PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With A CD-Rewriteable Drive...

Badboon
06-14-2002, 03:11 PM
I recently bought a used QUE! CD-Rewritable Drive and I am having trouble getting it to work!
My main problem is that the disc tray will not open and the solution the manual gave wasn't very helpful. All of the other problems mentioned below all seem to some how be connected to this one disk tray problem.
Whenever the Installation CD tries to install Direct CD (since it installs Easy CD-Creator and Direct CD software) it causes my computer to freeze upon start-up, so I've had to uninstall Direct CD.
To make matters worst, important device drivers and such (like USB device drivers) that are suppose to be installed by the Installation CD aren't being installed for some odd reason.
I never thought that installing an external CDRW drive could be such a huge headache! Had I known, I would've simply have saved money for a whole new computer that comes with an internal CDRW drive instead!
Anyways, if anyone can offer any assistance with this big problem of mine, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.

Vash
06-17-2002, 07:50 AM
yea external CD-RW's are a pain in the ass ...

can u tell more of your PC spec's?

mainly your OS

Badboon
06-21-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm not too sure what "OS" means (excuse my ignorance), but if it's what I think it is, then my OS is Windows 98.