PDA

View Full Version : Teh Wavebird

Kid0_oIcarus
06-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Well, since no one's posted about it yet- lemme have the honors.

Anyone picking/got one up/yet?

Thoughts?

Comments?

WINDJAMMERS
06-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Do you know how much they cost?

Stray Dog Strut
06-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Man being in the UK proper sux, import do it for 50 quid! (about $75!) but i wouldn't mind picking one up. I hated it when everyone was saying...'you can even play it through walls'!!!!!!
who would want to do that? how the hell would you see the damn screen!

Vash
06-12-2002, 06:09 PM
i more then likely will be picking up a set ... i hate tripping over wires or even worse ... when they hang over my tv ... :mad:

Kid0_oIcarus
06-13-2002, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I hate those dam short wires. I'll be picking one up, as well.

They're only ten more than the regular controllers, I believe. Which would put them around $34 I think. That's what EB has 'em listed for anyway.

Yeah, you an play through walls. Just hink about it, you can set up an intricate series of mirrors, each delicately placed so that you can play your GC from any room of your house! Going to the bathroom was never so much fun before! :rolleyes:

Did I really just type that? :D

TangTALKSxTGC
06-13-2002, 04:16 PM
I heart the wavebird. Yeah I love talking about how it can go through walls and floors, but I really don't know why it helps. I think it's just the novelty of it. Also it shows how far and well it works.

The only real problem is the batteries. Nintendo should have a docking port for it. I say that's the only problem because I don't care that it doesn't have a rumble feature.

So basically, everyone should sell all their other controllers (unless they must have the rumble feature) and buy wavebirds.

Yoshi
06-17-2002, 12:17 PM
I love my WB. Thanks to ebgames.com's 20% accessory sale, I ony spent $28 on it too. :D

There is nothing better than sitting out on the porch on a gorgeous day looking back through the window at Super Monkey Ball.

WINDJAMMERS
06-17-2002, 12:45 PM
If they're on 30 buck I might trade all my old controllers in for Wave Birds.

Dubkiller
06-17-2002, 02:22 PM
They're kind of expensive in Canada ($50). I guess I wouldn't mind having one just to have, but the cord doesn't really bother me that much, and I'm not sure if it's enough to offset the hassle of dealing with batteries. But I'm sure I'll end up with one of 'em one of these days. They need to offer it in more colours though, especially for those who want to get a whole set of them.

WINDJAMMERS
06-18-2002, 04:39 PM
I picked up two Wave Birds at 28 bucks a peice. They work great. I can play from the kitchen and my Gamecube is upstairs. :D

Fenrir
06-18-2002, 07:46 PM
Here in Europe they're only available on import and they're bloody
expensive :mad:

Vash
06-19-2002, 02:46 PM
any idea how long the batteries last?

WINDJAMMERS
06-19-2002, 06:22 PM
They are supposed to last 100 hours, but that remains to be seen.

gabriel
06-20-2002, 05:52 PM
I think the WaveBird is more about novelty than practicality. Sure you dont have to deal with cords but you lose the rumble feature, and changing batteries sucks. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had problems with controller cords.

Dr. DOS
06-20-2002, 09:32 PM
I'm just wondering when we'll finally do away with wired controllers completely and make wireless controllers standard on new consoles.

Maybe it'll never happen.. but if they ever want to truly integrate these consoles into living rooms and whatnot (which it seems like they're starting to do by adding DVD players, etc), I'd like a wireless controller so I could sit back on the couch and play on a big screen TV from far away.

I'd also like to see a feature where you can shut the console down from the game. Like "Save & Power Off" in an RPG would be nice. I'm probably just lazy, but it would make a lot of sense and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

WINDJAMMERS
06-22-2002, 11:53 AM
Why stop there? Maybe they can make it so you can turn on the Gamecube from the controller too.