PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution Revealed! Possibly on XBox!

Overlord
06-11-2002, 06:26 PM
-Source (http://teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3317)

Your Thoughts?

DBJAY
06-11-2002, 07:31 PM
A couple of of thoughts.

1.) It will be great to see this game on another platform, to drive up sales for Sega. I wonder if it will go to the Gamecube as well?

2.) I'm glad Sega is concentrating on putting out popular games and updates while the franchise is still hot instead of letting it cool down like they have done in the past with Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, etc.

3.) If it is destined for Xbox Live, like Spikeout Extreme, it will another groundbreaking title for Sega who will then claim the honor of putting the first 3D fighter online. I wonder though if the game is too fast for even broadband.

4.) Of course, it helps out the Xbox game portfolio. The only major fighting series left that are not on the Xbox are Tekken and Streetfighter.

Overlord
06-11-2002, 07:38 PM
DBJAY:
1.) It will be great to see this game on another platform, to drive up sales for Sega. I wonder if it will go to the Gamecube as well?

The Cubes getting VF Quest. It's an RPG. And I think it will use all the characters from VF4.

WINDJAMMERS
06-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Umm Overlord, it doesn't say anywhere in that article that it is going to Xbox. Congradulations on your first doulbleganger, 0verlord.

Overlord
06-11-2002, 09:33 PM
I didn't read the whole article at first. But if it does come to consoles, it will most likely be on the XBox. I believe that they're using the Naomi 2 board for the arcades.

I eat doublegangers for breakfast.

WINDJAMMERS
06-11-2002, 09:59 PM
I just what you to understand that it hasn't been announced for ANY system and they have only unvailed it for the arcade. I have some questions for you Overlord:

What Naomi 2 board games have been ported to the Xbox?
How many posts do I need before I get a doubleganger?:D

Black Sugar
06-12-2002, 09:23 AM
VF4 hasn't been comfirmed on any console yet.

Just we wait and see.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Yeah, um- I was going to say "It's not confirmed" too, but I guess you already learned that, huh?

I know that VF4 RPG is coming to the 'cube because the director though VF4 didn't fit well with the GC's audience.

How is the GC supposed to gain the "right" audience if games like this keep getting developed for other consoles!?

Overlord
06-12-2002, 05:01 PM
I just changed the title of the thread. It's more accurate now.

WINDJAMMERS:
What Naomi 2 board games have been ported to the Xbox?

Actually, I just heard about the Naomi 2 board. So I don't know too much about it(I know that naomi is "I moan" spelled backwards, though). I'm just saying, that if VF4: Evoultion was confirmed for consoles, it would most likely be XBox. And with sales of VF4, this probably will happen.

WINDJAMMERS:
How many posts do I need before I get a doubleganger?

Kid0_oIcarus:
How is the GC supposed to gain the "right" audience if games like this keep getting developed for other consoles!?

It will take time for the sterotype to leave. Nintendo might even have to take matters into their own hands, if they have to.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-12-2002, 05:27 PM
I noticed you changed the title Overlord :D

I just don't see how people can buy into the stereotypes. Don't they realize a game has a certain potential for good regardless of what it looks like?

Sometimes I worry what the world is coming to.

Then I realize it won't do me any good to just worry. :cool:

WINDJAMMERS
06-12-2002, 06:37 PM
It could go to any system. I definately see a JAP PS2 version. They eat VF up over there. I could also see a Gamecube release. That way Sega could familiarize the Gamecube crowd witht their characters before putting out their VF RPG game. Sega might put it on the Xbox for a big wad of dough.:D

Overlord
06-13-2002, 02:20 PM
WINDJAMMERS:
It could go to any system. I definately see a JAP PS2 version. They eat VF up over there. I could also see a Gamecube release. That way Sega could familiarize the Gamecube crowd witht their characters before putting out their VF RPG game. Sega might put it on the Xbox for a big wad of dough

It would still most likely be Xbox. Like DBJAY mentioned, it would be great if this series was on all consoles. And Sega is already giving the other two a VF game. Sega doesn't want to dissapoint any Sega fans that waited for a new VF game on the Dreamcast. So it's a good idea to have the series on all consoles.

Rubeus
06-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
Actually, I just heard about the Naomi 2 board. So I don't know too much about it(I know that naomi is "I moan" spelled backwards, though). I'm just saying, that if VF4: Evoultion was confirmed for consoles, it would most likely be XBox. And with sales of VF4, this probably will happen.

NAOMI means "New Arcade Operating Machine Ideas", "Ideas" can also replace by "Interface".