins (along with my little bro who's 10 yrs old ) got one and come to play at my house.

So when they come they have exaclty; 2 Gamecube, 6 GC pad, 5 GBA with link cable.

I use to see a lot of people with GB color when pokemon was popular, (girls or guys alike between 12yrs and 25yrs old) but since the GBA apparance I don't see them that often

Havoc2049
08-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I know some people at work that have GBA's. But they seem to buy some of the crapiest games. Games like Pitfall(good game, but they forgot a save feature, so you have to finish it in one sitting), that one Midway boxing game, NFL Blitz and a few other crapola games. I would love some multi-player Doom or Advance Wars action. Does anyone know of any sites where it keeps a list of GBA players and where they live, so that you can contact them for some multi-player gaming? The Atari Lynx was big on multi-player games and there were and still are sites out there where you sign up and find other gamers near you.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Wh0a no, but why c0uldn't we do s0mething like that here? We could start a thread and then have it stickied and locked- so that you'd have to PM a mod to get your info there.. then that way there'd be some control and you could tell others to post in it. That's a really good idea, you could cross reference it by games or city!

Nindalf
08-06-2002, 02:22 PM
I know only one person who has GBA but he lives 5miles away...i never have played GBA with link cable

Kid0_oIcarus
08-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Me neither m4n.. m3 nei7her...

We need cellular gaming!

IHZer0
08-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Both of my friends that I hang out with the most have a GBA. We never have linked up, though...none of us are really interested in doing so (aside when I was gonna link up with one of them for ChuChu, but the retard sold his GBA the day before we were supposed to link up! XP. He got another GBA like a month ago.)

I have a Link Cable, so I'm ready to link up with them at any time.

Pikachu
08-06-2002, 03:53 PM
I have a GBA but I hardly play it, I mostly play my PS2 instead. The only game I really enjoyed on GBA is Super Mario Advance....

Havoc2049
08-06-2002, 06:25 PM
I bought a link cable on the GBA launch day last year, but I have yet to use it. I've used my link cable for NGPC like twice, to play Neo Turf Master with a friend. My Atari Lynx is another story, I've played countless hours of Lynxed-up play on that.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-08-2002, 06:30 AM
I also had fun with GBC and the series of Pokemon games!
I can't wait until the Ruby and Saphire editions come out.

:)

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil