PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania - Concerto of the Midnight Sun / Harmony of Dissonance

gabriel
06-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Anyone played this game? I think I'm about half way through the Japanese version (playing it via emulator, I'll buy the US version when it's released here). I'm enjoying it, very reminicent of Symphony of the Night. The game would be perfect if it wasnt for the music issue that's mentioned everywhere (I wonder if Konami realized what a fitting title "Harmony of Dissonance" was when they renamed it from the Japanese title :)) and the textures look really simple in some areas but that could be just because I'm spoiled by the "big" consoles :)

I cant wait for the American version so I can actually understand the story.

baratus
06-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Yeah I've heard the game is graphically awesome but some people say it doesn't look with all its glory running on an emulator. As for the music I don't have much problem with it because I like it as NES-type but it's really a step down comparing how cool was the music of CoTM. I wouldn't spoil my expectations playing it on an emulator though. My only complain about this new Castlevania RPG style is the lack of outdoor areas, all the game takes place inside the castle, but for what I've seen there are plenty of this outdoor places in HoD. I just wish Konami would make a remake of Simon's Quest or Dracula's Curse some day.

Vicviper
06-13-2002, 02:27 PM
Don't get me wrong. I like the layout for HoD and CotM and I will play them through to the end but I would love to see a older style Castlevania with seperated levels. No leveling up except for the whip and the 2 times and 3 times of your special weapon. I long for a new older style Castlevania.

baratus
06-13-2002, 09:22 PM
So you agree with me. Man is good to know there are still people who love the old Castlevania NES style.

gabriel
06-16-2002, 03:04 PM
I'm not a big fan of the pre-SotN Castlevanias. Besides the name and themes, they might as well be different series. I'm not saying the older CV games arent good, they just dont appeal to me (the control seems far too limiting after playing the newer ones.) I think it's one of those series that if you didnt grow up with it, you're not going to like, at least that's my situation.

Dr. DOS
06-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Probably. How did that Castlevania remake on Playstation turn out? I have the import version but I'm unable to play it because I sold my PSX.

Active X
06-23-2002, 07:55 PM
The PSX remake of Castlevania was really cool...the gameplay was a little bit too archaic, but the remixed music was awesome and the graphics and control were crisp. It made me wish for a remake of Castlevania IV or the orignal Dracula X...

The new Castlevania on GBA was pretty average. It wasn't the music that brought it down, it was the horrible lack of challenge by enemies that just stand there. Hopefully this will be fixed in the US version.

Nighthunter
07-18-2002, 12:06 AM
White night concerto looks way better on real hardware! Don't use emulation for such a gem.

Kid0_oIcarus
07-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Besides, using emulators makes baby Jesus cry.

Seska
08-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Think of the children!

:D

Vicviper
08-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Besides, using emulators makes baby Jesus cry.

LOL! That was funny.