PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express memory problem

Vicviper
08-17-2003, 07:11 PM
OK. I'm using Outlook Express and I think it's version 5. Every now and again when I'm trying to reply to and email that I have received or if I'm trying to create a new Email I get an error stating that I don't have enough memory to perform these tasks. My email box is practically empt y. I've deleted sent messages and deleted messages so I know there is enough room. Does anybody know where I need to go to adjust the size of my outlook?

Thanks.

Rubeus
08-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Did you try compacting your mailboxes and empty the trash?

Joe Redifer
08-17-2003, 08:55 PM
By the way, Vic has Windows 2000 Professional, in case that helps come up with any solutions.

Also "trash" is not politically correct. It's "Recycle Bin" in the Windows world. "Trash" is only for those loser Mac users who don't get viruses and stuff.

Rubeus
08-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Also "trash" is not politically correct. It's "Recycle Bin" in the Windows world. "Trash" is only for those loser Mac users who don't get viruses and stuff.

I am talking about the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook Express.

Vicviper
08-18-2003, 03:26 PM
yeah everything is clean. I've cleaned the "sent items" and "deleted items" But I know there is a place where I can increase the size of memory for outlook express and that is where I need someone's help.

Alucard
08-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Its so hard to figure out if you dont have the thing infront of you... hmm.. How long has it been doing this? Whats the stats of your PC, ram and cpu wise? When was the last time you did a fresh format/reinstall of windows? Are you using a PC in some computer lab? That should give me some sort of idea with the answers hopefully..

Rubeus
08-18-2003, 06:24 PM
1. Try "File | Folders | Compact All Folders".

2. Try to upgrade to Outlook Express 6.

zlatan24
11-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I have heard about one tool and downloaded it. To my great surprise the software could work out my old troubles. Above it the program would be usable for solving any composite proposition in my opinion - extract messages from dbx (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/dbx_extract.html).