PDA

View Full Version : Sega Am2's line-up........

DBJAY
07-02-2003, 06:19 PM
at spong.com

[Release Date/Title/Format/Territory]

* August 7 - Rent-A-Hero No. #1, Xbox (Japan)
* August 12 - Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, PS2 (North America)
* September - The King of Route 66, PS2 (Europe)
* September - Space Harrier, PS2 (Japan)
* Summer 2003 (TBA) - Rent-A-Hero No. #1, Xbox (North America)
* Fall 2003 (TBA) - Virtua Fighter Quest (temporary), GC (Japan)
* TBA 2003 - Outrun 2 (Chihiro), Arcade (Japan)
* TBA 2003 - Monaco GP, PS2 (Japan)
* TBA 2003 - Shenmue II, Xbox (Asia

Notice that only the PS2 gets the quality games. Xbox once again blessed with a Dreamcast port. Oddly enough, the never before seen Virtua Fighter Quest is the only GC release. Once again, PS2 by default will have the higher sales because of VF4 Evo (which will retail for 19.99 btw.) Why no cheapo port for the GC, which really has very few fighting games......or Xbox which has been looking for a decent 3D fighter since DOA3?

ATMA
07-02-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm about 80% sure that VF4 Evo is allready out in Europe.

Oh i've read something that next week or next month Am2 will make a big announcement, eventhough though everybody is expecting Shenmue 3 for the Xbox, there might be a chance for something new to pop out.

insteefy
07-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Evo is out in Europe??

Omg, how much?? i need it. I heard it would be sold for $22 in the states..

Reality
07-03-2003, 12:15 AM
Virtual Fighter Quest was announced what, 2000-2001? it's about time we finely starting to see something of it.

ATMA
07-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by insteefy
Evo is out in Europe??

Omg, how much?? i need it. I heard it would be sold for $22 in the states..

Kijk maar bij Dimension plus voor 57.99 euro(zonder vervoer kosten)! En op de Ntsc gaat het $19.99 kosten(zonder vervoer kosten) ..Import all the way.

And yes now i'm about 100% sure that VF 4 Evo is allready out in Europe. Sega following Namco's style only a few months between instead of days.

Alucard
07-03-2003, 11:04 AM
*insert high pitched scream* SPACE HARRIER!!

insteefy
07-03-2003, 02:24 PM
?60!! fuk that!!

GAH! Too bad i cant import, mhmm, got mod chip?!!?!

shogun221
07-10-2003, 02:08 AM
"Why no cheapo port for the GC, which really has very few fighting games......or Xbox which has been looking for a decent 3D fighter since DOA3?"

One reason might be that VF4 was developed on an arcade board based on PS2 architecture...so porting it over to GC might not be as simple a process as it was to bring it to PS2.

Still, I'd imagine the thing would sell like crazy...

IoriYagami n8
07-10-2003, 02:16 AM
No, VF4 was developed on the Naomi 2 arcade hardware, which is Naomi hardware with more polygon power and texturing, the architechture is still based off of the Dreamcast, in which case the Gamecube would be the easiest system to port it over too.

Nem
07-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Well, im positively ceartain that VF4 evo is already out in europe since i already got it:D :D Its very good!
If your interested ill give you a laydown... well the graphics arent as good as VF4, they now have more polys on the arenas backgrounds and there are 2nd versions of almost every stage found in VF4, but on the other hand those juicy speacial effects that graced vf4 dont make a comeback (reflecting water, etc) and also im not sure but it seems that the game is now 50fps intead of 60 but the character movements appear to be much smoother and realistic looking! But the game really pays off in the playability department since almost every character has seen his moves revamped and 2 new characters have been added, plus the new quest mode is much better than the kumite mode in vf4 and has lots of goodies to unlock (wallpapers,movies, and the usual stuff to customise your character), and the mode itself is now divided into tournaments, including pretty funny ones (i loved one where the characters are accelareted and thus can make combos of more than 20 hits:D )! So were pretty lucky AM2 didnt name the game VF5 since it can be considered something of the sort (ive seen hudson doing that with much less with bloody roar)!
My final word is its a must buy unless your already fed up(and i mean reeaaally fed up) with virtua fighter!!

DigitalAlchemy
07-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Hmmm....Space Harrier? Anyone know if this is the newer arcade version that came out a while ago (wasn't it called "planet harrier?), or an all-new game?

Joe Redifer
07-14-2003, 03:30 AM
I hope it's not Planet Harriers. I heard that one sucked! I also hope it's not just the original arcade Space Harrier since I own 12 or 13 copies of that for each system. Hopefully an all new adventure!

Am I the only one who was left hangin' limp by VF4?

Pilotwings
07-14-2003, 04:06 AM
virtual fighter quest was actually shown a while back. though not on video. am2 had some screens on a phamplet they were holding at a show along with other games.

sega in general have a real good year so far, they've just completed f-zero for nintendo. it'll be a nice money maker for them from sales.