PDA

View Full Version : GBA to TV adapter.

Vicviper
06-06-2002, 02:52 PM
I've got one. Does anyone else? It works pretty well. It is now a lot easier to see everything that is going on in Castlevania amongst other games.

Kid0_oIcarus
06-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Wow- how much did THAT cost?

And where'd you get it from?

Vicviper
06-07-2002, 01:15 PM
I got it at gamegizmo.com It's very easy to install. The bad thing is that it costs $76. Now more than a GBA. But it is worth it, IMO

Kid0_oIcarus
06-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Hmm... is the picture quality really good? What about sound- that comes through the tv too, right? How well does that sound?

Is gamegizmo the only place to get it? Maybe do some comparison shopping here..

Vicviper
06-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Picture quality is decent. It get's a little grainy on a TV. I'ts not crystal clear but it is very easy to see everything. Sound quality is good. It comes with a cable that has component video/audio and S-video. You can chose to view the game in full screen or in a box which puts about a 2-3" border around the whole screen. This makes the picture seem more clear.

You can order it at different places. The 3 that I've seen are
Gamegizmo, NCS and Buyrite. Gamegizmo was the cheapest. NCS is very reliable. I wouldn't ever trust Buyrite. I've been screwed by them twice and will not do business with them again.

Valgalder
06-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Is the TV adapter able to de-attach? I wouldnt want to carry it around because it is kind of bulky.

FumieHosokawa
06-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Valgalder, there's two pieces to it: one which replaces the back panel of your Game Boy Advance (and attaches a special ribbon cable to the board inside) and another shaped like a grip that fits into that when sending the signal to the TV. Without it, like when you're carrying the GBA, it's no different:
http://home.earthlink.net/~jayyun/images/gbatda2.jpg

My opinion is, most GBA games aren't all that visually (when compared to the big boys), and seeing them on a TV confirms it; only some exclusive gameplay experience can justify playing them this way, especially with a bulky add-on--ha ha, still not as big as an Xbox controller! I like it because it allows screencaps and super-modifies my system: Sun Filter; this; now, the Afterburner frontlight; and soon, a TV tuner....