PDA

View Full Version : New SNK vs Capcom info

Alucard
07-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Seems theres more surprises to be had in the latest bit. They're up testing the game in public for the next few days and it looks like more new characters are out, such as Athena but from her old C64/arcade style look, also the stupid Martian from Metal Slug, and the dumb dragon from Ghost and Goblins. Wonder what else is gonna be revealed over time!

http://www.16-bitglorydays.com/temp/snkvscapcom/

Demitri looks excellent too. Much more solid and heaps more detail.

Nindalf
07-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Which home entertaiment system designed for gaming will this be released?

ATMA
07-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Yaaaay Athena. I like that girl alot.

I have to say Dimitri looks amazing. They better bring it over to atleast 1 homeconsole and not only the Neo-Geo homesystem. That would be sad.

Nindalf
07-25-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ATMA
They better bring it over to atleast 1 homeconsole and not only the Neo-Geo homesystem. That would be sad.

Are you informing me that this game will be released on this Neo-Geo system that i have never heard of and though it was just carrieable system without wires, instead of my Nintendo designed cube shaped system?

ATMA
07-25-2003, 02:11 PM
It will deffently be realeased for the Neo-Geo homesystem. I doubt we'll see it on the Cube though..From what I heard they MIGHT bring it over to the ps2 or xbox..but the Neo-Geo homesystem will have the best port version simply because of it's ram power.

But till today nothing is sure about a ps2 or xbox or cube version.

Spited Pariah
07-25-2003, 02:50 PM
I wonder if anyone noticed the Red Demon from the game Demon's Crest on SNES made by Capcom

seems he's playable in this game:)

Alucard
07-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Yes it'll be out on the neogeo. And its definately coming to the PS2 a little after. There might be some added surprises in it aswell. As for other systems, dunno. Maybe considering CvS made it.

Nindalf
07-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Alucard
Yes it'll be out on the neogeo. And its definately coming to the PS2 a little after.

Meh

IoriYagami n8
07-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Eh? The game is already shipping. The initial release is on Jamma board, so it is a stand alone system. You just hook it up to a arcade machine with four buttons. They seem to think this will help throw off the game from being dumped so soon, I doubt it though. After a while on the JAMMA board an MVS version should be coming out. The offical site has added four of the characters not revealed before offically. Those were Geese, Gonetiz, Dan, and Demetri.

Whoa, I actually did some checking around and one of the guys that is in Japan checking out some loke testing has been able to confirm that Zero, from Megaman is in the game. I'm skeptical of the Metal Slug alien....seems dumb to me...but I guess he goes to match the demon guy or something...I'm having a harder time taking the game serious now, seems more like MvC without the supped up moves that cover the entire screen.

insteefy
07-25-2003, 07:26 PM
They just fucked up a game i was really looking forward too..

Release somes serious fighters for crying out loud, enough of this crap. Its all about whos stronger. I want some skill damnit, not lame overpowerdness... :too mad: :angry:

Robo Halloween
07-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Well this is crazy, if they where going to use characters not from fighting games then they could've used Wesker already for fucks sake.

insteefy
07-25-2003, 09:12 PM
fake :o

IoriYagami n8
07-26-2003, 01:32 AM
They are quite real, it's been confirmed by people who have played the game, along with their early reports of Samurai Shodown Zero. Athena fights in heaven, and the Firebrand demon in Hell. That theme is good for me, and works okay. But Mars Alien and Zero just seem like wacked out choices. I don't mind Zero to much, but the freaking Metal Slug alien!?

Alucard
07-26-2003, 04:37 AM
I think this is great. While I would have prefered they bring back Eiji, ARE YOU LISTENING SNK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! At least this isn't a useless cute and paste job and just rehashing most of the same characters from CvS. Looks like they actually put in effort and made some brand new characters and redid a few others. Morrigan paste anyone? This is good. I like creativity. I'm actually looking forward to it now.

And its all real. Even the guy who runs MadMans cafe said he saw it with his own eyes.

Icarus4578
07-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Yes to Athena and Demitri!!!

Umm, this game looks WILD! Thank you Capcom and SNK for loving us!

God bless 2D!!!

ATMA
07-26-2003, 01:55 PM
The alien from Metal Slug, guess I just have to deal with that. But I can look past that and think i'm gonna buy it if it ever get released on the ps2 or xbox anyways. I like the artist of the game..his style just kicks ass and reminds me of the old Capcom artstyle of Darkstalkers.. anybody know this guy's name?

Rubeus
07-26-2003, 02:09 PM
If this game becomes a hit, I bet Capcom will jump back to the boat and develop Capcom VS SNK 3.

Cyclops
07-27-2003, 11:29 AM
I Herd from a few sites it would be coming to the cube.

Alucard
07-27-2003, 12:26 PM
You might want to ignore those sites for now. One of the head exec guys or whatever from SNK stated he's not too fond of the GC and currently are no plans to port anything. We'll see if he changes his mind down the track.

Ryu Kazama
07-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I remember reading a report on MMCafe and it decreased the anticipation for me. I mean after hearing or reading how some characters sprites are off (limbs extending). It sounds a bit rushed.

The only new characters that I have recently heard of are those 4 new ones, or 3 since I already knew about Geese after seeing it elsewhere.

HAving also read about Shin Ken...that just rubs me the wrong way. I've never been happy with an idea of Shin Ken.

Hopefulyl by the time I play the game it will be almost perfect.

Kojiro Hyuga
07-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Just PLAYED it!:D Let me start with the good news:

-The characters are VERY WELL animated: The old Neo GEo Hardware must be on its limits here. (how many times have we heard it before?). However, its using old hardware. You can see by the use of colours (or lack of). The graphic style is serious, yet good looking. Chun Li's animation is pretty close to SF3's- very impressive.

- Evil Ken: Lot more appealing than Evil Ryu and Gooki

- Background story. Haven't finished the game, but it feels interesting.

Now, the Bad:

-Its One on One fighting, like old Street fighter 2 and Fatal Fury series. I think this seriously hurts the game.

-only 4 buttons.

-No "rolling"

Well. that's about it.

insteefy
07-27-2003, 10:50 PM
It wont come on the GC. SNK said it wanted to support Ps2 and X-box.

1 vs 1 is good IMO. Its like the good old fighters, i think we seriously need one.

4 buttons, dont mind that really.

No rolling is a bitch tho.

Cyclops
07-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Capcom also makes the game too. Cap has a say in the matther too.

IoriYagami n8
07-28-2003, 12:36 AM
The only thing Capcom really does is to check and make sure that their characters aren't used shamelessly. All SNK really had to do with the CvS games was Shinkiro's artwork (he may have been on Capcom's payroll by then, as he is now).

SNK Playmore said they would like to put games on the Gamecube, but the development fees are to expensive for them at the moment. They said they will wait for Nintendo's next console.

Alucard
07-28-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Kojiro Hyuga
You can see by the use of colours (or lack of). The graphic style is serious, yet good looking.

Just a little jump here for me. The SNK fighters have always had more detail, more animation, and more colours then their SF counter parts. :D

insteefy
07-28-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by IoriYagami n8

SNK Playmore said they would like to put games on the Gamecube, but the development fees are to expensive for them at the moment. They said they will wait for Nintendo's next console.

Thnx for the info, didnt know that :D

Icarus4578
07-28-2003, 09:16 AM
I must play this game ASAP. Or better yet just buy it for my Neo Geo. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

gearhound1
07-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Yes it'll be out on the neogeo. And its definately coming to the PS2 a little after. There might be some added surprises in it aswell. As for other systems, dunno. Maybe considering CvS made it.

god, the neo-geo is so fucking great. ultimate gaming bliss. i wish we could still look forward to all of the amazing games on it.

Ryu Kazama
07-30-2003, 11:53 AM
The no rolls is old news but it is a good and bad thing.

Good because it removes the utter cheapness a lot of people like to use (yes even me) but the bad thing is it will take much more effort to get out of corners like in the old days.

camac
07-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Icarus4578

God bless 2D!!!

Amen! :D

heh, added the demon and alien isn't that bad, i think its kinda funny. whats this about Zero from the megaman X series being in there too?

looks so badass so far, can't wait to try it out.

ATMA
08-02-2003, 01:12 PM
w00t!! It's been confirmed for the ps2 and an xbox version will follow after it ..SNK vs Capcom will be released in Japan early 2004.

Edit:Spelling

Spited Pariah
08-02-2003, 01:37 PM
they better take this opportunity to put it on live... cuz if it ain't on live, then the cash ain't leavin my wallet

Alucard
08-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Yep! Cause theres nothing more fun then playing with bad lag, losing against certain skilled players you know you could easily win against in a proper arcade without that dumb lag, and the ever wonderful droppers. Online ruined CvS for me. I'll stick to playing with friends. Way more fun then.

And dont worry about people who roll alot to be cheap. Once you get the timing right you can throw them everytime. That should stop them from rolling in cheap ways to hit you.

Spited Pariah
08-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Yep! Cause theres nothing more fun then playing with bad lag, losing against certain skilled players you know you could easily win against in a proper arcade without that dumb lag, and the ever wonderful droppers. Online ruined CvS for me. I'll stick to playing with friends. Way more fun then.

And dont worry about people who roll alot to be cheap. Once you get the timing right you can throw them everytime. That should stop them from rolling in cheap ways to hit you.

you want bad lag? play on Kawaks

CvS 2 on Xbox live is no where near that bad at all, if you're speaking from experience then kill your service providor for false advertizing, cuz the game rocks on Xbox live ( if you keep getting cheaped, blame yourself for sucking at it, everyone knows that if your good, you can win.)

oh and btw, if your not playing with a person there is no reason to be playing a fighting game. Xbox live is the best thing to happen to console fighting games since the Arcade Stick.. Trash talking, and online gaming all in one, thats what its all about

Alucard
08-02-2003, 02:55 PM
The game doesn't run as smooth as you make it out to be. Its not the provider, its the actual server. You may not spot it now and then but theres still a delay at times when you do something. Any delay screws a game. I know someone who I could mop the floor with in the arcade, no matter how cheap he tried to be, yet with Live I had trouble winning more then half the games. Playing cheap is something I hate. They go for patterns. Once you start rushing using every move possible, you become unpredictable. Thats when alot of those players who play cheaply lose, because they really aren't as good as they pretend to be.

Would love to see the top 10 players on Live hop off to Japan or something. They would get destroyed in the arcades. And they couldn't drop out to keep their win ratio high. Disgusting.

Spited Pariah
08-02-2003, 03:06 PM
The game doesn't run as smooth as you make it out to be. Its not the provider, its the actual server. You may not spot it now and then but theres still a delay at times when you do something. Any delay screws a game. I know someone who I could mop the floor with in the arcade, no matter how cheap he tried to be, yet with Live I had trouble winning more then half the games. Playing cheap is something I hate. They go for patterns. Once you start rushing using every move possible, you become unpredictable. Thats when alot of those players who play cheaply lose, because they really aren't as good as they pretend to be.

Would love to see the top 10 players on Live hop off to Japan or something. They would get destroyed in the arcades. And they couldn't drop out to keep their win ratio high. Disgusting.

yea, granted I did get two spots of delay, wanna know something? none of em were during gameplay, so your point is moot man, if your gonna blame it on lag, you might as well blame it on your incapacity to decypher the patterns, since its just an excuse never the less

I guess it is like they say, expectations are the mother of all whores, you can never satisfy everyone, I dunno what the hell you've been playing to get such high expectations of seemlessness no matter what, but no game I have ever played online has been 100% smooth all the way, there has always been atleast 1 spot of lag here or there, and considering all that, this game is still smooth

and about the japan thing, you might be right, but considering its just a game, its all a matter of decyphering patterns in gameplay, Nationality has very little to do with that

but if were gonna go by nationality, I wanna see the japs play the chinese.. that would be some freaky ****

Alucard
08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Well some of us dont really play with patterns. We do strange things often. My gameplay is more direct. I dont sit and wait or do fireball/uppercut style Ryu/Ken gameplay modes. I grab either Kyo or Terry or some other KOF character and its just rush in and send moves every which way. You gotta have fun playing. Patterns get dull quickly for me.

IoriYagami n8
08-02-2003, 04:41 PM
The game will not have Live support. It was stated before. Similar reasons as to why they won't be putting any Gamecube games out there. They can't afford it. I think MS charges s fee for when a game adds Live support, since it runs from their servers. Of course, if I'm mistaken about that then they are just being lazy or fair to PS2 owners, either way the game won't be on Live. And that's not so bad, considering how many morons I found playing CvS2 on Live, disconnecting losers...ugh.

folken001
08-04-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Well this is crazy, if they where going to use characters not from fighting games then they could've used Wesker already for fucks sake.

That is not so surprising considering Jill already made her way to MvC2

folken001
08-04-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Spited Pariah
you want bad lag? play on Kawaks

CvS 2 on Xbox live is no where near that bad at all, if you're speaking from experience then kill your service providor for false advertizing, cuz the game rocks on Xbox live ( if you keep getting cheaped, blame yourself for sucking at it, everyone knows that if your good, you can win.)

oh and btw, if your not playing with a person there is no reason to be playing a fighting game. Xbox live is the best thing to happen to console fighting games since the Arcade Stick.. Trash talking, and online gaming all in one, thats what its all about

And Kawaks does not charge you 50 bucks a year, I think you need to remember that.

I have played CvS2 on Xbox several times. I am willing to go as far as to say that CvS2 is unplayable on Xbox. It's just way too laggy for anyone to have fun. Btw, Your whole "blame yourself for sucking at it" is stupid. CvS2 EO on Xbox was not intended to be played with lag.

folken001
08-04-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by IoriYagami n8
And that's not so bad, considering how many morons I found playing CvS2 on Live, disconnecting losers...ugh.

Yea, but there is a way to counter the whole disconnection fiasco, isn't there? And, yea, there are a lot of dorks on the server.

Alucard
08-04-2003, 04:22 AM
Theres no way to counter the disconnectors. Theres a way to report them to Microsoft. But it takes like an obscene amount of times for them to even consider doing anything. They really could care less to be honest. Like I said before, anyone in the top ten who thinks they are really good would not last in an arcade.

Icarus4578
08-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Go here, http://www.shoryuken.com/evolution/dvd/ and download the video trailer of the DVD set of the championship matches between both the US and Japanese champion Street Fighter players. Some pretty wild stuff.

folken001
08-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Theres no way to counter the disconnectors. Theres a way to report them to Microsoft. But it takes like an obscene amount of times for them to even consider doing anything. They really could care less to be honest. Like I said before, anyone in the top ten who thinks they are really good would not last in an arcade.

Well, I heard that u can report the disconnectors and give them bad feedback. And eventually, they'll be banned or suspended.

To be fair, there are some good players on Xbox Live. Like big name Capcom players, buktooth88 (it might be spelt differently), clockw0rk, etc plays CvS2 on Xbox Live. But, I think CvS2's ranking system on Xbox Live is messed up anyway. Because you have to keep playing in order to keep your ranking up. So many people just find the scrubs and fight them and get wins in order to improve their ranking. I've fought several high ranking players on Xbox Live and they weren't that good.

folken001
08-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Go here, http://www.shoryuken.com/evolution/dvd/ and download the video trailer of the DVD set of the championship matches between both the US and Japanese champion Street Fighter players. Some pretty wild stuff.

Yea, I bought it when Evo DVD first came out. It is pretty good. We are just no match for Japanese in fighting games except MvC2.

Evo2003 is going to start in less than a week. Daigo is coming this time. I can't wait to see whats going to happen...

Icarus4578
08-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Well, they (the Japanese) are considered the best at virtually everything. But they have yet to defeat me!

gearhound1
08-04-2003, 06:57 PM
Well, they (the Japanese) are considered the best at virtually everything. But they have yet to defeat me!

i will defeat you:cool guy:

folken001
08-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by gearhound
i will defeat you:cool guy:

No, no. I will defeat all of you.

Alucard
08-05-2003, 05:22 AM
I will BAN you!! :crazy:

Icarus4578
08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Alucard, if it was you vs me in SF then who'd win?

Trick question. Nobody can defeat me.

If Alucard from Castlevania fought with Ryu, who'd win?

Ryu. Obviously.

Once upon a time (gee, what an original opening), Alucard enters the Street Fighter tournament and he winds up facing Ryu. Alucard goes for his Soul Steal but gets his sh*t ruined by Ryu because he decks pretty-boy Alucard in the face and then Shoryukens him. After that, Alucard sissies out and calls out one of his Familiars and equip one of his stupid swords but Ryu takes it from him and breaks his legs. Desperately clinging to life, Alucard transforms into his mist form in an attempt to foil Ryu's combos but Ryu just waits for his stupid magic meter to wear down and right when he reverts back Ryu DDTs him into the ground, followed up by a Boston Crab. Alucard, screaming in the agony of his abandonment, gives in and then Ryu goes into Dracula's Castle and beats the hell out of Medusa, the Mummy, Death, and everything else that gets in his way. Ryu throws Dracula out of his own castle and so he goes off and cries to the Belmonts that he cannot defeat Ryu by himself and that he is scared. The Belmonts team up with Dracula to take back his castle lest there should not be any more Castlevania games, but Ryu transforms into Shin-Ryu and just Hadokens them all off the stairway leading to his chambers and they fall to their deaths, except Dracula who transforms into a bat and out of fear for his very life flies off to an island resort where he becomes a water skiing champion by day and a pimped out gigalo by night. And Ryu takes over Castlevania. The End.

:cool:

Nindalf
08-05-2003, 10:17 AM
But if Mario from Super Mario Brothers series fight with both of you peeps with his eyes closed, who?d win?

Mario. Obviosly.

Once upon a time, Mario didint enter Street Fighter tournament, he just showed up and kicked everybodys ass from here to moon. Including Alucards. The End.

Icarus4578
08-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Once upon a time, Ryu got into a fight with some characters from Final Fantasy who summoned Bahamut followed by Knights of the Round but Ryu just threw Shinku-Hadoken at Bahamut which blew him up and then beat the holy hell out of the Knights. After that, he began picking on the Final Fantasy characters and stole all their money, and they cried. The end.

Alucard
08-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Once upon a time Alucard faced your sad little characters. He threw a dozen knives then disappeared frmo sight before poor little Ryu knew what was going on. Suddenly Alucard is back zipping round and round quickly in batform so that poor slower weaerk Ryu can't hit him. Alucard then turns into mist, goes through Ryu's nostrils and ears, then inside forms and Ryu EXPLODES messily!! Thats how I'd win if I was trying to be flashy. Otherwise he'd use his cloak which makes him invisible, appear behind Ryu in super vampiric speed, and BITE his neck to hell.

Ryu is a joke! I should ban you all for even thinking SF could defeat me!!! :crazy:

Nindalf
08-05-2003, 12:18 PM
But then Super Mario threw bottle in the ground that contains red fluid that allow you to change dimensions, so he popped right behind Alucard, and threw a fire ball in his face, and Alucard is now burning in hell with his papa.

Alucard is a joke, but Simon, now he was the real thing...

Icarus4578
08-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Just admit it; Ryu OWNS Alucard.

Alucard
08-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Thats it, I'm not playing anymore. You two cheat.

btw, Kyo OWNS Ryu. For years I stated it was true, but only once CvS came out could I actually prove it. Even a down powered Kyo owns him.

Nindalf
08-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Now that we arent playing anymore I have a serious question(can you believe it?)Is there some sort of difference between this SNK vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O.?

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=700017

Alucard
08-05-2003, 05:19 PM
HUGE difference. Capcom vs SNK EO is made by Capcom. The other is made by SNK and has quite a few new caracters. And the play style should be slightly different. I've heard it feels alot like the KOF games. Thats a good thing in my book.

folken001
08-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by NiN
Not that we arent playing anymore I have a serious question(can you believe it?)Is there some sort of difference between this SNK vs. Capcom and Capcom vs. SNK 2 E.O.?

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=700017

Well, there are quite a few things.

CvS2(capcom) sounds better and looks better. SvC(SNK/Playmore) is still 16 bits. CvS2 has 6 different grooves(fighting styles) and you have teams. Each team can have 1-3 characters. Each character needs to be assign to ratios(level-how powerful this character will be). You have 4 ratio pts to give. Lets say if you have 3 characters on your team, you have assign two characters as ratio 1 and one character ratio 2. By that, when you only pick one character then he/she has to be ratio 4.

In SvC, everyone uses the same fighting style with one single character and a double life bar. You can use supers just like CvS2. There is this new feature call Dash Cancel or something. From what I read, this allows you to cancel your dash into anything. It can also act as a counter, I believe.

Overall so far from reports around the fighting community, the feedback isn't really positive. My friend who just came back from Chicago said that game sucks a lot. My local arcade is rumored getting this game as well. I guess I will get to try it out myself pretty soon too.

folken001
08-06-2003, 12:37 AM

btw, Kyo OWNS Ryu. For years I stated it was true, but only once CvS came out could I actually prove it. Even a down powered Kyo owns him.

Noooo Waaaaaay! Ryu beats Kyo hands down. Yep yep. In CvS, Kyo was no way in hell a match for Ryu because Ryu can chain a sweep into shinshoryuken for like 75 percent damage. Kyo has gotten better due to A groove and K groove in CvS2, but I would still pick Ryu over that little miget from KoF. :)

P.S I am a Ryu fanatic.

Alucard
08-06-2003, 01:01 AM
I think you need to look at the people who say why the game sucks. Everything I've heard says the game feels like KOF. Now Street Fighter players have a big problem with this because the game is much different to what they're used to. So they usually say it sucks. And the game is 24bit, not 16 :) CvS mimicked KOF style by having 3vs3 and different modes to choose. SvC however is mimicking Street Fighter by having 1vs1.

And no... SF Ryu vs KOF Kyo that hasn't been down powered and moves removed, would beat Ryu hands down. And I'm being kind not using KOF95 Kyo who would easily obliterate Ryu in any form. Its like saying Bison would beat Rugal. HAR! It is to laugh!

folken001
08-06-2003, 03:19 AM
I think you need to look at the people who say why the game sucks. Everything I've heard says the game feels like KOF. Now Street Fighter players have a big problem with this because the game is much different to what they're used to. So they usually say it sucks. And the game is 24bit, not 16 :) CvS mimicked KOF style by having 3vs3 and different modes to choose. SvC however is mimicking Street Fighter by having 1vs1.

And no... SF Ryu vs KOF Kyo that hasn't been down powered and moves removed, would beat Ryu hands down. And I'm being kind not using KOF95 Kyo who would easily obliterate Ryu in any form. Its like saying Bison would beat Rugal. HAR! It is to laugh!

Are you sure that SvC is not 16 bit but 24? As far as I know, there is only a slight modification made to the cart and it was to prevent priacy. To my knowledge, MVS isnt' capable of anything that is over 16 bits.

I don't know if playing style is the reason why these people complained against SvC, but there were several problems noted. First of all, hit detection is flawed. You would sometimes face the wrong direction when people cross you over. 2nd, hit box is flawed. At times, your punch would just go through your opponent. 3rd, the universal charge is also flawed. More than enough people complained about how they can't do Guild's sonic boom and flash kick. Well, some people say this problem is fixed in the final version but there are couple reports conflicting with that claim. There are couple more problems and I am not going to mention them, you should get my point by now.

To me, SNK games have failed to impress me after KoF98. (I love this one because it has Vice and Mature. Damn Iori for killing them.) I am even more turned off after striker was introduced in KoF2000. The biggest reason I am not into SNK right now is the graphics. I know gameplay is important to a game but I think everything else is also. After all these years, SNK games still look like something could've been done on SNES. That is unacceptable to me, unfortunately. I can only dream of a day that SNK would upgrade it's hardware....

As for Ryu vs Kyo argument, I guess there is no sure way to settle this down other than having you and me sit down and play each ohter in SvC and CvS2. But, even with that, it could be said that we aren't good enough player to conclude the argument. So, I think you should be the bigger man here and just admit that Ryu is better, ok? :)

Alucard
08-06-2003, 04:14 AM
Kyo owns Ryu SUXORZ!! And since I'm a mod that means I win! :crazy:

I'm pretty sure its 24bit. You really couldn't do 3D on a 16bit machine with light source flashes. They've done that in other games. They just prefer to keep their games hand drawn. And I dont know, I love the look. Though they could definately improve it. Have you seen Mark of the Wolves? That game is GORGEOUS. More fluid then Guilty Gear. Just wish SNK made their games like that. But sadly the old piece of junk hardware probably couldn't handle 30+ characters with that level of animation.

And the reason you didn't like anything after 98 is cause the rest weren't really made by SNK. They sort of got absorbed after that stage by Aruze or such. Only now did they finally get their act together. SvC is practically their first proper game since then. And the flaws you mentioned are in almost every fighting game. The home version will be more tweaked for sure. I have a friend of mine going to Japan next week so I'll see what he says. We pretty much like the same style of fighting games.

Icarus4578
08-06-2003, 11:11 AM
You're ALL WRONG!!! The best is to have the team of Ryu, Kyo, and Iori. Oh yeah! That's right! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?

IoriYagami n8
08-07-2003, 12:04 AM
The Neo-Geo MVS and AES systems are 16 bit. Bits really don't have anything to do with effects, but more or less just the transfer of information. This is why the Gamecube processor is just as fast as the X-box processor. It's 64 bits, the X-box is 32 bits. While the X-box processor is twice as fast, it takes to burst to send 64 bits of information, which the Gamecube can do in one burst. Thus since the X-box does it twice as fast, they balance out. This is also what keeps the PS2 128 bit processor in the game. There are minor jumps, meaning that aren't completely equal, but this is why they are very close in speed preformance when it comes to the CPU. Of course you have bottle necks in ram transfer rates and the GPU, which is what effects polygon output and things like load times. This is also why Mac 64 bit processors have been able to compete with Intel processors that are twice as fast. Of course last time I checked Intel was moving up to true 64 bit processors. The Neo-Geo doesn't do real 3D, what you see in games like MotW is just very well designed 2D, and as for character animations, the high meg count with low character cast allows for more frames. The Neo-Geo 64 does real 3D, but had few releases and never quite caught on despite some brand name titles releasing on it.

Alucard
08-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Iori is right, its not 24bit. I've been going by what a friend told me who owns the console and I always assumed he was right. Normally spot on when it comes to hardware he owns. Oh well! Its 16bit but not like the snes is for example. Anyway, I found this thread which gives a little more info, though not as enough as I would wish..

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=2768

Iori, when I said 3D I didn't mean in MoTW. I meant this other game that appeared on the console. Its not exactly 3D, more psuedo 3D. Its freaky to see on a 16bit machine anyway. I THINK it was called Ragnarok. Some fighter. It looked cool but game was crap! Forget who made it.

gearhound1
08-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Thats it, I'm not playing anymore. You two cheat.

sorry...ryo owns them all.

Haoh Sho Koh Ken!!!!!

hell yeah
:cool guy:

Alucard
08-08-2003, 04:23 AM
OH NO!! ITs voilent Ken!! :eek:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/chara/capcom_ken2.html

IoriYagami n8
08-08-2003, 06:40 AM
<===*

*For ownage, see avatar.

Icarus4578
08-08-2003, 10:17 AM
That has got to be the single worst drawing of Ken i've ever seen in my life! Why not just give him a glowing white afro while you're at it SNK?! It wouldn't make much of a difference. And what's with his face?!?! ARRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!

Alucard
08-08-2003, 12:52 PM
You realise they aren't going for super duper good looking Ken yes? Thats his MUTANT version!!