PDA

View Full Version : The Valve Curse has OFFICALLY hit (aka Half Life 2 DELAYED)

Renegade X
07-31-2003, 01:23 AM
If you didn't see this coming shame on you, if you did... then this is no surprise. A few days back (July 29th) Vivendi Universal announced that Half Life 2 would not meet it's September 30th deadline. The new deadline is... and drum roll please.......... Some time in the 2003 holiday season. Generally this wouldn't be much of a groan and whine our pouring for a normal developer, but this isn't a normal developer we're talking about... this is Valve we're talking about... Former developers of Counter-Strike Condition Zero and Team Fortress 2... I don't think if would be out of line in asking all my fellow PC gamers here that we should breath a groan of disappointment at this time.

Alucard
07-31-2003, 01:42 AM
Well not really. September was always too recent a release. I never believed this for a moment. And considering all the stores had a date of november/december for it, their Sept deadline was basically ignored by me.

megajo53
07-31-2003, 02:02 AM
I don't really see why anybody would be surprised when a big game gets a delay, its been a increasing trend in gaming companies. I gives the developers more time to fix or improve upon the game at their leisure, and Gamers can complain all they want, but in the end they know that they are going to buy it. These big gaming companies know that too. Their might be a very select group of people who won't buy a game due to massive delays, but trust me, you guys are far far far into the minority. So suck it up, Gamers are the ones that encouraged this kind of behavior so gamers are going to have to deal with it :2happy:

Alucard
07-31-2003, 02:12 AM
Thats right! Though sometimes it depends on the game. I was really looking forward to the new Tomb Raider game. But after a few delays I decided I couldn't be stuffed. Good thing too cause the game turned out to be total crap. But HL2 is a different story. Theres few games I would wait whatever time they wanted me to just to get my hands on it. Two of them being Half Life 2 and Thief 3. I'm their whore no matter what.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-31-2003, 09:41 AM
BUT IT W4S A L1NE IN TEH SAND!1!!

:rolleyes:

I never believed it for one second, actually I doubt the game will even come out in 2003.

Escaflowne2001
07-31-2003, 12:09 PM
Well must games get delayed for improvements or would you rather a bug filled mess. ;)

insteefy
07-31-2003, 04:38 PM
figured.

they're gonna release it on there anniversary..