PDA

View Full Version : Macintosh Woe

Drunken Savior
07-07-2003, 08:40 PM
A few days ago I read that Microsoft will not be upgrading Internet Explorer past security upgrades for Mac. No problem, Safari and Mozilla are better.

Today I learned that Adobe is dropping support for Mac for their Adobe Premiere software. This hurts. While Final Cut Pro is excellent, I'd rather have both tools at my disposal.

As Apple keeps expanding their excellent software to cover more areas, developers are edging away. Sound familiar?

Joe Redifer
07-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Premiere is not selling well for the Mac since it already has iMovie and the far far far superior Final Cut Pro. Oh yeah it has Avid as well. Premiere really isn't that great of a non-linear editor, even on Windows. Once you have Final Cut Pro (especially FCP4) you will see that there is zero reason for Premiere. Adobe Premiere 7 will only work in XP. Photoshop 8 will be Mac OS X only. Same with After Effects 6 (or whatever the next version is).

As for IE, big deal. Safari and especially Camino are much, much better. Microsoft realizes that they can't really compete, and they are pissed that Apple did not choose IE to be the OS's default browser. IE is losing steam even on Windows as people find Opera and Mozilla.

mackensie
07-07-2003, 10:11 PM
Adobe is being a bit cowardly it appears. Scared of a little competition Adobe?

Reality
07-07-2003, 11:29 PM
My opinion on IE, HA! I'm been using Safari since it's beta. It rules baby! As for the Premiere software, I have no idea what that is.