PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Vengence

SpaceManSpiff
08-01-2003, 08:00 AM
Wow!! this is the first news ive seen of a new Tribes game. I love tribes!!:spinface: tribes:vengeance (http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/)

http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/02.jpg http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/01.jpg http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/03.jpg http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/04.jpg

Kid0_oIcarus
08-01-2003, 09:49 AM
you want me to beat you with da stick, don't you?

I've only been talking about this since the dawn of this board's time!

YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE! I SAID IT FIRST!! ME FIRST! ME ME ME!

btw, first evar video is out now (just assembled ragdoll footage)

here is the link to the article-
http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/august03/mahnken/

here is a link to the video (note the compression is MPEG2, so you may need a coded- wtf where these guys NOT thinking!?)

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/128519.shtml (162 MB)

NOTE: This is the ragdoll video, and only 35% of the game is done (pre-alpha) so bear that in mind. W00t! Tribes rocks!1!

Oh yeah, some guys are working on better compression.. I'll update once that's done.. oh and I hate fileplanet

SpaceManSpiff
08-01-2003, 10:20 AM
well im bent over, you got the stick?:P

Tribes Tribes Tribes Tribes!!!!:spinface:

SpaceManSpiff
08-01-2003, 10:35 AM
hmm, ive noticed 2 things that I think are bad about Tribes: vengeance. First, there are only 4 vehicles, which is 2 less than Tribes 2:( . And they say they are not gonna have as much in-game support for Tribes(clans) which is dumb.:crazy: But everything else sounds and looks awesome.:cool guy:

Kid0_oIcarus
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Well, I still waant to see what vehicles they have in.. but I think it'll be okay. :D

Oh and the support will cover what you need in-game, aeverything else will be external (www) though (I'm guessing t-mail, forums and the player/clan browser will be gone. Though those did rock)

I know one of the vehicles has got to be the be the shrike (or similar) it's gotta be.. the other a transport (maybe?) then.. i really don't know.. heh we'll see I guess.

SpaceManSpiff
08-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Well they gotta have a bomber, and a jericho. I guess I can live without the grav tank, and they really dont need the grav cycle(I hardly use it anyways.) oooo I cant wait to see what the motar blast looks like.:spinface:

I guess my tribe will have to make a web site on the net now:irked" sigh...no more t-mail:crying:

Alucard
08-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Take note Halo you RIPOFF game! This is how its done properly!

gearhound1
08-09-2003, 11:31 PM
this games does look nice. i thought the ps2 tribes was a massive pile of mokey poo. besides, halo 2 is gonna rip all to shreads.

note: i am not an xbox fanboy:2happy:

SpaceManSpiff
08-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by gearhound
this games does look nice. i thought the ps2 tribes was a massive pile of mokey poo. besides, halo 2 is gonna rip all to shreads.

note: i am not an xbox fanboy:2happy:

Halo will do better than tribes for console, but Tribes will do better than halo for console and halo on computer combined.

Seska
08-10-2003, 06:25 AM
4 vehicles only? Sheesh, maybe they should let their programmers play a game or two of Battlefield 1942 to see how its REALLY done.

MoMo
08-10-2003, 02:30 PM
What makes Tribe so fun?

Alucard
08-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Same reason everyone seems to think Halo is so much fun. Only the levels are larger and theres way more people. etc etc things I've forgotten.

Renegade X
08-11-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
Same reason everyone seems to think Halo is so much fun. Only the levels are larger and theres way more people. etc etc things I've forgotten.

No, what makes Halo so much fun is that it's a great SINGLE PLAYER game... you have to have be a online gaming buff to enjoy any of the Tribes games. And please, after Tribes 2, Halo owns it... if Tribes Vengence has a good singleplayer mode, then maybe it would own Halo... but just Halo. I'm with gearhound... oh god the world is endding, I can't believe I said that... Halo 2 owns right now well after HL2 that is.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Quiet you ninnies!!

Tribes clearly set forth the whole "massive" multiplayer experience. Oh and don't even bring up the whole Tribes 2 catastrophe.. if you were lucky enough to run it, you could have fun with it (provided you did not miss the speed of Tribes)

Regardless, Halo was clearly influenced by Tribes and you cannot deny that. of course, changes took place once MS bought it- but you can still see the resemblance, particularly in multiplayer... for which even your beloved Battle 1942 gives a nod to. Though Halo may have superior physics, neither it nor 1942 have (yet) what makes the Tribes franchise great- jetpacks. And with Vengeance, Irrational Games looks to deliver a solid single-player experience and, of course, bring back the excellent multiplayer.

Sweet times, here we come... (Q4 2004)

Alucard
08-11-2003, 12:39 PM
What the alien said. Tribes was intended as a multiplayer game through and through. Halo's single player game is NOTHING special. Deus Ex ownz it. Oh Kid, 1942 NOW has Jetpacks! :D

Kid0_oIcarus
08-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I know. Though I have yet to experience them myself, so I know not what kind of jetpacks they be.

Renegade X
08-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Um, can I just say, whooptedo to the whole jetpack hoopla? Well too late, already did. Personally I'd rather have a Jet than and Jetpack... drop some bomb or fire off some missles... to a kamakazi dive, bail out and cause even more havoc by dropping 'nades and dynamite on the poor fools below, thats gaming goodness my fellow forum goes. Plus I love the new Allied engineer primary weapon, finally... the shotgun gets it's stake in Secret Weapons of WWII.

gearhound1
08-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Renegade X
No, what makes Halo so much fun is that it's a great SINGLE PLAYER game... you have to have be a online gaming buff to enjoy any of the Tribes games. And please, after Tribes 2, Halo owns it... if Tribes Vengence has a good singleplayer mode, then maybe it would own Halo... but just Halo. I'm with gearhound... oh god the world is endding, I can't believe I said that... Halo 2 owns right now well after HL2 that is.

i think we agree on many subjects!! :cool guy:

i am pretty sure you have agreed with me may times, renegade.:big smile

Kid0_oIcarus
09-02-2003, 10:17 AM
heh,

well I figured I'd best post up more links to screenshots for the disbelievers...

http://www.tribalwar.com/media/images/32/tribesV_082103_002a.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/tribesvengeance_083103_001.jpg

IGN Link to more.. (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/mediaviewer.jsp?fromint=1&page_title=Tribes%3A+Vengeance&channel_id=59&site=pchub&pagetype=medialist&adtag=network%3Dign&object_id=497075l)

TribalWar's media link (http://www.tribalwar.com/media/)

Nindalf
09-02-2003, 10:21 AM
And you only need 4.7 Ghz to play the game! Have fun!

I need to undate my computer, but I just dont want to bother...

Kid0_oIcarus
09-02-2003, 05:25 PM
nah bro, here read this:

Thrax Panda @ Irrational
To be quite honest with you, when I'm taking screenshots I tend to get crappy frame rates, because I have everything cranked to the max:

Anti-Aliasing: 6x
Ansotropic Filtering 16x
Texture Preference: High Quality
Mipmap Detail: High Quality
Resolution 1600x1200 (normally) or 1280x768 (wide screen).

AA cranked up at 1600x1200 will pretty much kill any game on my home PC:

Athlon 1200
512 MB RAM
ATI 9500

But 1280x768 is "serviceable". Low FPS is about 15, high about 45 for that. If I turn the AA & AF down to 2x and drop the Texture and mipmap prefs down a bit then my FPS runs about 25 to 80 depending on what I'm looking at.

Of course, none of this is optimized yet, so take it all with a grain of salt.

gearhound1
09-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by SpaceManSpiff
Halo will do better than tribes for console, but Tribes will do better than halo for console and halo on computer combined.

that post doesn't make any sense. halo will probably not sell as much as vengeance on the PC(that is a no-brainer), but HALO 2 is a different story.

note: tribes on the ps2 was a piece of shi-t.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Yeah- but that's because Tribes could never be anything other than a PC game- hence, why no console is going to see Vengeance. ;)

Seska
09-04-2003, 05:56 AM
BAh, Halo Schmalo. Call of duty beats the SP experience of Halo, and BAttlefield bits the online experience.

Battlefield online is CRACK, I tell you! Stay away from it!

ravscloC
09-23-2003, 10:04 PM
If Vengeance pays more homage to the original Tribes than Tribes2, it's going to rock...!

The biggest thing I missed was the speed of T1, and that seems to be being addressed. So far, Vengeance looks awesome, but I won't get my hopes up yet, for as much as I loved Tribes1 (2nd on my all time list), Tribes2 could hardly be labeled a classic IMO.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Well T2's got Classic now bro, and though it isn't T1- it's close enough that the new weapons and tactics along with the speed of classic make the game fun to play.

Btw, T2 is now $10 and if you pick up the box with the gold border it has all the latest patches with it. I'd say you all need to pick it up and start learning if you don't want to be schooled by your truly when it's time to duel..

SpaceManSpiff
09-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Renegade X
Um, can I just say, whooptedo to the whole jetpack hoopla? Well too late, already did. Personally I'd rather have a Jet than and Jetpack... drop some bomb or fire off some missles... to a kamakazi dive, bail out and cause even more havoc by dropping 'nades and dynamite on the poor fools below, thats gaming goodness my fellow forum goes. Plus I love the new Allied engineer primary weapon, finally... the shotgun gets it's stake in Secret Weapons of WWII.

You can do pretty much all that you said there in Tribes 2. You get vehicles too.

Kid0_oIcarus : what is your name on tribes 2? do you still play it often. I play it about every other day for at least an hour or two.

Nindalf
10-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I have totally forgotten this topic... Anyway:

Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
nah bro, here read this:

Thrax Panda @ Irrational
To be quite honest with you, when I'm taking screenshots I tend to get crappy frame rates, because I have everything cranked to the max:

Anti-Aliasing: 6x
Ansotropic Filtering 16x
Texture Preference: High Quality
Mipmap Detail: High Quality
Resolution 1600x1200 (normally) or 1280x768 (wide screen).

AA cranked up at 1600x1200 will pretty much kill any game on my home PC:

Athlon 1200
512 MB RAM
ATI 9500

But 1280x768 is "serviceable". Low FPS is about 15, high about 45 for that. If I turn the AA & AF down to 2x and drop the Texture and mipmap prefs down a bit then my FPS runs about 25 to 80 depending on what I'm looking at.

Of course, none of this is optimized yet, so take it all with a grain of salt.

What I'm seeing is alot of big numbers, but it means nothing to me. Computers = Way too complicated.

Anyhow, Could someone tell me the system requirments for Tribes 2, I can't find them, because I'm lazy.

SpaceManSpiff
10-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Well I can run it alright on my computer:

800mhz (athlon)
196mb sdram
geforce2 mx 32mb

But I also have broadband. Though even with that I have to turn a bit of the graphics down, but the game is still very very playable.
It can lag a bit with dial-up though.

Aah, here is what it says on the box for minimum requirements.

-Windows 95 or better
-64mb of ram, (128 suggested)
-Cpu depends on your graphics card.
-300mhz= Geforce&Geforce2, ATI Rage 128
- 400mhz= TNT, TNT2 Radeon Matrox G400&G450 Voodoo 3
-500mhz= Voodoo2,4,5,Kyro Permedla3

Those are just minimum, so at that you could run it but it wouldnt be playable at all.

My system is probably the minimum if you actually want to play it online, and thats only cuz I have broadband. It wasnt near as fun with dial-up, I get lots more kills now.
:D

Nindalf
10-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the info Spiff.

I have 700Mhz and that's all I know... I really should have not lost that computer paper with all the info...

Well... Guess I can give it a spin, I need some PC games for a change. Haven't bought one since Warcraft III.

Kid0_oIcarus
10-19-2003, 07:09 AM
Alright- back in town after a little trip.

Just found out there's been like 30 screenshots posted at some website. Will update with the info.

This looks like it's going to rock, Tribes-fans! ('course, I never doubted that ;) )

EDIT-

http://www.pcgames.de/external/browser/?article_id=234921

Alright! Got it! Look at that new vehicle! It looks painful! Yay!

SpaceManSpiff
10-19-2003, 07:15 AM
on the bottom of the screenshot it says 49% complete as of sept. 19, 2003. So its probably like 55% done now. Thats more than half!!:spinface:

Kid0_oIcarus
11-26-2003, 07:42 PM
http://www.tribalwar.com/media/images/12/m15_0041-tw-1280.jpg

ENOUGH SAID

SpaceManSpiff
11-26-2003, 09:19 PM
What tribe is that yellow guy?

Kid0_oIcarus
12-01-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to respond bro- I check this board like once a month or so...

Anyway, that's a Blood Eagle heavy on the right and a Children of the Phoenix heavy on the left. Ha, my mind actually went blank there for a second.. it was like.. Children of the who?

*Ahem* Regardless, that should answer you question. But the real question u should be asking is, "But is she hawt!?" Er.. I mean, "But will it rawk!?" To which of course the answer is, "Oh hell yeah baby, yeah!"

SpaceManSpiff
12-01-2003, 09:22 PM
I thought that was them, it looks a little different than in Tribes 2. I just looked in my manual, and they are the Harbringers or Phoenix, formerly children of Phoenix. Not that it really matters though, as long as you kill everyone with a red arrow over their head hehe:haha:

Is there any news about new tribes or species, instead of just he humans and bioderms?

Kid0_oIcarus
12-02-2003, 07:29 PM
No new species, and the space orcs are gone (this game takes place before T2). Besides, the REAL bioderms were never meant to look like space orcs anyway.

There will be two (or three?) tribes I think.. and the Empire.. I know the Diamond Sword won't be there, because this took place before their time.. and I can't remember if the Star Wolf would be there either...