PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Sunshine is the next system seller?!

Iori
06-21-2002, 11:19 AM
I am going to get a GameCube soon, main because Super Mario Sunshine is coming out in August! This game seems to have all the things it takes to be a decent platformer. Gamecube could've done a whole lot better if this game launches with the system.

Is Anyone going to get a Gamecube this summer?

Vicviper
06-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Already have a GC.

Mario Sunshine looks stunning. I just hope it's as long if not longer than Mario 64.

Black Ace
06-22-2002, 12:27 AM
I bought a GameCube about 8 months ago.

As for Mario Sunshine, the graphics are just average. However, the gameplay is what matters, from the impressions I read thus far, Mario Sunshine will be great.

Gamecube22
06-22-2002, 12:12 PM
It will sell systems.......no doubt about that. Everyone loves Mario. YOSHI IS BACK!!!!:cool: Japan will especially gobble this game up.

WINDJAMMERS
06-22-2002, 01:24 PM
I already have a Gamecube, and I think this game is going to be great.

Active X
06-23-2002, 08:02 PM
I'm getting a Gamecube when Mario Sunshine comes out too! The new Zelda and Metroid are also games I really want to play, but I sort of have to wait for the new Mario before I can buy the GC...it's tradition.

Vash
06-23-2002, 11:59 PM
i already own a GC and also will be buying this game ...

more so right now ... Eternal darkness comes out this week! :D

turkeyboy
06-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I figure the next system seller is coming out right now in the form of Eternal Darkness.

I agree that SMS will be a system seller and I will definitely be picking that up, but ED is coming out before SMS(right today in fact) and I believe this will sell systems as well.

Cobi*
06-26-2002, 11:41 AM
i don't think mario sunshine is a system seller. especially to those people who played mario 64. mario sunshine just looks like an upgraded version of that game (ofcourse, save for a few tweaks here and there, like that water gun). it will sell well but won't sell systems. nintendo just can't think of anything else to do with mario so they make games like mario sunshine.

i think nintendo's real system sellers are games like metroid prime, zelda (might be biased but zelda has a fresh feel to it this time around) and the resident evil series (why i bought a gamecube). i also think animal crossing will surprise alot of people. it's one of the games i'm most looking foward to this year!

Cobi*
06-26-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by turkeyboy
I figure the next system seller is coming out right now in the form of Eternal Darkness.

I agree that SMS will be a system seller and I will definitely be picking that up, but ED is coming out before SMS(right today in fact) and I believe this will sell systems as well.

yeah eternal darkness looks awesome. the only thing that bothers me about this game is the character models. they look really low-poly. if it weren't for all the effects and camera angles i might have confused this for a dreamcast game!! not up to gamecubes standards in terms of graphics.... doesn't mean it won't do well. graphics aren't everything...:D