PDA

View Full Version : Euro FFX-2 published by EA!?!

Nem
08-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Okay, since i saw a post of someone here on the forums (cant recal wich thread) that mentioned that the euro version of FFX-2 would come out before the US one that ive been puzzled...
Thus i performed an extensive search and even though the "playstation.com" doesnt seem to have the game listed anywhere i went to a games shopping site that listed FFX-2 release date to be the 26th of september... i doubt this date until now but what really caught my eye was that today i went to the same site and where previously they had an annanounced publisher now they have EA and a complete detail list of the game:yikes: !! (and yes i naturally checked the square-enix eu site that seems to be dead since the merge took place)

So did EA went for europe after seeing their US agreement with square end? Seems like EA is still on the grabs for some FF $$$!!

oh and heres the link:
http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10239&mid=321484

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Woah!! ?44.99 WTF? never shopping there. :eek:

Anyway that's cool, EA will do a better job then SCEE ever have that's EA and Atari they have publishing deals with in EU now excellent stuff still don't think we'll get it on 26th September though but fingers-crossed. :big smile

Seska
08-15-2003, 04:14 AM
Well, its not up to EA when its released, its up to Square Europe - or rather, Square-Enix-Europe. :p They do the localizing in coordination with Japan and the US, EA just has to publish and distribute.

Pilotwings
08-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Seska
Well, its not up to EA when its released, its up to Square Europe - or rather, Square-Enix-Europe. :p They do the localizing in coordination with Japan and the US, EA just has to publish and distribute.

what % does publisher gets from sales? i'm guessing more than the developer a bit, like 55%-60%. ???

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2003, 05:41 AM
exactly Seska that's why I'm expecting a delay we've only ever got one Squaresoft game before America and come to think of it we've only ever had to Enix games full-stop.

Magnus
08-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
come to think of it we've only ever had to Enix games full-stop.
Was that this generation, last generation or overall? I could have sworn that a lot of Enix games made it to Europe overall.

ATMA
08-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by godlessgod
Was that this generation, last generation or overall? I could have sworn that a lot of Enix games made it to Europe overall.

Nope not alot ..I know that Enix didn't bring alot of their titles here in Europe..I know though they did bring one out that the US didn't had, and that was Terranigma. The previous generation and this one also hasn't seen much of Enix in the Pal regions. Star Ocean 2, Dragon Quest/Warrior 7 never saw Pal. I know though on the Gameboy you can get the Dragon Quest monster caravan 1 & 2 in the shops here in Europe. Even Dragon Quest 1,2,3 wich was rereleased on the Gameboy color was never released here in Europe.

I think that's why alot of European rpg fans jumped up and down when they heard that Square will handle the publishing for Square-Enix games outside Japan. They just knew their chances of playing Star Ocean 3 and other Enix made rpg grew that day.

Magnus
08-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ATMA
Star Ocean 2, Dragon Quest/Warrior 7 never saw Pal.
I might be misquoting you here, but I do know that Star Ocean 2 came out in PAL format.

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Yep.

Terranigma (snes)
and
Star Ocean 2 (PsOne)

are the only two there's ever released here all generations sigh...good think we can import PsOne games to play on a PAL PsOne.
Anyhow now that they've merged like someone said Square-Enix have signed deals with SCEE, Atari and now EA it would seem to get there games out here and Star Ocean 3 and Drag-On-Dragoon have already been confirmed for EU release the merge was the best thing to happen in along time. :D

megajo53
08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that if European Gamers bought more Enix games, they would have more incentive to release them there......

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2003, 02:15 PM
How can they know by releasing only two titles??? let's face it Star Ocean has always been a niche market...

but things are looking up more RPG's reach here now then they did on the PsOne Arc The Lad: Twlight Of The Spirits has just been confirmed for UK only release in Jan 2004 woohoo!! anyone here played it?

Nem
08-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001 but things are looking up more RPG's reach here now then they did on the PsOne Arc The Lad: Twlight Of The Spirits has just been confirmed for UK only release in Jan 2004 woohoo!! anyone here played it? [/B]

Yeah! I played it... it kinda bored me to hell and i didnt even bother to kill the final boss since it was such a deja vu from the previous games in the series! But since europeans didnt even saw the least bit of another arc the lad title i suppose the originality index rises for this one! Anyways seeing the RPG draght in europe right now i still advise fans to go for this one!

Escaflowne2001
08-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Are you in EU aswell Nem? between now and christmas is quite a busy time for RPG's we're seeing Unlimited SaGa (Atari), Breath Of Fire 5 (Capcom), Dark Cloud 2 (SCEE) and FFX-2/FF:CC (Square) all by christmas that's a hell of alot for EU.

Nem
08-15-2003, 10:47 PM
Well you have a point there Escaflowne2001 but seems like most of them arent worth much... in the end its all a matter or taste though... Thats why im gonna buy the euro versions of both FFs even though reviews arent great! But it would be a much greater season if konami and manco released suikoden and xenosaga... damn them for not doing it...

ATMA
08-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by godlessgod
I might be misquoting you here, but I do know that Star Ocean 2 came out in PAL format.

Really?? A Pal version? Hmm have to look into that, I never saw it here in Holland and none of my rpg friends ever talked about this game as if they never played it and yet they are well informed. I might be wrong though..anyways I got the US version too bad about the voice acting though.

Escaflowne2001
08-16-2003, 03:14 PM
I think it's super rare I've never seen it in the shops the only I ever managed to find it was a ex-rental version from blockbusters.

as to Nem that's true but apart from the Final Fantasy's I reckon Breath Of Fire and Unlimited SaGa will be fun to me aswell. :)

Nem
08-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Escaflowne2001
as to Nem that's true but apart from the Final Fantasy's I reckon Breath Of Fire and Unlimited SaGa will be fun to me aswell. :)

If you like a bit more than a challenge than i guess youll like them, since both are extremelly hard (here i can vouch for BOF since i already played it and it really is quite the challenge)! But be carefull with BOF anyways since its more a dungeon crawller then a sequal to the series (you probably already knew that i guess:D !)