PDA

View Full Version : Happy meal hardware...

shogun221
08-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Over here in the States, Sega is running a promotion with McDonalds, packaging little LCD handheld games (kinda like the Tiger ones we saw in the 80's) based on their famous franchises. I'm curious- has anyone gotten their hands on one of these? is it worth spending my $3-$4 to get one?(along with some tasty tasty food?) I was thinking about swallowing my pride and picking up a Sonic one.

Joe Redifer
08-04-2003, 01:48 AM
Forum member Vicviper wanted to get a Happy Meal to see what this was all about, but for some reason we ended up going somewhere else (he is usually in the mood to have a certain type of fast food, but when the time comes to actually get the food, his mood changes to a different type of fast food). I'd be angry because there isn't enough food in the Happy Meal to fill me up. It was great when I was a kid, but now I need like 5 cheeseburgers and 52 McNuggets and now I am getting very hungry. I guess I could order that stuff in addition to the Happy Meal. Problem is I'm not that smart.

I'd say go for it and see what it's all about.

sin75
08-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Joe Redifer: Problem is I'm not that smart. I'd say go for it and see what it's all about.

you mean to say you're not stupid enough like an 8 year old kid to say to the Mc Donald cashier " I wanna buy that Sega toy thing"??? :big smile hehe don't worry I got the same problem... poor us..

Sinful Sam
08-04-2003, 03:53 AM
Eh, I wouldn?t bother. They were handing them out during E3 and I snatched a handful. You?ll probably play them for five min and won?t want to play them again. It?s not worth the embarrassment. Unless you love Game & Watch games.

shogun221
08-05-2003, 10:28 PM
mmm...game and watch....*drools

Actually, I might end up going over and getting one next time I get the urge to eat some McGrease. I'll be sure to post a review:spinface:

Vicviper
08-06-2003, 11:24 AM
I did it. I went and bought 2 Happy Meals, because 1 isn't filling enough, and I got 2 of the same game. The games are OK for little free games. The whole experience lasts about 3 minutes and then the game is over. beaten. done for. I don't even know where I set the game down or I might play it again.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I got thos things and they're weak. No depth at all. I want to know who developed these "gems" so I can make them play their "masterpieces" as "punishment"

wait.. scratch the quotation marks on punishment

Btw, I beat that Sonic Kart ripoff.. *SPOILER!!11!*

The karts were right in front of you and you didn't get hit/had time to dodge.. what was that!? Someone needs to check on the hitbox/ major clipping issues..

eASY eDITOR
08-12-2003, 12:10 PM
surely they'll have some collectable value? or are they that crap?

Drunken Savior
08-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Remember the McDonalds Sonic the Hedgehog 3 promotion? I still have the Sonic one somewhere....

Sinful Sam
08-13-2003, 12:41 AM
I still have my Mario Bros. 3 toys from Mc Donalds, somewere in the garage. I never got the Sonic 3 toys but I remember them.

Jack in the Box used to sell the Sega Genesis games for pc, and they where pretty cheap. I'd rather see more of that happening.