PDA

View Full Version : Any Street Fighter fans here?

garrffy
07-20-2003, 12:41 PM
It's been a while since there last Street Fighter game was release. Any one has any information about the next one?:spinface:

baratus
07-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by garrffy
It's been a while since there last Street Fighter game was release. Any one has any information about the next one?:spinface:

The last one? you mean number 8765675839839th? :P

Icarus4578
07-20-2003, 04:17 PM
<----- BIG SF GAMER!!!!

Now, somebody tell us, when is the next SF coming? I read that Capcom had big plans for the 15th anniversary of SFII (note the emphasis on II, not just the series). Hmmmmm....

Robo Halloween
07-20-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm a huge SF fan. To me 3rd Strike is the greatest game ever.

I once read that for the anniversary they are planning a game that follows a story between SF2 and SF3. Hopefully it'll have SF3 characters and they will have an added storyline for people like Q and Remy.

insteefy
07-20-2003, 08:16 PM
yup

garrffy
07-20-2003, 10:00 PM
It is good that they have new SF in the work. But I am a little tired of those decimal sequels like SF:A was story between SF1 & SF2 and now the new one is about things that happened between SF2 & SF3. Capcom is taking one step forward and two steps back when it comes to making SF games.
While SF3 is good, the story seemed a bit discontinued from SF2. Where is that Gill guy come from. Perhaps it is why they are making SF2.5

Robo Halloween
07-20-2003, 11:08 PM
The SF3 story isn't discontinued, its just not mentioned in any of the games ( except on the endings ). You won't find much storyline on 3rd Strike though.

Anyway, Gill and Urien come from an utopian organization known as Illuminata. They're bent on taking over the world on SF3, but Alex defeats them.

Then you have Ryu taking up training with Oro.

Thats the whole SF3 storyline.

megajo53
07-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Ryu training with Oro.......???

Robo Halloween
07-20-2003, 11:38 PM
Yes, that is Oro's storyline. He searches for a student to make sure his skills do not die with him. He finds Ryu in the tournament and he chooses him as his student.

Magnus
07-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Hadouken

Icarus4578
07-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Well SFA series was in-between SFI and II. You think it's gonna be something like Alpha but in-between II and III. I heard it was a remake of SFII with completely redone graphics and some gameplay changes, but I can only speculate.

Cyclops
07-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Team Halloween
Yes, that is Oro's storyline. He searches for a student to make sure his skills do not die with him. He finds Ryu in the tournament and he chooses him as his student.

what about suakura?

Robo Halloween
07-21-2003, 01:21 PM
I don't think Ryu ever took in Sakura as her student.

Icarus4578
07-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Ryu didn't. It is Sakura that has taken a liking towards Ryu, unintentional on the part of Ryu. I don't think he minds his little admirer that much.

Kojiro Hyuga
07-21-2003, 02:33 PM
Isn't "Capcom FIghting All Stars" supposedly the "wrap up" of Capcom's fighters? I mean I read somewhere that this was to be Capcom's last one- on- one fighting game- and their last effort in arcades... Can someone confirm this?

DeathStroke
07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
"Isn't "Capcom FIghting All Stars" supposedly the "wrap up" of Capcom's fighters? I mean I read somewhere that this was to be Capcom's last one- on- one fighting game- and their last effort in arcades... Can someone confirm this?"

Rumors are flying around all over the place concerning Capcom's fighters and their focus in the arcades. For the record, one of Capcom's PR guys did say that if the Street Fighter series is still marketable, they will make another game. I think it's still marketable but this year will be the first time in a while where we haven't seen a Capcom fighting game come out. Rumor about Capcom All Stars is that the game is being reevaluated because it sucked graphically and might be delayed a while. Personally, I think they might be going back to the drawing board and coming up with new ways to exploit the genre. That'll take time, especially if they're seriously going to redesign all the old sprites in the SF series like the fans want them to do.

Black Sugar
07-21-2003, 06:31 PM
Characters like Q or Twelve was just plain stupid in my book. If Capcom would ever make a new Street Fighter based on the SF II storyline they should do at least this:

1.Ken son would entered the tournament (assuming years as past since SF III)

2. Sean has been trained by Ken since then, and there some kind rivality between him and Ken son

3. Ryu has finally gone mad (evil-ryu) and should be big final Boss.

I'm personnally tired of seeing Ryu Ken and Akuma as the main characters, they should all retired on the next Street Fighter game (except from Ryu who gone completly mad......):sing:

Robo Halloween
07-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Black Bahamut

I'm personnally tired of seeing Ryu Ken and Akuma as the main characters, they should all retired on the next Street Fighter game (except from Ryu who gone completly mad......):sing:

NO

folken001
07-22-2003, 04:34 AM
The SF3 story isn't discontinued, its just not mentioned in any of the games ( except on the endings ). You won't find much storyline on 3rd Strike though.

Anyway, Gill and Urien come from an utopian organization known as Illuminata. They're bent on taking over the world on SF3, but Alex defeats them.

Then you have Ryu taking up training with Oro.

Thats the whole SF3 storyline.

I like to watch Japanese playing 3s but I don't like to play 3s itself. I don't like the 3s's cast and how taunt would give you advantages. That is just bull, imo.

folken001
07-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Characters like Q or Twelve was just plain stupid in my book. If Capcom would ever make a new Street Fighter based on the SF II storyline they should do at least this:

2. Sean has been trained by Ken since then, and there some kind rivality between him and Ken son

I totally agree. Q and Twelve are lame as hell. Twelve players just run away all day. I also think Yun and Chun Li are broken as hell. But, I have to give capcom credits though, 3s, without some of its lame characters, is a really good game. Too bad, U.S never really picked it up.

I hope the next SF would give some kind of conclusion between Ryu and Akuma. What I really look forward to is CvS3. I hope there is going to be a CvS game that feature all of the characters up to date between capcom and snk. I am sure Capcom can do it consider how small CvS2 is (200 mb).

folken001
07-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by DeathStroke
Rumors are flying around all over the place concerning Capcom's fighters and their focus in the arcades. For the record, one of Capcom's PR guys did say that if the Street Fighter series is still marketable, they will make another game. I think it's still marketable but this year will be the first time in a while where we haven't seen a Capcom fighting game come out. Rumor about Capcom All Stars is that the game is being reevaluated because it sucked graphically and might be delayed a while. Personally, I think they might be going back to the drawing board and coming up with new ways to exploit the genre. That'll take time, especially if they're seriously going to redesign all the old sprites in the SF series like the fans want them to do.

Have seen the game in action, that piece of junk is going to fail. There is no doubt in my mind. Its graphics is fine, imo but its gameplay is so dull and its super combo system is lame as hell. I say instead wasting their time on Capcom All Stars, they should just start thinking what's going to be in CvS3.

garrffy
07-22-2003, 07:49 PM

Yeah Black Bahamut, Capcom should have more creative people like you instead of following the old formula.

I agree that Capcom should spend more time in designing characters rather than giving us something like Q and Twelve. With current technology (3D graphics, motion-capture, etc. ) and the industry experience in fighting game, I think it is not hard to make fighting games that look flashy. But to get people to like a new fighting game (or the sequel of an existing one) companies need create lovable character, write a decent background story and improve gameplay. It is more difficult than thought to come up with new cool charaters. Look at Tekken 4, almost all characters are returning casts with marginal upgrades (moves, costumes). Soul Calibur II is a bit better because it has two completely new characters and existing ones are given some upgrades. But still they are very similar to their respective predecessors.

Capcom might have seen the problem and hopefully next SF game will offer something new and yet retain the old SF feeling. I think Midway has done a good job in reviving MK: DA. Perhaps Capcom can learn something.

Black Sugar
07-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Exaclty, graphics aren't issue anymore, I was quite suprise to see such horrible characters in third-strike coming from a compagnie who are usually gods when it come to characters design. While I do love Ryu Ken and Akuma, I think the story should really evolve from now on. How about seeing Sakura all grown-up and fighting as good as Ryu since he finally decided to train her ? Stuff like that should keep fans interest in their games.

As for SoulCalubr 2, i'm pissed, Namco did virtually nothing in that game. They add two new okay characters and that set (and no, Cassandra or Yung-Sung doesn't count, they're rip-off). I won't even start talking about the last boss... :sing:

vherub
07-24-2003, 02:48 PM
i would like to see street fighter 2, as it was on the snes, online, they should follow tecmo and release an exact port of the snes sf2, but this time you can play against whomever, i fact there should be a whole line of games that would have made great online experiences that should be rereleased and value priced, if there is anything that would provide a huge boost to online gaming (especially nintendo) this would be it -and it helps that capcom has been giving some serious tecmo-like support to the cube

Black Sugar
07-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by vherub
i would like to see street fighter 2, as it was on the snes, online, they should follow tecmo and release an exact port of the snes sf2, but this time you can play against whomever, i fact there should be a whole line of games that would have made great online experiences that should be rereleased and value priced, if there is anything that would provide a huge boost to online gaming (especially nintendo) this would be it -and it helps that capcom has been giving some serious tecmo-like support to the cube
That a really neat idea, games like the original mario kart online would be awesome! But it won't happen knowing Nintendo philosophy

Robo Halloween
07-24-2003, 07:21 PM
How about seeing Sakura all grown-up and fighting as good as Ryu since he finally decided to train her ?

Are you saying this as speculation or do you believe that he is actually training Sakura? B/c we already discussed that, and we know he is not doing that.

NO MORE BASHING 12 AND Q, COMMAND THIS I!!

You're right about SC2 though, and Cassandra is just evil. Raphael pwns it all. And Cervantes should've been the boss instead of Inferno again.

garrffy
07-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I am dying for an online fighting game. Unfornately the only online fighting game available on the market is Cv.SNK2:EO on the XBOX . With the exception of DOA: online & MK6 which is rumoured to have online capability, none other new fighting games announced can be played online. Sometimes I wonder if people still play fighting games, or the genere is already dead? :( I will be the first one to buy if Capcom really released an online version of SFII.

Robo Halloween
07-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by garrffy
Sometimes I wonder if people still play fighting games, or the genere is already dead? :(

Don't you visit any arcades?

garrffy
07-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Don't you visit any arcades?

The games I have at home are more interesting (to me at least) than the ones in the arade. The only advantage an arcade has is that you can play with other people. When Gran Turishimo 4 comes out and if there are a few online fighting game (Tekken, SF, etc. online) I won't ever go to the arcade again.:D

Rubeus
07-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a Street Fighter 2.5 game coming out? It was rumored a while back.

Icarus4578
07-25-2003, 09:14 AM
That's probably what it is. Some SFII remake.

Black Sugar
07-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Are you saying this as speculation or do you believe that he is actually training Sakura? B/c we already discussed that, and we know he is not doing that.

NO MORE BASHING 12 AND Q, COMMAND THIS I!!

You're right about SC2 though, and Cassandra is just evil. Raphael pwns it all. And Cervantes should've been the boss instead of Inferno again.
I'm just throwing ideas around, there nothing I wrote as facts

garrffy
07-25-2003, 05:27 PM
I think the direction Black Bahamut is heading is quite good. There has to be a purpose for the next SF tournatment. For SFII, the purpose of the tournament was for M.Bison (Vega in Japanese Version) to recruit the best warrior by brain washing the final contestant.

I still don't know why SFIII tournament was held. The background story proposed by B.Bahamut can actually have a meaningful purpose - it could be hosted by Ken in an attempt to lure Ryu (who's gone evil) out and to save him from the darkside. I just like stories that has characters who are torn between good and evil, there will be so many possibility and confllict faced by the the good-gone-evil character makes that character more lively. As for Akuma, his is way pass the point of no return, there is nothing interesting to talk about him anymore.

Robo Halloween
07-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Well its inevitable, you people will insist on Ryu going evil. Which is just pathetic. Its a cheap cop-out from making something more original. I'm grateful that Capcom doesn't listen to its fans having this idea.

If Ryu had gone evil and made himself the boss of the game, we wouldn't have characters like Gill and Vega. Capcom could've turned Ryu evil since SF2 seeing as he had to go evil to defeat Sagat. But seeing as Capcom is original and they can think of better ways to make a storyline, they made grand boss characters instead.

And they will continue to do this, they would know that the idea of an evil Ryu as boss would just be ludicrous.

Icarus4578
07-26-2003, 02:33 AM
While Ryu as last boss is truly not good, I feel that Gill just doesn't belong in SF (more like X-Men), and that Twelve belongs in NightWarriors.

garrffy
07-26-2003, 11:36 AM
That's right. Gill is interesting but he doesn't look like he belongs to the SF universe. Psycho power is one thing but being able to make fire/ice balls fall from the sky? Gill even has wings when he does his other super move. I think that is too much.
As for evil Ryu being the final boss, he is just there to continue the story line. It sounds more convincing than just bringing another bad guy who again wants to take over the world. I am sure you don't want Bison(Vega) returns, right?

Robo Halloween
07-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I can understand you people not liking Gill on SF, I on the other hand think he's just great and fitting. The street fighters where nearly unstoppable, all they needed was to face off against a demigod.

Evil Ryu is not there to continue the storyline, Oro is. With Oro, we have an idea of what Ryu is up to and what we can expect from him on the next game. New training, new moves.

EDIT: And I would love if Vega returned, but as a regular character.

sin75
07-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Team Halloween: I can understand you people not liking Gill on SF

probably reminds ppl too much of Heihachi (from Tekken 4) or those fighting fat dudes from Japan.

Ok.. I read this from an Official Sega Saturn Magazine before the DC was released. They did an interview with one of Capcom's programmer and said they're planning on doing Street Fighter 4(2d) on the new CPS4 arcade machine after knowing how bad SF3 did... it's obvious now that they canned the whole project.

Black Sugar
07-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Well its inevitable, you people will insist on Ryu going evil. Which is just pathetic. Its a cheap cop-out from making something more original. I'm grateful that Capcom doesn't listen to its fans having this idea.

If Ryu had gone evil and made himself the boss of the game, we wouldn't have characters like Gill and Vega. Capcom could've turned Ryu evil since SF2 seeing as he had to go evil to defeat Sagat. But seeing as Capcom is original and they can think of better ways to make a storyline, they made grand boss characters instead.

And they will continue to do this, they would know that the idea of an evil Ryu as boss would just be ludicrous.
Yeah, and Gill is more original with no backbone story whatsoever to hold him up ? yeah, Gill is a well developped character:sing:

Robo Halloween
07-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Yeah, and Gill is more original with no backbone story whatsoever to hold him up ? yeah, Gill is a well developped character:sing:

Even Frankie knows that! (http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/gill.html) :P

Cyclops
07-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by sin75
Team Halloween: I can understand you people not liking Gill on SF

probably reminds ppl too much of Heihachi (from Tekken 4) or those fighting fat dudes from Japan.

Ok.. I read this from an Official Sega Saturn Magazine before the DC was released. They did an interview with one of Capcom's programmer and said they're planning on doing Street Fighter 4(2d) on the new CPS4 arcade machine after knowing how bad SF3 did... it's obvious now that they canned the whole project.

SF3 faile becasue it had too many lame characters. They should have bought some of the old characters back from SF2 or the alpha series.

Robo Halloween
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Stop...bashing...SF3...characters...you...motherfu ckers...

Gill rocks, Remy rocks, Q rocks, 12 rocks, Elena rocks, Necro rocks, Dudley rocks, Sean rocks...

THEY ALL FUCKING ROCK!!

DeathStroke
07-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Pretty screwed up, isn't it. People complain about Capcom rehashing Street Fighter over and over and the minute they do something new, more people start complaining about how it isn't the same old thing.

I, for one, liked SF3's characters. Mostly because a lot of them played different compared to other fighters in the SF series.

Icarus4578
07-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Team Halloween, Street Fighter will never die. Not as long as gamers like us exist.

Robo Halloween
07-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Just curious, to the people who keep insulting the SF3 characters: Have you ever even used them in a fight? Have you ever even played the games? Or do you just ogle at the character designs?

There is more to a character than looks, each character has several in-depth startegies to fight with. The SF3 games and its characters are the most deep and technical you can find in any fighting game. Button mashers don't win matches in these games, only seasoned players that know their characters and when is the right time to execute their moves.

After all, most fighting games are all about dominating the geometry to land combos and look good fucking up your opponent.

So don't bash characters based on how they look, always think of what can they accomplish.

Black Sugar
07-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Just curious, to the people who keep insulting the SF3 characters: Have you ever even used them in a fight? Have you ever even played the games? Or do you just ogle at the character designs?

There is more to a character than looks, each character has several in-depth startegies to fight with. The SF3 games and its characters are the most deep and technical you can find in any fighting game. Button mashers don't win matches in these games, only seasoned players that know their characters and when is the right time to execute their moves.

After all, most fighting games are all about dominating the geometry to land combos and look good fucking up your opponent.

So don't bash characters based on how they look, always think of what can they accomplish.
I'm more complaining about the characters design than anything else. The gameplay dept would be another story. DeathStroke's talking about how he love the characters because they all played different, but do they have be aliens such as Twelve ? I like characters who fit well in the street fighter universe such as Makoto, Dudley, Alex just to name a few. If I ever want to play a fighting game with weird characters design or monster i'll either buy, Jojo bizarre adventure or DarkStalkers.

Seska
07-30-2003, 01:34 AM
Stop...bashing...SF3...characters...you...motherfu ckers...

Gill rocks, Remy rocks, Q rocks, 12 rocks, Elena rocks, Necro rocks, Dudley rocks, Sean rocks...

THEY ALL FUCKING ROCK!!

Team Halloween, moderate your language, PLEASE. I think its been said before already that you are perfectly capable of bringing your point across without having any need to swear.

Ryu Kazama
07-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Sicne alot of you have currently started to talk about SF3 characters I'd like to give my opinion in this interesting matter.

Firstly when I played SF3 (on the DC) and used the new characters, I for one wasn't that impressed. But, after getting to use the characters I started to accept them. obviously there will be some I don't like, like I didn't with a few of the SF2 cast but most of them I'm alright with now.

Now what I found lame which many who complained may also find lame is that there was no need to make Remy like Guile or Necro a mix between Dhalsim and Blanka. Although Necro is sometimes really cool to use (prefer him to Twelve).

The fact that Remy was like Guile made me happy at first but after a short while I was angry. Angry that they are ruining one of SF's greatest character's image. Guile was superor to Remy. Now I wouldn't mind so much if Guile had taught Remy or if Remy was undergoing the same training or whatever but without us knowing it's not exciting.

Also another reason why peopel may not like these characters is because there is hardley any story of them. It's not going too deep which alot of us may want. All we get is that in some way or another one character is involved with the other but in a mysterious way.

Now it may have sounded I wanted Guile back (which I would definitely be up for) but I can except that he probably wouldn't want to be back after he has finally got his family together again.

Anyway as for Ryu going evil....NO NO NO!!! I think that is a BAD idea.

Also he did not go evil when facing Sagat. He beat him in his usual state without the Dark Hadou consuming him.

I wouldn't like an Evil Ryu because Ryu is what really makes SF for me. Sure it's still him but Evil, but who cares? We already have Shin Akuma and Bison and Gill and whoever else.

Ryu needs to be left pure. And no I wouldn't want an Evil Ken either.

If I want the story to evolve I'd like to see it go from Oro and Ryu's relationship and his training like another poster mentioned. However, I wouldn't want him to have a completly redone move list like Jin Kazama had in Tekken 4.

And now that he has trained with Oro I am sure Oro knows of a way to supress Ryu's evil intent from consuming him.

Anyway that's enough from me for the time being.

DeathStroke
07-30-2003, 01:19 PM
I'm more complaining about the characters design than anything else. The gameplay dept would be another story. DeathStroke's talking about how he love the characters because they all played different, but do they have be aliens such as Twelve ? I like characters who fit well in the street fighter universe such as Makoto, Dudley, Alex just to name a few. If I ever want to play a fighting game with weird characters design or monster i'll either buy, Jojo bizarre adventure or DarkStalkers.

The original SF had such designs as well in Blanka. Twelve, IMO, fits fine as far as story goes. He is a genetic soldier for Gill's organization. If there is anybody that could be classified as an alien and has a story that raises even more questions about his origins, it's Q. However, with such people as Akuma, Gill and Oro roaming around, there's little questionable about someone like Q.

The fact that Remy was like Guile made me happy at first but after a short while I was angry. Angry that they are ruining one of SF's greatest character's image. Guile was superor to Remy. Now I wouldn't mind so much if Guile had taught Remy or if Remy was undergoing the same training or whatever but without us knowing it's not exciting.

Remy may be Guile's son.
It's known for sure that Yun and Yang are Gen's grandsons so Capcom might have decided to throw in another so called progeny of one of the SF characters. Take Remy's story for example in which he talks about how his father was nothing but a fighter and abandoned their family. We know that Guile was obsessed with getting revenge on Bison for the death of Charlie. There's a strong case for this. The only thing that even remotely defeats the theory is that Remy seems British while Guile is American. But then again, there's always the possibility that he took his mother's nationality. Anyways, there's a pretty strong case there IMO, that Remy is Guile's son.

Robo Halloween
07-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Not really, to me Remy is too old to be considered Guile's son.

And Yun and Yang are not Gen's grandsons. Nor Lee is their father. However, Gen trained them both and Chun Li.

Lee is dead BTW.

Black Sugar
07-30-2003, 02:19 PM

And Yun and Yang are not Gen's grandsons. Nor Lee is their father. However, Gen trained them both and Chun Li.

Lee is dead BTW.
Yun & Yang are indeed the Grand Son of Gen. Do some research.

Cobi*
07-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Seska
Team Halloween, moderate your language, PLEASE. I think its been said before already that you are perfectly capable of bringing your point across without having any need to swear.

woah, what happened to the auto-censor?

anywho, everybody chill we all know (or you will know if street fighter ever goes online, hehehe) that ken owns all! :D

this pretty much goes without saying but i hope you're all keeping track of snk vs. capcom: chaos... http://www.the-magicbox.com/game072903b.htm

looking rather good, i might add :cool guy:

lol, dimitri's midnight bliss! who'da thought that akuma would look so sexy as a woman... (it's gotta be the beads :P)
http://www.the-magicbox.com/game072903c.htm

hey! what's wrong with gill anyways. he has some of the coolest lines ever! nevermind that he fights in his briefs (it's SO irrelevant...>>)!!

Robo Halloween
07-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Yun & Yang are indeed the Grand Son of Gen. Do some research.

****, you're right.

And turns out Lee is their father after all! And he's not dead like people claimed!

Black Sugar
07-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Ryu going evil was only a example among the others to show you that Capcom should develop their character even more. But I really forgot that Oro actually did want to train Ryu after the SFIII tournament.

Again, I would really like if Ken's son came to the next tournament. Remember Ken's ending praticing with his son.... this was hilarious !

This can go for Sean alsoo who's trying to beat Ryu so Ken can train him.

You see, this is the kind of background story I like, even thought this have nothing to do with the actual gameplay, It still much appreciated.

On another interesting note, how about making some member of Ibuki's Ninja Clan playable characters ? (We can see them cherring for her in the background from SFIII Second Impact if I remember correctly)

We all know that Makoto (who's my favorite characters among the new SFIII cast) is the sister of Ibuki. Knowing futher about her would be nice.

Robo Halloween
07-30-2003, 06:48 PM

We all know that Makoto (who's my favorite characters among the new SFIII cast) is the sister of Ibuki. Knowing futher about her would be nice.

Makoto being Ibuki's sister? Where did you hear that?:confused:

Black Sugar
07-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Makoto being Ibuki's sister? Where did you hear that?:confused:
You didn't know ? Maybe I should post some facts about the SF characters for you guys . Yeah Makoto is Ibuki's sister. That would explain why they have a special taunt or spare togheter before a match in SF III Third Strike. I don't remember the exact source I found this information .

garrffy
07-31-2003, 02:04 AM

Not necessarily. Perhaps, Guile's child got a sex change operation and become his son now named Remy. Look at the long hair Remy is wearing and his feminine look. :yikes: :crazy:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/snes/b/ssfguile-12.gif

Ryu Kazama
07-31-2003, 10:50 AM
I have thought of Remy being Guile's son but I don't want to believe it. I've had more than enough of family relationships.

Just bring back Guile and I'd be a happy man.

As for ibuki and Makoto being sisters well.....eh? I never knew it or heard it. I also doubt it. Don't ask me why but I do for some strange reason. But I will research this to make sure.

Gill's lines are alright but don't you get so annoyed from him constantly saying "I am your God" if you lose? Although I do like it in TS where he says "The mark of my Demon-hood shall scar thy DNA" or something along those lines.

And for the guy who stated Yun and Yang being Gen's grandson's, yes I agree. But I'd expect Gen to teach them a bit better. Gen was better to use in Alpha than Yun and Yang are in SF3 or Yun in CVS2. However, that's not to say they are crap, I just preferred Gen because of his oldman coolness. "You are big fool".

Anyway I understand when one of you said about Capcom developing the characters further, but going into a permenant Evil Ryu stage doesn't seem to be the right way. I'd think more people woul dlike to see the outcome of a few years training with Oro.

I also agree it would be great to see Mel in SF, but I'd feel he'd be a bit young. He'd have to be at least 14 (he looked 4 in the game) whch means Ryu would be 49 (he recently turned 39 on July 21st) and Ken would be 48. But that's going by estimated real time. Even though if it were like that they'd stil be able to fight since Paul and Lei can and 75 year old Heihachi in Tekken but I'd expect the coolness of Ryu and Ken to pretty much die.

I'd expect Sean to return with new moves to have chance to even hit Ryu.

As for people I doubt will or should not return, I'd give it Twelve, Necro and possibly Gill and Urien.

Black Sugar
07-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ryu Kazama
...As for ibuki and Makoto being sisters well.....eh? I never knew it or heard it. I also doubt it. Don't ask me why but I do for some strange reason. But I will research this to make sure.

I really don't remember where I read that information, but I do remember that this was the same source where I found Yun & Yang was related to Gen.

DeathStroke
07-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Don't think Ibuki and Makoto are sisters. Maybe friendly rivals like Sakura and Karin but not sisters.

Ryu Kazama
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
I still have not found any info weather Ibuki is Makoto's sister.

But I did find that Geki is Ibuki's father and master and that Lee is really Yun and Yang's old man (which I know Dark Bahamut already stated previously). It's a shame Lee doesn't compare to Gen.

I have a little question. A lot of people confuse Makoto for a guy, which I can't blame them since she does look a bit boy-ish, but have any of you seen a certain picture where she looks more feminine and actually pretty (although Chun Li is better)??

The picture I mean is of her wearing a red T-Shirt with her Gi open over it while she is holding her belt.

Anyway that was just a little question, back to SF3 or whatever else SF.

Robo Halloween
07-31-2003, 04:36 PM
I got some proffesional help and here is how the Yun/Yang/Gen issue turned out:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kenshiro/296365.html

And turns out Makoto and Ibuki are not sisters.

You know what I always thought? Elena and Makoto where in a student exchange program. Maybe thats the case, haven't you seen Elenas ending on 3rd Strike? That japanese girl in an african outfit looked like Makoto.

Robo Halloween
07-31-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ryu Kazama

But I did find that Geki is Ibuki's father and master and that Lee is really Yun and Yang's old man (which I know Dark Bahamut already stated previously). It's a shame Lee doesn't compare to Gen.

I have a little question. A lot of people confuse Makoto for a guy, which I can't blame them since she does look a bit boy-ish, but have any of you seen a certain picture where she looks more feminine and actually pretty (although Chun Li is better)??

The picture I mean is of her wearing a red T-Shirt with her Gi open over it while she is holding her belt.

Geki is not Ibuki's father, I'm certain this time.

And is this the picture you're looking for?

Black Sugar
07-31-2003, 05:26 PM
I got some proffesional help and here is how the Yun/Yang/Gen issue turned out:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kenshiro/296365.html

And turns out Makoto and Ibuki are not sisters.

You know what I always thought? Elena and Makoto where in a student exchange program. Maybe thats the case, haven't you seen Elenas ending on 3rd Strike? That japanese girl in an african outfit looked like Makoto.
Man, I'm would bet my life on it, Makoto is the sister of Ibuki ! I'll try to find the source. If there aren't relative , why would capcom put those special entrance only for both of them before the macth ? (aside from Ken & Ryu )

Anyways, I'll come back with some proof!

Black Sugar
07-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Geki is not Ibuki's father, I'm certain this time.

And is this the picture you're looking for?

...Ibuki is a member of a secret school of ninjitsu. This young girl is entering the Street Fighter tournament to complete her training and then hopes to live a normal life. Ibuki's strength lies within Ninjitsu combined with all the ancient Japanese martial arts. Her quick, sharp movements allow her to close in on an opponent and inflict severe damage to a weak point with a deadly blow. She trains among other ninjas to perfect her skills, as she is only an ordinary girl. Geki is her father and teacher.... source : gamegen.com

Robo Halloween
07-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Gamegen isn't very reliable. Look up the SF Plot Guide or Siegfried's Fighter Mania for more accurate information.

Robo Halloween
07-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Man, I'm would bet my life on it, Makoto is the sister of Ibuki ! I'll try to find the source. If there aren't relative , why would capcom put those special entrance only for both of them before the macth ? (aside from Ken & Ryu )

The same reason they made that special Hugo vs. Alex intro, none.

Ryu Kazama
08-01-2003, 04:26 PM
I have to disagree, gamegen is quite reliable, but maybe not in Geki being Ibuki's old man though.

And yes that's the pic and thats also where I saw it. You gotta admitt she looks decent no?

There was a reasonw hy Alex and Hugo have that (cool) opening. You may have just forgotten it but it there because they are rivals. You can tell that just by looking at both poses and the belly attack Hugo does. Not mention in SF3 DI them two are on a roof alone.

But I haven't seen Makoto's and Ibuki's entrance (I only just got SF3 since I previosuly never owned a DC until I decided I needed some of the old classics).

And can someone please explain to me the point in Makoto wearing a band around her neck ?? I mean anyone who has a brain would think "aha. How about if I could grab her band and choke her". It's silly in my opinion. She's only asking for trouble with it on. Sheesh even if she walked down the streetnear some 5 year old kid, I bet they'd decide to pull on it to show her it's dangerous.

Black Sugar
08-01-2003, 10:28 PM
I didn't find any information about Makoto being Ibuki's sister. So, don't take my word for it , I maybe wrong. About Makoto wearing a band around her neck ? I have no idea why she would do such a stupid thing ! Didn't any of you see the similarities between Makoto and Akane from the Ranma 1/2 anime ?