PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts Movie in Development!

Overlord
06-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Allrpg.com:
Spong.com recently wrote an article stating that Disney plans to make a Kingdom Hearts movie based on Disney and Squaresoft's latest hit, Kingdom Hearts. If so this could dramatically draw attention to the game as well as a few Final Fantasy characters. The movie is in production right now and there has been no word on when and where it will be released. All has been said is that it is in production and maybe released sometime next year.

The movie will be based on the game Kingdom Hearts. It will follow the story line thoroughly and have the same characters as the game has. Kingdom Hearts has already been released in Japan, but Europe and America are still waiting. To check out the preview for Kingdom Hearts, click here. AllRPG.com will keep you updated if there is anymore talk about the movie.

Your Thoughts?

DBJAY
06-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Is the movie CG or hand drawn? If it is CG, that might be a good use of the tech behind Final Fantasy the Movie. If it is hand drawn, hopefully it will be a serious use of Disney Theatrical Animation, and not farmed out to the TV people who do those horrible sequels, like Peter Pan 2, Hunchback 2, etc.

ATMA
06-20-2002, 06:02 PM
Sounds great,Also wondering if its handdrawn or it will be just CG graphics??

King Takacs
06-21-2002, 08:19 PM
YUP it all depends on the animation that is choosen. CG would be too expensive i think so hand drawn is my guess.

hgblob
06-21-2002, 09:43 PM
Interesting :) They have all the big name actors voicing the characters in the game already, so we can pretty much expect who's going to be in the movie. I just hope it's not going to turn out to be a musical.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Perhaps that was part of the deal square will make a game version of the story while disney will make an animated version of the story!!who knows? But i think it's gonna be a good one!:D

Overlord
06-22-2002, 10:46 AM
Square has some of the best software in the Animation world. So they might make it. And Disney will do the script. The game would most likely have 3D-ish Toon animation. Or something.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Well didn't square said something they will only concentrate on games and won't do movie or animtaion anymore? so I think Disney will make this movie and it will probably be hand drawn kinda like the traditional disney way !!!

Overlord
06-22-2002, 11:58 AM
Square only said that, because they don't have enough money for movie projects. But Disney would be funding the movie all the way. And we all know how much they have.

ATMA
06-22-2002, 12:06 PM
So what role or part will disney play in KH movie??

Overlord
06-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Just money. And maybe some script suggestions. Everything in KH was Square planned out. Sqaure had a lot of fredom with it. It should be the same with movie.

Ther're also talking about a KH cartoon series right now. They already made toy figures, and even KH cup noodles!

Alucard
06-23-2002, 10:58 AM
I dont think Square is making the film. Disney will be making it. So expect it to look something along the lines of Atlantis or something.

Penance
06-24-2002, 01:34 PM
Why not have the game with Shrek like graphics? That might work good. But it would probably be classic Disney animation.

Seska
06-25-2002, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by hgblob
I just hope it's not going to turn out to be a musical.

Sometimes I think the only reason Disney has for making their movies into musicals, is so that they can win the best soundtrack/best song Academy award every year. :p

typexig
06-26-2002, 06:45 PM
wassup everyone..i got your mail ATMA...thanks for the concern...i havent been here cuz i've been really busy with my drawings..hehe...but anyways..ama try to post atleast ones a day..=).

bout this movie..if disney makes the movie, i hope that they get people from square to draw the squaresoft characters...they should work on the movies togerther equally..not just disney or all square.....but i have a good feeling bout this movie..i think it'll be a great movie for every ages..=)

-Xig-

ATMA
06-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Wow i also should start drawing more!!!
I also think that this movie will be great and i also think Disney and Square will work together on this one !!!
Time will tell !!!:cool:

Rubeus
06-27-2002, 10:48 PM
So Square is stepping into movie business again?!

Didn't they say they'd never do that again after the flop of FF Movie?

typexig
06-28-2002, 03:51 PM
i think square is not going to do it..maybe they'll just help out or soemthing..=)

-Xig-

hootie17
06-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by typexig
i think square is not going to do it..maybe they'll just help out or soemthing..=)

-Xig-

As i have stated before, i am not somone who would think Kingdom hearts would be a good game, but if it were to be a kids movie, which i think it would be a good one, square i think would only get involved in the characterization of the FF characters.