PDA

View Full Version : Last movie you saw? Any good?

gabriel
06-22-2002, 09:49 AM
*see topic*

Rocky II, great movie.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Pootie tang and Kung pow ..
laugh my butt out!!!:D

Overlord
06-22-2002, 10:54 AM
I watched Mafia! last night. Very funny.

Glitch
06-22-2002, 11:08 AM
I saw '' we were soldiers, it was good if you like those war movies and i saw Death to Smoochy, didn't like it. There were parts that was funny, but still it wasn't that funny.

Dubkiller
06-22-2002, 05:14 PM
I saw Donnie Darko on DVD. Really good. Last movie I saw in the theatre was Insomnia, which was excellent. Probably going to see Minority Report next.

IHZer0
06-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
Pootie tang and Kung pow ..
laugh my butt out!!!:D

What exactly did you think of Kung Pow? :D

WINDJAMMERS
06-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Kung Pow was pretty funny.

The last movie I saw (in theaters) was the Sum of all Fears.

ATMA
06-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Well i really like master pain (hearing that name allready cracked me up )and than when he said you can call me becky ..i was peeing in my pants (not literaly)..LOL..That movie is very funny also try to see pootie tang ..also very funny !!!
And in the end of kung pow you see like the sequel is it a joke or is it for real i really want to see the sequel!!!The ending was alot like star wars episode 2 or 1 right???:D

Zero
06-25-2002, 11:14 PM
Scary movie 2 adsolutely good and a anime movie Gundam W Endless Waltz is cool

tinlunlau
06-25-2002, 11:27 PM
scarface

Sesshoumaru
07-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Minority Report...very good movie

tinlunlau
07-15-2002, 07:48 AM
i saw Mr. Deeds recently and it's typical Adam Sandler fare.

i'm waiting to see "Koroshiya Ichi", otherwise known as "Ichi the Killer". i'll probably wait for a US release since the HK release which i can get right now is...cut. :mad:

Black Ace
07-16-2002, 03:00 PM
The last movie that I saw was Sum of all Fear, this movie really sucks, IMO. Its just so boring.

Seska
07-22-2002, 10:28 AM
I saw Mulholland drive last weekend. Incredible movie. And no, the lesbian sex scenes had nothing to do with it. Really!

As with most David Lynch movies, dont try to find the logic in the plot and story as you watch it. You will find yourself engrossed in the storytelling and totally baffled at the finale.

"But that makes no sense!" you will cry.

"What the F*CK was that all about! Was she really that person, or was she that other character? What the hell happened before then! Was that happening later!?"

Ohyes, make no mistake. This movie is a total mindfuck, if you will excuse my french. But what is really dursturbing and astonishing at the same time, and what makes this movie so amazingly good, that in a very twisted sense, it DOES make sense and it IS logical.

Once you finish watching the movie and begin to piece the puzzle that is the plot together, elements which made absolutely no sense begin to make sense until you suddenly reach a state of lucidity in which you finally comprehend the image David Lynch was trying to get accross.

A movie which makes you think a long time after you watched it, is great. A movie from which the true satisfaction is archieved after finally piecing the clues together and giving you the satisfaction of knowing the Director got his vision accross exactly as he imagined it - that is pure genius.

Last movie that satisfied me as immensely as Mulholland Drive, was Memento, and even so, I still think Mulholland is better.

It has lesbian sex. :yikes:

Alucard
07-24-2002, 03:45 PM
Requiem for a Dream. Depressing! I like.

WINDJAMMERS
07-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by ATMA
Well i really like master pain (hearing that name allready cracked me up )and than when he said you can call me becky ..i was peeing in my pants (not literaly)..LOL..That movie is very funny also try to see pootie tang ..also very funny !!!
And in the end of kung pow you see like the sequel is it a joke or is it for real i really want to see the sequel!!!The ending was alot like star wars episode 2 or 1 right???:D

Master Pain/Betty vs. Master Tang (the old guy) was so funny with "Baby Got Back" and "Hammer Time" playing in the background.

xXx Beaver xXx
07-31-2002, 05:20 AM
I saw castaway, with this kid I met on the side of the street. He seemed nice, I think he only knew how speak Brown Thunder, *ucken piece of $h1t.

HE started wackin off to TOM HANKS ON MY COUCH! I told him to get out and he did, with his hand dripping, dirty little boy. :too mad:

By the way, the movie was good, too bad the too guy at the end to make out, mmmm :p.

- Triple X Beaver :spin smil

Nindalf
09-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Last movie i saw was From Hell
its was pretty good especially that part when ripper cut that womans throath:haha:

Kid0_oIcarus
09-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Last movie I saw was Lilo and Stich.. at first I was like "wtf this is a kid's movie!?" But then at the end, I was like "Oh, okay th3n- it's a nice 3/\/d1ng" (I said it all just like that too :rolleyes:)

Black Ace
09-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Last movie was Blood Work. I LOVE THIS DAMN MOVIE!!!!! :sing:

ATMA
09-10-2002, 08:16 AM
I just saw Signs (i know i know i'm late ,but hey i live in Europe ) wow , I haven't expect the movie will be like this it was amazing i always love alien stuff! And i think Mel Gibson did a verry good acting job (goooooo Ausies, yeah you too Alucard :2happy: ) And there was something in the movie i think the camara work ..i sure felt like i was right there with them ! And like the thing that happend in RIO remember that "amateur video " that was made in Brazille in the movie ? Till to date i can't get that image out of my mind ..it looks soooooo real !
and it was really scarry, scare the hell out of me :yikes: ! Nice job M.Night Shyamalan

Zion
09-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I saw The Grudge- definately a no good movie. I watched it at home and I almost fell asleep. However, the acting is pretty decent and the direcing is good.

Seraph
09-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Batman. It was pretty cool, but the ending was very rushed

B.B. Gambini
09-21-2005, 12:32 PM
i seen batman returns the other day i downloaded it, its been so long since i seen it, great movie...mmmm catwoman :lol:

Seraph
09-21-2005, 12:38 PM
I meant batman begins. It had a GREAT opening, and i was really getting into it. but towards the end i was like "theres going to be a sequel?". Because they had opened too many doors that couldnt be closed correctly in the time left of the movie.

But no, they ended it. i was like, awwwwwww i almost loved a batman movie :crying:

Mistatee
09-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Rise from your grave old movie thread

Beam
09-21-2005, 01:52 PM
cellular=very actiony

kung-fu hustle=very kung-fuy

and i'm looking forward to the transporter 2 because part one was great.

Vegetto
09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
probly last movie for me was advent children, havent watched much lately

FinalSolace2
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Kung Pow was pretty funny.

The last movie I saw (in theaters) was the Sum of all Fears.

what was the original film that kung pow was ripped from?

i hear even after all this time that there really will be a number 2

FinalSolace2
09-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I just saw Signs (i know i know i'm late ,but hey i live in Europe ) wow , I haven't expect the movie will be like this it was amazing i always love alien stuff! And i think Mel Gibson did a verry good acting job (goooooo Ausies, yeah you too Alucard :2happy: ) And there was something in the movie i think the camara work ..i sure felt like i was right there with them ! And like the thing that happend in RIO remember that "amateur video " that was made in Brazille in the movie ? Till to date i can't get that image out of my mind ..it looks soooooo real !
and it was really scarry, scare the hell out of me ! Nice job M.Night Shyamalan

i'm more scared of gw. bush than aliens-

but after the fear of third world war, alien stuff comes third..

its like most nights you can sleep but if you start thinking about aliens too much you turn your light on jut inacase.

i'm not afraid to admit i'm scared of the dark.

Sinful Sam
09-22-2005, 03:23 AM
Recently I saw Million Dollar Baby and National Treasure they were both pretty good movies.

burpingcat
09-22-2005, 03:34 AM
The people in the 2002-era of this thread are scary, but I"ll post anyway...

the last movie I saw was Lord of War, and it was pretty damn good.

Freeman
09-22-2005, 11:33 AM
FF7 Advent Children, but only if you're looking for action...Chinese-movie-ish action (or something like that :P).

Xero
09-22-2005, 08:50 PM
The last movie i've seen was Transporter 2. That movie just kicks ass and I would love to see the first one (yes I didn't see the first one till now -__-; ). Advent Children has to be the most impressive CG title yet.

Joe Redifer
09-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Lord of War. Kind of good but not a movie that lends itself to repeated veiwings, that's for sure. Saw it tonight (for free, fortunately). The movie can be summed up with the following sentence: "Guns are bad and people are bad, too, especially those damn presidents of the USA." It was basically a giant political statement.

I would rather play God of War or Lords of Thunder than watch Lord of War.

MarionetteKazuk
09-23-2005, 09:51 AM
The last (non animated) movie I saw was Moon Child, it stars Gackt and Hide. It's a very good movie, there's some action in it and has a very good story. I'd recommend anyone to watch it, but I must warn because there are some lazies out there who don't like reading subtitles, so if you don't like subs then it's not for you and it's in japanese, but the movie is very good. :thumb-up:

Reality
09-23-2005, 12:04 PM
The last movie I saw was Star Wars Ep III and no, it was not a good movie.

MarionetteKazuk
09-23-2005, 03:28 PM
The last movie I saw was Star Wars Ep III and no, it was not a good movie.
Yeah, to me the only good part was the fight scene between anikan and obiwan. Other than that the movie kinda sucked. In fact I don't really like the new ones too much, they're not as good as the classics.

Beam
09-24-2005, 11:00 PM
originally posted by xero_0 The last movie i've seen was Transporter 2. That movie just kicks ass and I would love to see the first one

it's one of the best guy movies in recent memory,well to me anyway.

what i'm waiting for now is the carlito's way prequel,it also looks great.

Havoc2049
09-25-2005, 12:26 PM
About a week ago I saw the Constant Gardner. Good movie, kinda depressing though. Somewhat refreshing though, after all the summer blOckbUster ultra fake action BS.

Yesterday I saw the Corpse Bride. Good movie, but not really my thing. In the part where Johnny Deep's character first goes to the afterlife, all I could think about is how it felt like that part was directed by Danny Elfman himself. I kept thinking about Deadman's Party by Elfman's old band, Oingo Boingo.

justin_credible
09-25-2005, 12:51 PM
I saw two movies last night

Dracula: Dead and Loving it. If you like Leslie Nielson you gotta check this out, hilarious.

and I "acquired" Lord of war. I would say it was in the slightly above average category. Good but not great.

Decado
09-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I was expecting it to be funnier. Not horrible, but it felt like it could have been a lot better.

I'm going to watch Layer Cake or The Machinist tonight.

SpaceManSpiff
09-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I was expecting it to be funnier. Not horrible, but it felt like it could have been a lot better.

Wow, I was just gonna post that. I just saw that movie a few days ago and had the same thoughts about it as you. :)

Vicviper
09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride last night. Very good movie. Usual Tim Burton fair with drab colors and odd shapes. Elfman did the music and it is very enjoyable. I have to watch it a couple more times to see if it stands up to Nightmare before Xmas. It is better than James and the Giant Peach though.

Stevz
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Fantastic Four...

You probably know what I think of it already.

FinalSolace2
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Fantastic Four...

You probably know what I think of it already.
yeah it goes without saying.

last film i watched was guess who- that film about ashton kutcher is engaged to a black girl and has to meet her dad who happens to be bernie mac with a "white people complex" :lol: :lol:

now one of my favorite comedies in my top 5

Drunken Savior
09-26-2005, 06:31 PM
I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride last night. Very good movie. Usual Tim Burton fair with drab colors and odd shapes. Elfman did the music and it is very enjoyable. I have to watch it a couple more times to see if it stands up to Nightmare before Xmas. It is better than James and the Giant Peach though.

JatGP wasn't a Tim Burton film at all. Henry Selick (who DIRECTED Nightmare Before Christmas, as well as James. He also did the animation for The Life Aquatic) was behind James and the Giant Peach.

The last movie I saw was Gay Niggers From Outer Space (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/)

burpingcat
09-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I saw Gay Niggers From Outer Space a few years ago. It might be a pretty offensive and trashy movie that wont change your life, but it's only about 25 minutes long, uses a very low budget pretty well, and it's pretty damn awesome in a weird way.

Drunken Savior
09-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I didn't think it was offensive at all. Of course, not much offends me except blind faith and ignorance.

MarionetteKazuk
09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
I just say Sin City the other day. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It had it's "good" parts but they were very thinned out throughout the movie. And to me the ending just plain sucked. :irked:

Meshugana
09-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I just say Sin City the other day. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. It had it's "good" parts but they were very thinned out throughout the movie. And to me the ending just plain sucked. :irked:

the thing i loved about Sin City was....everything, if you read the comics youll know why (you have to also like the comics) it is by far the closest movie adaptation of a comic book ive ever seen, its so close in fact if youve seen the movie you dont really need to read the books, you basically just have

i just saw The Corpse Bride ( my girlfriends choice) and it was junk, crap story, crap everything, the only thing that kept me watching was thay i kept reminding myself it was a stop motion movie which added to it some credibility because to me stop motion is amazing, it just seems so hard to pull as well as Burton ( for the record i dont really dig Burton, i mean i like some of his movies but what he did to Batman will always make me hate him, did you know he never read a Batman comic ever!)

Vicviper
09-27-2005, 12:33 AM
You're basing the corpse bride on what he did with Batman? That's lame. All Batman movies have sucked. No matter who directed them. I haven't seen Batman begins so I can't comment on that but all previous ones were rediculous attempts to throw high salary actors into the script to make more money. Which obviously didn't work.
Corpse Bride was a great movie and you will probably never see anything of it's quality for a long time.

Meshugana
09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
You're basing the corpse bride on what he did with Batman? That's lame. All Batman movies have sucked. No matter who directed them. I haven't seen Batman begins so I can't comment on that but all previous ones were rediculous attempts to throw high salary actors into the script to make more money. Which obviously didn't work.
Corpse Bride was a great movie and you will probably never see anything of it's quality for a long time.

what , i didnt even imply this, im basing the Corpse Bride just on my own taste in movies, i did say it had a craptastic story and such, i only wanted to say how i hate Burton and the fact that he did the Batman movie without reading the books, i meant no relation sorry if it came out that way

i even said how much i enjoy stop motion and that alone made the movie watchable

so to recap im not basing the movie on what he did with Batman, but what he did with BeetleJuice :D

but please tell me, not trying to pick a fight here, why you thought it was good, id like to know so i can look at it in a different light because what i saw sucked, even the songs were bad and i expected that to be the best feature of the movie ( best feature of Charlie and the Choco Factory, and Nightmare Before Christmas IMO)

MarionetteKazuk
09-27-2005, 01:07 AM
the thing i loved about Sin City was....everything, if you read the comics youll know why (you have to also like the comics) it is by far the closest movie adaptation of a comic book ive ever seen, its so close in fact if youve seen the movie you dont really need to read the books, you basically just have
I'm not much of a western comic reader, more of a manga fan. And if I tried to read the comics it'll probably just make my experience bad. Even so the movie wasn't all too thrilling from me. I did like the old black n white look with the few colors that they did show such as that guy who i belive was the governor's son (who had his balls n such ripped off). The ending was the last straw, I just didn't like the ending. As far as the batman movies go I liked all of them. I can't quite remember how the one with mr freeze went but for some reason I liked it. Batman 2 was good I guess to me because i just remember watching batman 1 and 2 when I was younger so it kinda stuck to me. Also with batman begins that batmobile they had on there was horrible. I didn't see the movie and that batmobile was the main reason. I figured if they could screw the mobile that bad the movie itself must be horrible. Some guy tried telling me it was better than the original batmobile, if only it was legal to kill him. But even so I should at least rent (not even buy) the movie before I judge it.

Meshugana
09-27-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm not much of a western comic reader, more of a manga fan. And if I tried to read the comics it'll probably just make my experience bad. Even so the movie wasn't all too thrilling from me. I did like the old black n white look with the few colors that they did show such as that guy who i belive was the governor's son (who had his balls n such ripped off). The ending was the last straw, I just didn't like the ending. As far as the batman movies go I liked all of them. I can't quite remember how the one with mr freeze went but for some reason I liked it. Batman 2 was good I guess to me because i just remember watching batman 1 and 2 when I was younger so it kinda stuck to me. Also with batman begins that batmobile they had on there was horrible. I didn't see the movie and that batmobile was the main reason. I figured if they could screw the mobile that bad the movie itself must be horrible. Some guy tried telling me it was better than the original batmobile, if only it was legal to kill him. But even so I should at least rent (not even buy) the movie before I judge it.

Begins was decent, the tank was horrid

Drunken Savior
09-27-2005, 02:31 AM
I disagree. Begins was amazing, and the Tumbler owned the police force chasing it.

SavedFromSin
09-27-2005, 03:19 AM
Last movie I watched was "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp. Such a great movie and I recommend it to everyone. Another great movie is "Hamlet" with Ethane Hawke. It is a great translation of Shakespeare into modern times.

Seska
09-27-2005, 03:38 AM
I saw The Brothers Grimm yesterday, because I was bored and nothing better was on.

Damn, what a waste of time. I guess its a moderately entertaining time-killer, but I can probably think of 20 better things to watch than that bag of tripe. The only good thing about it was Monica Belluci and her awesome cleavage, but otherwise its a big BLAH. :O

Vicviper
09-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Alright. The story in Corpse Bride wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad. It was very simple and had no twists or anything. But when you are doing a stop motion film that's less than 90 minutes and takes over 3 years to make then you can't expect anything real deep that requires a lot of story telling. I thought the music was good and after hearing the songs a couple more times they will catch on just like Nightmare's songs did. I don't think there are as many songs as in Nightmare. The characters are great even the ones in the background from skeletons to the freshly dead. The only charachter I didn't care for was the town cryer. I had a hard time making out what he was yelling because he was yelling as he was ringing the damn bell.
I just enjoyed it thoroughly and took offense to what you said Mesh. as it does sound like a total rip. My apologies for my earlier reply.

justin_credible
09-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Last movie I watched was "Sleepy Hollow" with Johnny Depp. Such a great movie and I recommend it to everyone. Another great movie is "Hamlet" with Ethane Hawke. It is a great translation of Shakespeare into modern times.

I gotta be honest I wasn't feeling this one. I thought it dragged alot, but that's just my opinion. I also didn't like From Hell or Secret Window.

Blow would probably be my favorite Depp movie.

Nindalf
09-27-2005, 03:00 PM
There was a Johnny Depp movie marathon here last weekend, so I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Sleepy Hollow and Ed Wood. Awesomeness to the max!

Meshugana
09-28-2005, 02:36 AM
Alright. The story in Corpse Bride wasn't that great but it wasn't that bad. It was very simple and had no twists or anything. But when you are doing a stop motion film that's less than 90 minutes and takes over 3 years to make then you can't expect anything real deep that requires a lot of story telling. I thought the music was good and after hearing the songs a couple more times they will catch on just like Nightmare's songs did. I don't think there are as many songs as in Nightmare. The characters are great even the ones in the background from skeletons to the freshly dead. The only charachter I didn't care for was the town cryer. I had a hard time making out what he was yelling because he was yelling as he was ringing the damn bell.
I just enjoyed it thoroughly and took offense to what you said Mesh. as it does sound like a total rip. My apologies for my earlier reply.

totally cool, i have to see it again (according to my girlfriend ill be owning it.....)

sharky~
09-28-2005, 08:27 AM
There was a Johnny Depp movie marathon here last weekend, so I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Nick of Time, Sleepy Hollow and Ed Wood. Awesomeness to the max!

Fear and Loathing: las vagas, is by far my fav Depp movie.

Anyway, Last movie I saw was Garden State and it's SUCH a great movie!

FinalSolace2
10-01-2005, 03:45 PM
The last movie i've seen was Transporter 2. That movie just kicks ass and I would love to see the first one (yes I didn't see the first one till now -__-; ). Advent Children has to be the most impressive CG title yet.

your in for a serious treat

i watched batman begins a second time yesterday and i know i'll watch it 3 more times in the next two months- brilliant film- just loved everything about it.
i kept getting the bateman feel from bale though- but thats a good thing- whats weird though is that at the end when i saw the joker card- i thought that this film is a direct prequel cronologically to the first one.

i villain i want to see the most in the next one is that robot batman that wears the batman skin from the animated series- and that chick with the fucked up eye and white streak covering it.

also check out brotherhood of the wolf- its a mad film.

welshfreak
10-01-2005, 03:54 PM
The one about him becoming a cannabis dealer rocks too.

FinalSolace2
10-01-2005, 04:15 PM

if you like khonny depp films check out "dead man" it is film poetry one of my favorite depp films and is shot either using cameras from the 1920's or its a really good seemlessly convincing grainy black and white filter... choose a really lazy sunday to watch it after staying up late the day before- it has a very dreamy atmosphere that is good to watch in the right mood.

what film are you talking about where he grows cannabis??

Stevz
10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Last movie I saw was Bad Santa (Badder Santa)... OK, I have watched it about a trillion times already and know the script inside out.

All in all... This is my favorite movie of all time.

Sk8_or_DIE
10-02-2005, 01:54 PM

You my friend have good taste.
*winks gayishly at you*

Last movie for me= spun

justin_credible
10-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Last movie I saw was Bad Santa (Badder Santa)... OK, I have watched it about a trillion times already and know the script inside out.

All in all... This is my favorite movie of all time.

It was kinda funny, but it's your favorite movie of ALL TIME? How many movies have you seen all time?

welshfreak
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I have lots of favourite movies, one of them being Gladiator, that rocks. It has it all. :cool guy: :kill:

FinalSolace2
10-02-2005, 04:34 PM
You my friend have good taste.
*winks gayishly at you*

Last movie for me= spun

spun is quite cool - but i didnt like the way that guy tied up the naked chick in the apartment for a whole week

and that guy spanking into a sock while chatting to blondy, and the wanker guys chick taking a huge noisy dump before sex, ewwwww

Sk8_or_DIE
10-02-2005, 04:40 PM
spun is quite cool - but i didnt like the way that guy tied up the naked chick in the apartment for a whole week

and that guy spanking into a sock while chatting to blondy, and the wanker guys chick taking a huge noisy dump before sex, ewwwww

heh well it seems you thought the movie was "quite cool" for all the wrong reasons.... unless you thought it wasnt mega super cool because she didnt get tied up for months. heh, that would be acceptable. :D

FinalSolace2
10-02-2005, 05:57 PM
heh well it seems you thought the movie was "quite cool" for all the wrong reasons.... unless you thought it wasnt mega super cool because she didnt get tied up for months. heh, that would be acceptable. :D

nah that bit was sad.... i liked the guy until i saw that- it makes me hate drugs just thinking about it- coz drugs could actually do stuff like that if strung out for so long. its a very realistic film IMO, allthough it may pertain not to be- but thats the point, its a trippy film.

but the way its filmed- it really mimicks the feeling of being tripped out but in visual form really well- the imagery and the way the characters react like they really are on crack..

the cartoony scene where he gets sucked into a giant cartoon p***y was realistic to the T.

but its the reason why i dont take drugs ever- NOTE: ive never taken hard or even medium drugs before- but maybe an overdosage of wayy smaller stuff.... i had my fun, but now the fads gone and is stupid in retrospect. like alot of fads in general.

Zod
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I saw Serenity today. It kicked ass and was surprisingly good for a TV-based movie.

Stevz
10-03-2005, 06:41 AM
It was kinda funny, but it's your favorite movie of ALL TIME? How many movies have you seen all time?
The films that have been out as of late havn't satisfied me as of yet (cept LOTR, Spidey 2) and most films seem to be turning to money makers than good films.

Well, I'm not the movie buff I'd use to be when I was a lad. Certain films are too blame... And the Internet. Always blame the Internet. My interests have changed since I got access to the WWW and I spend more time browsing and writing up projects on the comp than watching TV.

If one part of Bad Santa can convince that the film is good... NINTENDO DEER HUNTER THREE!!!

Nindalf
10-03-2005, 02:17 PM
East of Eden, A Rebel Without A Cause and Giant. James Dean Marathon, him being dead for 50 years and all.

MarionetteKazuk
10-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I just seen Flight Plan the other day. It was very good. It was the only good movie (non-animated) that I've seen for a while. I'll leave it as that for I do not want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.

FinalSolace2
10-22-2005, 08:16 AM
I just saw serenity....

absolutely fantstic film, there need to bring back the tv series pronto, it musnt be cheesy for one thing, and be shot in the lighting style and lens that 24 was shot, none of this buffy style **** or cheesy stargate sg1 type stories with arcs and ****.

the film has a perfect score for a film of its type, the story was incredibly solid, fantastic character development, excellent themes on real independance independance versus sterile fake imperialistic freedom. this was perfectly expressed in the battle between the alliance assasin and the serenity captain- both had the belief that their form of life was the right one.

people i guess fall into different camps

everyone wants freedom

freedom can be secure government that wants to destroy sin and provide security to its people so they feel safe- while the government will use very unorthadox and violent and greedy methods to achieve such ideals.

freedom can also be self justice, not wanting to be unfairly controlled by something bigger that doesnt take into account real life situations.

like processed fast food vurses quality prepared food.

theres so many variable that need to be accounted for in quality prepared food

where fast food gets rid of the variables, to provide a more generalised service.

now imagine all that food was people?

Nephlabobo
10-22-2005, 08:19 AM
The French Connection with Gene Hackman.

Slow.

Weak ending. I was disappointed.

Drunken Savior
10-22-2005, 08:24 AM
East of Eden, A Rebel Without A Cause and Giant. James Dean Marathon, him being dead for 50 years and all.

I've been to the site of his death many a times. Ironically, it's on the highway I take to go to Las Vegas. There's a diner there now, and the tree he slammed into is preserved. I always grab a bite to eat there since it marks 1/3 of the trip to Vegas done.

Nindalf
10-22-2005, 08:40 AM
He hit a tree? I always thought he only hit almost head on with another car. Did his car bounce to a tree after that or something?

Drunken Savior
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Huh. Your right. My bad (it's late). He hit another car. The reason I recalled the tree was that his memorial at the site was a tree with a metal like wrap around it. Never really knew why...always thought it was because he hit it but I was wrong. I'll stop and find out when I go to Vegas this Halloween.

Logan
10-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Last movie I saw was Cry Wolf. Great movie.

Temujin
10-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Fear and Loathing and Spun are awesome films :thumb-up: .

The last movie I saw was the new Guy Ritchie film Revolver. The movie got absolutley slated by the critics, but I think they were a bit harsh on it. It's a very ambitious movie and probably overly so. Guy ritchie trys to do so many different things in it that he kind of ruins it. For example, the plot is insanely hard to understand as it moves so fast.
But this movie is very different to many other movies as he does try new things i.e. the way the voice in the main characters head is portrayed.
I reckon this movie is definitley worth watching, but it's nowhere near as good as Lock Stock or Snatch :spinface: .

MarionetteKazuk
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
The last movie I saw was Final Fantasy Advant Children. Since I've only played about 2 minutes of a FF game I have no idea what the story is about, but the movie was good, very good cg.

Drunken Savior
10-22-2005, 03:38 PM
I saw Shaun of the Dead at the midnight movie last night. Bloody great film every time I watch it.

Temujin
10-22-2005, 05:27 PM
I saw Shaun of the Dead at the midnight movie last night. Bloody great film every time I watch it.

Shaun of the Dead is a quality movie :cool guy: . If you enjoyed that then I recommend a TV series from the creators of Shaun of the Dead called Spaced. Im not sure if it airs in America but maybe you could pick it up on DVD or summit.