PDA

View Full Version : the vagrant story development team

+++wwwelve
06-23-2002, 05:43 AM
I heard the team was disbanded by Square after poor sales of the game. Does anyone in or close to the industry know where each of the people on the team has gone? I feel this group of people have true talent, and I'd really like to follow their work. Thanks.

akfoseven@yahoo.com

Penance
06-23-2002, 07:56 AM
Wasn't the main producer of VS, the one from FFT? I haven't heard anything about them leaving. But maybe they'll do what the Xenogear team did. Go under a new publisher and continue the series from there. VS did get a 40/40 from Famitsu. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to continue the series.

Lynx
06-24-2002, 10:08 AM
I never heard this, do you have a source?

The producer of VS/FFT is working on FFXII (I think it's the producer, maybe it's someone else from that team).

King Takacs
06-30-2002, 05:31 PM
if anybody cares about what i thought about VS. I hated the game with a passion, it was boring and way too repetitive. boourns i can't believe i bought that game.

Alucard
07-02-2002, 01:01 PM
The game was ok. The story though was brilliant. It was very dark and complex. Do try to finish it. I hated the game completely, enough to grab my gameshark and cheat my way through it. But even if you have to cheat, try to finishit. The story is increadible.
And I think it was the producer too. FFXII is going to be darker then the ones that came before it. Going to be awesome.

nickel01
07-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Who's that chick?! She's HOT!! 8)

hootie17
07-12-2002, 12:40 AM
VS was an amazin game till the end, it was extremly hard to get lost in the great cathedral.

PS2God
07-14-2002, 03:30 AM
Vagrant Story was awesome. They need to make a sequel quick.

Artfully Xtreme
07-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Vagrant wasn't so bad- I just didn't like that Ashley dude- Was it a boy or a girl? :rolleyes:
Anywayz I played 33% of the game in 11 hours (From what I remember)
I still have it.... Didn't like it all the time- but most of the time it wasn't bad.... :big smile

Seska
07-24-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
The game was ok. The story though was brilliant. It was very dark and complex. Do try to finish it. I hated the game completely, enough to grab my gameshark and cheat my way through it. But even if you have to cheat, try to finishit. The story is increadible.
And I think it was the producer too. FFXII is going to be darker then the ones that came before it. Going to be awesome.

Cheaterrrrrrrrrr!! :D

You aint no hardcore games fan when you resort to Gameshark! My opinion of you just dropped 5 points, Mistar smarteypants!

I playtested the damn game! Translated the manual! I pulled of a 42link chain Combo!

But, eh, it was okay. I Still prefer Grandia and Xenosaga as all time favorites. Good story though.

Rubeus
07-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I think the Vagrant Story team has disbanded after the game is finished, but they have not leave the company, the staffs have just joined other projects in the company.

The only teams that have left Square are the Secret of Mana and Xenogear teams.

The Secret of Mana team (Brownie Brown) is not doing so great after the split, their GBA game Magical Vacation is not doing too well in Japan, it's been overshadowed by Golden Sun, Tactics Ogre and Fire Emblem.

Investor27
07-25-2002, 01:42 PM
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah! Xenogears is one of my all-time favorites, too.

WickedBoy
07-26-2002, 06:41 AM
Vagrant Story is one of the greatest games of all time! From the minute u the "tutorial" of the game u know its something special and if u guys take the time to play the complete game I think we all agree here.Plus the final boss was to me one of the most difficult to beat in any game! So...BRING ON THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!! :too mad: ...please :P

nihil
08-01-2002, 12:06 AM
Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics were directed by Yasumi Matsuno, and supposedly, as mentioned above, he is working on Final Fantasy XII.