PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still playing their PSOne?

Wolf
06-06-2002, 11:10 PM
I have recently found it harder and harder to pick up my PSOne games and actually get into them.

Current Example: The Italian Job

I am trying to get into this title so much. The game is interesting but the graphics really ruin some of the overall fun. It is hard to see actual cars you have to chase since they turn into pixelated messes when they get a little bit ahead of you.

I am not a graphics whore by any means but with the level of detail that the Dreamcast, PS2, GC and Xbox are now capable of do you guys find it harder to go back and play through FF7 or enjoy other games on the PSOne?

It's a shame too. I have games on my sheld like Fear Effect 2, Parasite Eve II and others, but the desire to play them takes back seat to titles like Resident Evil (for GC) and Devil May Cry or MoH: FL.

With titles like Ratchet & Clank, Starfox Adventures and Panzer Dragoon Orta on their way it's going to be a whole lot harder to turn back to games like Dino Crisis II and Driver. The gameplay and graphics are simply outdated by the current crop of hardware and software.

Vash
06-07-2002, 05:08 PM
I agree i do find it harder, but that dosent stop me from playing old games ... i can never get tired of FF Tactics

Seska
06-07-2002, 08:11 PM
I don't think I shall be giving up on my PS1 jsut yet as long as there is a great lack of DECENT RPG/ADV/SMG games on the PS2. Games like Suikoden 2, Tales of Phantasia/Destiny, Star Ocean, things that dont rely TOO heavily on 3D are quite tolerable.

Make me play games along the line of Tomb Raider or Car games, and the 3D graphics will have me scraping my retina off with a rusty nail.

Yes, I guess I've been spoilt that way. :p

Rubeus
06-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Yes I still play with my Playstation! I'm replaying Final Fantasy VII right now. For some strange reason, FFVII is not fully compatible with PS2, in the middle of the game the graphics always get scrambled up completely, so I'm forced to put the game back into my old Playstation.

Anyone ever tried to play FFVII on PS2?

folken001
06-08-2002, 03:54 PM
I still play lots of my PSone games. In fact, I am determined to finish Star Ocean: 2nd story this time. It is a fun game, yo!

Vash
06-08-2002, 06:04 PM
ya 2d games look just fine on the PSone ... Valkrie Profile and Castlevania SOTN are probably 2 of my fav games right now ...

dragoonocean
06-09-2002, 02:38 AM
Hek yea, Y wouldnt I play the best system of all time, it seems Bandai is the only thing holding it up now ;[ sadly

Dubkiller
06-09-2002, 05:43 PM
I've been playing PSOne lately. I finished Syphon Filter 2, and then went back and completed Syphon Filter 1 from start to finish. (I'd gotten halfway through the game a long time ago, and never bothered to finish it for some reason).

ericbox
06-10-2002, 02:05 PM
i'd like to get my hands on parappa but before i do does anyone have a good idea of what a used or new copy would be going for.

ATMA
06-10-2002, 02:28 PM
I've been playing my psone games on my ps2 ,so i'm not really playing psone :( ,but i won't hesitate to plug it in and play some psone games though :D !!

Bookbagninja
06-11-2002, 02:19 AM
Heck yeah, man. At this very moment, I'm playing Striker 1945. Love this game. Bout to play Einhander. PSone is the best for shooters...

HungLong
06-11-2002, 06:16 PM
While waiting for Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7 to come out on PS2 this summer, I'm currently playing those low budget PS games on my PSX. Those games aren't hits but they're not all bad nontheless.

IHZer0
06-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm playing it so much these days.

I just recently got a PSone Combo (for graduation), and I've been playing on the little screen and system, instead of my PS2 and 32" WEGA.

Actually, I prefer it...probably cuz the PS2 and WEGA is in my mom's room, while the PSone is in my room.

Anyways, yesterday I picked up Arc the Lad Collection. Day before that I got Parappa the Rapper. And the day before that I got Striker 1945. So I obviously have my hands full with those games...but I also got back into Castlevania Chronicles, which I haven't beaten yet. I'm so glad I picked it up when it came out, I don't see it anywhere anymore.

Dubkiller
06-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Okay, now that I've finished Syphon Filter 1 & 2, I tried to go back and finish Fear Effect after getting part way through it a long time ago. I think I remember why I stopped playing now, and I don't think I'm going to ever finish it. The game has frustratingly long load times every time you die, and the gameplay is pretty much all trial and error. What poor design.

gabriel
06-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I dont have a PSone anymore, and I dont really played any of the PSone games that I do have. Pretty much all my games are RPGs. If it wasnt for RPGs, and a few other games (like Resident Evil, Castlevania) the PSone would have been a total waste of money for me.

Not only did Sony's decision to pull ahead with 3D when the technology wasnt ready bring forth a slew of ugly ass graphics, it also brought the untimely end to 2D (for the most part). That's not to say the PSone hasnt brought me countless hours of entertainment, it has, but I would have much prefered if Sony held off the 3D for a while.

chocotek
06-13-2002, 02:08 AM
sometimes i do...i usually play them on my PS2...unless i get the urge to use the game shark on some of the older games so i can just mess around in them for an hour or so

ShaperMC
06-14-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by IHZer0
I'm playing it so much these days.

I just recently got a PSone Combo (for graduation), and I've been playing on the little screen and system, instead of my PS2 and 32" WEGA.

Actually, I prefer it...probably cuz the PS2 and WEGA is in my mom's room, while the PSone is in my room.

Anyways, yesterday I picked up Arc the Lad Collection. Day before that I got Parappa the Rapper. And the day before that I got Striker 1945. So I obviously have my hands full with those games...but I also got back into Castlevania Chronicles, which I haven't beaten yet. I'm so glad I picked it up when it came out, I don't see it anywhere anymore.

I play my PS1 more than any other system. DC is 2nd. I got this because I was going for training for a long time with no TV so I bought it for that. I picked up so many RPG and Adventure games that I will be busy for a long time. I also got Metal Slug X, for it and that just eats hours from my life. It is also the best portable fighting game system.

wunko
06-19-2002, 09:02 PM
we still use it to play PSOne games at the same time some1 is occupying our PS2 on another TV.

IHZer0
07-03-2002, 05:56 PM
I just picked up Ogre Battle Limited Edition for 25 bucks!

It came complete with case, manual, and chart/map-thingy.

I'm enjoying it.

Dubkiller
07-03-2002, 07:39 PM
I'm still plugging away at the PSOne. I recently beat Dino Crisis 2 for the first time. Not bad, not great.

HFIL
07-03-2002, 09:47 PM
I find alot of the 3d games hard to play.. I dunno.. They just look horible.. and w/ making a game 3d.. in most cases graphics became a strong part of the overall game (Like RE, and raceing games.. ect..)

But when It comes to 2d games.. I have no problem.. FF tactics.. Lunar.. Metal Slug X.. Castlvainia SOTN... ect..

dark_wind
07-05-2002, 06:13 AM
yeah im still playing my psx :)
trying to play all the nice rpgs, action/adventure games i missed like xenogears, chrono chross, tenchu wipeout etc

IHZer0
07-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Just got G-Darius for 10 bucks.

IHZer0
07-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Just got another...
Tomba, for $25.

momo2oo2
07-12-2002, 12:47 AM
Yep, totally agree. I still play my PSX (mine is from '95, still psx hehe) for RPGs and Castlevania SOTN.

Hopefully, there are some RPGs to come soon, if u want info see this:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game070802e.htm

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game071002a.htm

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game070802a.htm

:P

IHZer0
07-12-2002, 12:56 AM
PSX doesn't exist. PS and PSone does, on the other hand. And don't try and tell me what PSX is, since I know what is is...I just get tired of hearing it all the time.

momo2oo2
07-12-2002, 01:00 AM
U have all the reason. Btw, I name it so since it was its project name, and im very used to it :p

hootie17
07-12-2002, 01:26 AM
yeah, i stilll play it, untill i was able to get $100 for it, then i desided to let it go.

Tashi Tashi
07-16-2002, 12:09 AM
I'm playing Front Mission 3, Dragon Warrior 7 and Lunar 2.

C4RL
12-11-2005, 05:55 AM
Yep. Im playing Chrono Trigger! Carl is playing an RPG!? No FUCKING WAY! I played this game years ago and quit near the middle so now im starting from stratch. Im trying to break into the RPG genre, feels like im missing out on a lot.

Nephlabobo
12-11-2005, 06:54 AM
My PS is in Canada. But I do play PS games on my PS2 here.

And I'll be playing my PS when I go back at Xmas.

Escaflowne2001
12-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Until a couple of months ago yes but now i've got a modded PS2 I don't need it, I'll play them on the PS2 though I only need to get Tales Of Destiny and Legend Of Mana.

Vegetto
12-11-2005, 04:15 PM
my psONE is traded in

play all my PS games on my PS2

and CARL good start to get into the RPG genre!!!

chrono trigger is my all time favorite game

BGM
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I've been playing my psone games on my ps2 ,so i'm not really playing psone though :D !!
Yeah same here , but then why wouldn't I be playing games like Metal Gear Solid, R4, Bust A Groove 1 and 2,Resident Evil 3 (back when the Resident Evil games were actually good), Tomb Raider 2, Crash Bandicoot/ Crash Team Racing and on and on and on :cool guy: .

Vegetto
12-11-2005, 11:39 PM
you know a thread is old when someones quoting ATMA o.O

Freeman
12-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Thank god for PSX emulators, but I could REALLY go with a good PSX console :/.
F-12

Ryu1Revline
12-12-2005, 06:41 AM

I guess back in the old days of 2002 you could post something without being a registered user. If you look closely, you'll see Seska without a hot avatar. What a n00b.

BGM
12-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Damn this thread is old, I never even noticed the post date until you said something.