PDA

View Full Version : GBA needs to be more powerful?

Kid0_oIcarus
06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Maybe I've been reading way too many xbox sites, but I got to thinking that the BGA is really a lot weaker than what I'd hoped it'd be.

Hmm.. I wanted a more powerful little system, I guess.

I enjoy the games, but maybe it should've been better?

Although a stronger cpu and more memory would equate to an obviously higher price and depending on the technology used, various increases on power consumption.

What do you guys think?

Did I have one too many pieces of wall candy?

ATMA
06-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Well a better GBA would mean indeed a higher price ..but even so i think the GBA still woulda perform great!!

But IMO i like the GBA as it is i mean playing the old games on it kinda give me the feeling of playing some classics games on it ..and it's also a good escape from the 3D games on the other powerfull consoles!!!So i'm happy with my GBA
currently playing:GOLDEN SUN ,MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK!!!:D

Overlord
06-25-2002, 05:06 PM
In about seven years, we'll have handhelds strong as todays most powerful systems. At the end of GBA's lifespan, it should be able to produce some of the PSx best. Graphically.

FumieHosokawa
06-25-2002, 05:47 PM
Besides, it's not the power of the system that matters, but how it's put to use. The Xbox and PS2 games of today are mostly just eye candy that can't keep me interested for a fraction of the time I spent playing, say, SNES Super Metroid; likewise, I had more fun with Atari 2600 Dodge 'Em than Sega Genesis Fantasia.

ATMA
06-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by FumieHosokawa
Besides, it's not the power of the system that matters, but how it's put to use.

Seems nowadays alot of gamers will go for power while forgetting about stories and originality of a game ...But i agree with you, seems today it's all about graphics while devolpers are forgetting funfactor and originality of the game!!
So did you play Megaman battle network what do you think about that game?? I really like it ,it's fun, easy to play and it got alot of originality in it IMO !!!

Overlord
06-25-2002, 06:06 PM
This thread is talking about the power of the GBA. Not the games.

FumieHosokawa
06-25-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure you can separate the two. What good is power without the right games to make use of it, to put it to the test? A Game Boy Advance with twice the RAM and processor speed is nothing if all it did was run tech demos. Like being the world's strongest man; no feats of strength, no proof. No worth.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-26-2002, 11:20 AM
True, no games for a system means death.

But, we already know the current GBA has the games, and a stronger GBA would've had the games, as well.

I ask you, though. If in the back of your mind, haven't you wished the GBA to be at least a tiny bit more powerful?

I love the games the GBA has, and I'm not asking for only 3D games or anything, but I just wish it was a bit more flexible. Sure there's a lot that more than can be done now over and beyord the previous GBs, but I can't help but feel that it should've been a bigger leap.

Eh, eventually you think Nintendo will have a mini-disk GB? It would need a memory card, and backwards compatibility would probably be an issue.

And that's one of the GB's strenghts- that it can play all the old (well almost all) GB games. I've never actually used it as such, but I'm sure others do.

ATMA
06-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
I ask you, though. If in the back of your mind, haven't you wished the GBA to be at least a tiny bit more powerful?

No!!! not really i'm very happy with the GBA I never ever though about the power of the GBA,So far so good!!I'm very excited about Metroid 4 and the Contra remake !!But that's just me!!:D

Kid0_oIcarus
06-26-2002, 04:34 PM
Pants on fire!!!! I'm calling you out ATMA!! :D

Hehe, yeah- I'm looking forward to those two.. too!

Hey, do you have Tactics Ogre?

ATMA
06-26-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm about to order it i just have to wait for the pal-version (even though i heard with the gba you can play a different type of area code on your gba without certain modification!!Bot i got my eye out for Tactics ogre ..and also Megaman battle network 2 ..i love the first one still haven't finished it .(but now i got time since i've finaly finished FFX INT) !!

*looking at my pants* ..Hey where's the fire ??:confused:

Black Ace
07-25-2002, 09:34 PM
I agreed that Nintendo should have made the Game Boy Advance more powerfull. The weakest link of the system obviously is that there is no backlit, the screen is just way too dark to enjoyed any game.

TheGamerMan
07-26-2002, 07:11 PM
Actually, the reason that no good 3D games have been made on it (there was one, but it sucked) is because no one has made a good 3d engine for the games on it yet. I read on IGNpocket that a company had made a 3d engine, and i saw the screens of it playing, it's too good to be true. In a few years we will start to see 3d games on our little handheld masterpiece.

Black Sugar
07-26-2002, 10:31 PM
I know must of you will not believe me when I will say this, but;
I've been told (in my workplace) that the GBA his technically more powerful than a Psone.

But until we can witness some of these games, we must wait at least 3 more GBA games generation.

As for the backlight situation. I personally think this was abig mistake from Nintendo.

Rubeus
07-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut
I know must of you will not believe me when I will say this, but;
I've been told (in my workplace) that the GBA his technically more powerful than a Psone.

But until we can witness some of these games, we must wait at least 3 more GBA games generation.

As for the backlight situation. I personally think this was abig mistake from Nintendo.

That's a lie! GBA can never do the kind of 3D games you saw on PSone like Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Even the GBA 3D racer V-Rally 3 looks waaaay inferior than the ones on PSone!

Black Sugar
07-28-2002, 03:03 PM
uhh, I was talking 2D wise my man... not 3D.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-03-2002, 09:38 AM
i agree.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil