PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo cancels Spaceworld 2002.

Overlord
06-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Allrpg.com:
Not since 1998 has Nintendo decided to cancel their Japanese game expo, that is until now. Reported by Japanese game magazine Nintendo Dream and GameSpot, it was revealed that there will not be a Spaceworld event this year.

Usually held every year in August to display upcoming products by Nintendo and their third-parties, the company will instead be focusing on various smaller events to show off new games and hardware, presumably similar in scale to the "Nintendo GameCube in Shibuya" exposition that was held in an electronics store in Japan in February.

Your Thoughts?

WINDJAMMERS
06-22-2002, 02:21 PM
I heard they just decided to cancel it in favor of Cube-Club type events. They didn't have one 1998 either. It isn' that big of deal.

Dr. DOS
06-22-2002, 03:23 PM
I kind of preferred the bigger events. Like when they first showed the GBA and all, that really hyped me up quite a bit. As long as they can continue to surprise me, I'm ok with whatever strategy they take.

Vicviper
06-22-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah,
no big deal to me since I don't live in or ever have a chance to go to Japan. I wish Nintendo would do more stuff and have shows and appearances like that in the USA.

Dubkiller
06-22-2002, 06:13 PM
It wouldn't be a big deal, but if your other post is correct and they aren't going be at the TGS, then this seems a little odd.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-24-2002, 04:01 PM
IGN said, they're considering showing up at TGS instead.

Kinda saddened byt there being no Spaceworld this year, but I never got to go before anyway- so eh.

Now if there was just some way I could go to that concert...

Cobi*
06-26-2002, 01:14 PM
hopefully they will show up at tgs. it's good for nintendo to fall in with the rest of the industry on this one.

Pikachu
06-27-2002, 11:36 AM
Nintendo was in the last year's TGS! They had a bunch of Gameboy Advance stuffs in the show. I don't see why Nintendo would skip out from all the major game shows this year, unless they want to lose more ground to Microsoft and Sony this year!

ATMA
06-27-2002, 11:40 AM
Well alittle offtopic here but it appear there's a romour that Sony won't be showing up in the upcoming TGS!!
But once it's been confirmed there will be a thread about it in the ps2 area !!Sorry for the offtopic post!!!

Overlord
06-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Why are people talking about TGS here? Theres another thread for Nintendo and TGS. And ATMA, where did you hear about the Sony dealy?

ATMA
06-27-2002, 11:51 AM
It's still in a rumour thingy so we have to wait and see ..it was on a local site cause they said Sony didn't anounce or aply for a space at TGS !!But I'm looking for the info on an english gamesite but nothing yet..so lets wait and see!!!But i just thought i would bring it up just remember it might be a rumour!!!So don't expect alot out of this!!

Penance
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
But Sony doesn't have as many First/Second Party games to show as Nintendo. It's Sony's third party that got them where they are right now. Not a big deal.