PDA

View Full Version : New Half Life 2 details

Alucard
08-06-2003, 05:21 AM
http://www.half-lifenews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=interviews&file=valve

There you go. A lovely IRC chat from the makers of the game giving us more tidbits. All vehicles mod'able...mmmmmm!

Seska
08-06-2003, 01:57 PM
<techseekers|techseek>
After watching the docks video, is that the AI for the headcrab zombie that makes it throw the object at you or is it a scripted action. eg. does the enemy AI have some intelligence like firing at explosive barrels when your near them or throwing objects at you?

<valve|gaben>
The zombie is aware of objects in the environment. His AI realizes when he can throw an object at you and applies the appropriate physics forces to make it happen. The zombies are not scripted to throw specific barrels; it's all tactical.

Mmm, Im begining to have high hopes for the AI in the game!

insteefy
08-06-2003, 06:02 PM
in less then 10 years they will have created this uber haxing A.I. that will be so uber to the human form (and beyond), that in teh end, we'll have to crack it down and start all over again :irked"

MoMo
08-08-2003, 03:53 AM
I dont want AI to become too realistic...in the future and now..things mite go wrong..

Nindalf
08-08-2003, 04:03 AM
Someone has been watching too much Terminator and Matrix :sing:

So what if there is some super advanced lot of machines who has all the knowledge of the history, they are just stupid machines, they are not dangerous.

Besides, You can always just unplug them if they get cocky.

Drunken Savior
08-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Pft, I just want AI to get well enough so my damn toast isn't burned when I put a slice in the toaster.

Cobi*
08-08-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by NiN
Besides, You can always just unplug them if they get cocky.

not if they're SOLAR POWERED!!! :yikes:

"solar power, pfft, when will people learn?!" the simpsons

Renegade X
08-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Machines will never be self aware like in the Matrix and Terminator... Thats what makes humans different from machines... and until we fully understand every that goes on in our OWN HUMAN minds we will never beable to play God with a hunk of metal, chips, and wires. Now thats not to say that the AI will get more and more life like in gaming but there will never be a fully self aware computer that manufactures hordes of machines that are hell bent on taking over the world and if you buy into this whole we'll one day be the pets of robots crud, your an idiot... like we would really be that stupid, good lord, scientists... sometimes I wonder how much weed they hit a week.