PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Legion anybody?

Sinful Sam
08-04-2003, 03:38 AM
So is anybody going to get or already have the game? I?m interested in the game, but I have a mixed feeling about it. I been seeing positive and some negative reviews about CL. It looks and plays kind like Devil May Cry which isn?t bad thing, but some of you guys dislike it. DMC2 did sucked though.

From what I heard about Chaos Legion: You can absorb enemy?s souls to get your legion stronger and gain experience similar to Onimusha. This game has more action involved then DMC because there isn?t much to explore or solve. You gain more legions when you defeat bosses, and there is some sort of twist that happens in the middle of the game. You unlock a hard mode and a secret character when you beat it on normal.

So what are your thoughts?

ATMA
08-04-2003, 04:37 AM
A friend of mine who imported it a time ago had good things to say about it..I was suppose to drop by his place to check the game out, but I never had the time to go pay him a visit. (he's probably in Japan again anyways)

But Edge magazine or was it Games magazine gave the game a really bad score one wich even kinda took me by suprise, I think they gave it a 3 or something. Other then that I haven't seen any other review except that Famitsu gave it an average score (I think)

IMO the game does look promising and i'm willing to try it, I might pick it up eventualy.

Seska
08-04-2003, 05:40 AM
I played the game for about 20 mins, not much more, for a brief feel of it. IT seemed okay, though what I didnt like about it was that the levels seem to be split in "sections", with a buncha enemies in them that you have to clear before moving onto the next section. It woudln't be so bad if the sections werent that small and limited in design, but I guess the variety of legions and the managing/leveling up of them make up for some variety that the level design may lack.

Then again, that was just the first 20 mins, but I doubt the structuring of the game as far as progressing through dungeons goes, will be much different later on.

ATMA
08-04-2003, 07:18 AM
From what I heard the entire game is splited in "sections" (it might be hardware limitation) from what I understand there's alot going on on the screen during combat.You have tons of enemies and you'll have your own legions..prety sure stuff will blow up here and there, all in all it should be a good beat em up game.

Edit: The Japanese boxart (http://www.therage.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-p2j-ChaosLegend.html?L+scstore+pniy5977+1072798675) is prety nice IMO.

goodcharlotte
08-04-2003, 08:06 AM
i have finish the game about 2 months ago,
spoilers are coming through >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> and the boss are very easy to beat, first you kill the man who turns into a monster and than the evil woman and finish.... you win it....and you listen to this very good song and you get a bonus so on....

Escaflowne2001
08-04-2003, 09:53 AM
I think it looks pretty good I'll be getting it in September when it's release here. :)

Escaflowne2001
08-04-2003, 09:54 AM
I think it looks pretty good I'll be getting it in September when it's release here. :)

sin75
08-04-2003, 10:26 AM
I thought this game was good graphically but for gameplay haven't played enough to judge it yet... currently playing Hulk. GUGUGUGUGHHh!! finally a good Marvel Comic game on a game console!!

folken001
08-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Juste
So is anybody going to get or already have the game? I?m interested in the game, but I have a mixed feeling about it. I been seeing positive and some negative reviews about CL. It looks and plays kind like Devil May Cry which isn?t bad thing, but some of you guys dislike it. DMC2 did sucked though.

From what I heard about Chaos Legion: You can absorb enemy?s souls to get your legion stronger and gain experience similar to Onimusha. This game has more action involved then DMC because there isn?t much to explore or solve. You gain more legions when you defeat bosses, and there is some sort of twist that happens in the middle of the game. You unlock a hard mode and a secret character when you beat it on normal.

So what are your thoughts?

Game is pretty good, imo. Even though it gets really repetitive towards the end. The main character's movement and attacks are much more limited than Dante from DMC. The flaw of the game is the Legions or whatever they are called. They are cool and all but it is kinda hard to die with them around all the time. The graphics is good , the sound is good and the story is also pretty decent. I think anyone who owns a PS2 should try it out.

gearhound1
08-04-2003, 04:53 PM
i will definately buy chaos legions. it looks reallt tight. i bet the music is incredible....is it?