PDA

View Full Version : Official E3 Awards 2K2!

Overlord
06-18-2002, 08:02 PM
-+Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2002+-

Best of Show: DOOM III

Runner-up: The Legend of Zelda

Best Original Game: Psychonauts

Runner-up: Blinx: The Time Sweeper

Best PC Game: DOOM III

Runner-up: Neverwinter Nights

Best Console Game: The Legend of Zelda

Runner-up: The Getaway

Best Console Hardware: WaveBird Wireless Controller

Runner-up: Steel Battalion Controller

Best Action Game: DOOM III

Runner-up: Metroid Prime

Best Action/Adventure Game: Splinter Cell

Runner-up: Super Mario Sunshine

Best Fighting Game: Tekken 4

Runner-up: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee

Best Role Playing Game: Neverwinter Nights

Runner-up: Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Best Racing Game: Auto Modellista

Runner-up: Colin McRae Racing 3

Best Simulation Game: The Sims Online

Runner-up: Simcity 4

Best Sports Game: NFL 2K3

Runner-up: Madden NFL 2003

Best Strategy Game: Command and Conquer Generals

Runner-up: Age of Mythology

Best Online Multiplayer: Star Wars Galaxies

Runner-up: The Sims Online

Special Commendation for Sound: DOOM III

Special Commendation for Graphics: DOOM III

-Source. (http://e3awards.com/win.html)

Your Thoughts?

Cobi*
06-19-2002, 01:55 AM
hmmm, none of the games i'm really looking foward to like dmc2, xenosaga, panzer dragoon orta or zone of the enders 2 are on the list...

how come doom 3 ranked so high at this years show? i thought it was just a video. can someone please tell me how this game plays?

Overlord
06-19-2002, 03:31 AM
cobi40-50:
how come doom 3 ranked so high at this years show? i thought it was just a video. can someone please tell me how this game plays?

I think that there is a rule that says, there has to be a playable version of the game to be nominated. And I heard that there was a playable version of DOOM III behind doors.

...I personally liked the older Doom games. So I am awaiting this one. The game should play like the older ones. But this time, there will be more of a horror atomosphere. And the movie that they showed at E3 was all in real-time! But the game won't be out till sometime in 2003.

Seska
06-19-2002, 05:13 AM
Judging from the video that was leaked showing gameplay of Doom III, I hardly believe it will play ANYTHING like the old doom games at all. At most, thre were about 3-4 enemies on screen at once, and while the game dos have a creepier feel about it, it feels more like Resident Evil than Doom, IMHO.

What IS like the old Doom games is the setting, that is, gate to hell is open, creepy crap is crawling out of it and one sole marine has to close it. I am all for it, it seems incredibly creepy, and I woudlnt mind such an experience on PC - there aren't many creepy games out at the moment.

The only game that came close to playing like Doom did, was Serious Sam - it was a lot of hectic shooting and killing up to 100 enemies at one time on screen. What made Doom cool was this hectic shootemup feeling, walking into a dark hall with a lit pedestal holding a f**koff huge weapon that, as soon as you picked it up, would have a dozen cyberdemons and about 50 imps spawn behind you. Serious Sam was a lot like that, but most FPS games seem to be going for the "less enemies on screen at once" approach. Must be the limitations of current game engines, and I hope the Doom III engine doesnt have those limitations either.

King Takacs
06-19-2002, 04:35 PM
Best Role Playing Game: humm i think StarWars should of taken that

Best Sports Game: should have been Madden it's so much better then the 2k series.

Black Sugar
06-19-2002, 05:15 PM
So many nomination for so many half-done games!

they could at least said "Most promising game of the show" or something

E3 games, are like movie trailer....

The trailers might look good, but that doesn't mean that the final product will be!

Darren
06-19-2002, 08:58 PM
cool

Penance
06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
Looks as if it's a good time to be a PC gamer. I wasn't really surprised that Doom III won though.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-25-2002, 03:26 PM
Eh, I'm just happy that Zelda won best console game.

Penance
06-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Most people expected Nintendo games to get the best console game awards. So if Getaway got runner-up. I'd say that thats going to be a really good game. I originally expected Metriod Prime to get Best of Console.